First Family Readiness Center in AOR

C17Driver

So they're sending dependents to a base where you still get CZTE? Do the kids get to go to the SF Squadron and put on battle rattle and hold an M-4 to show all their friends what they got to do on their deployment? Will your wife get chiefed at 3 am if she goes to the bathroom without a reflective belt on? Will she get an Article 15 if she lets another spouse have one of her 3 drinks per day? This raises so many questions that will require at least twelve more chiefs, seven more execs and five more directors of staff out there to solve.

• Upvote 2

So they're sending dependents to a base where you still get CZTE? Do the kids get to go to the SF Squadron and put on battle rattle and hold an M-4 to show all their friends what they got to do on their deployment? Will your wife get chiefed at 3 am if she goes to the bathroom without a reflective belt on? Will she get an Article 15 if she lets another spouse have one of her 3 drinks per day? This raises so many questions that will require at least twelve more chiefs, seven more execs and five more directors of staff out there to solve.

They live downtown. It is a PCS.

So one question? Can we take our families with us to Korea if we get sent there? Or are those still just a 365? So why don't we just make those PCS locals as well since there is no danger what so ever I Korea but we have known threats in that aor. There is just so many reasons why this is a bad idea. I wonder how many divorces this will create because of this locale. Hell I think Cannon just got upgraded from one of the worst locale's to not so bad anymore.

Edited by cragspider

So one question? Can we take our families with us to Korea if we get sent there? Or are those still just a 365? So why don't we just make those PCS locals as well since there is no danger what so ever I Korea but we have known threats in that aor. There is just so many reasons why this is a bad idea. I wonder how many divorces this will create because of this local. Hell I think Cannon just got upgraded from one of the worst locals to not so bad anymore.

I believe the word you are searching for is "locale". "Local", when used as a noun, refers to someone who lives in the area.

Hell I think Cannon just got upgraded from one of the worst locals to not so bad anymore.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

This is a joke, how can you say you're an "Expeditionary" anything when you have the wife and kids along for the ride?

• Upvote 1

What will happen to the family if the member is deported out of the country for doing something as stupid as handing the agents your ID card in the wrong hand? Or slapping your ID card on the counter? Or going the wrong way through a doorway? etc etc etc.

Is there going to be a culture class for spouses? So we know how to act in public, and, yes, even what is appropriate to wear? I understand that it's not Saudi and maybe not as strict, but still, we should be mindful and respectful of that culture.

Well, the plus side for my family: We were medically denied England. I highly doubt we'll be authorized or medically cleared to go here.

Just my $0.02 as a spouse.

Edited by The Kayla

So one question? Can we take our families with us to Korea if we get sent there? Or are those still just a 365? So why don't we just make those PCS locals as well since there is no danger what so ever I Korea but we have known threats in that aor. There is just so many reasons why this is a bad idea. I wonder how many divorces this will create because of this locale. Hell I think Cannon just got upgraded from one of the worst locale's to not so bad anymore.

Don't confuse the base with the city. Doha isn't terrible, while Clovis is. There is a TON of stuff to do in Doha and a lot of fun to be had there. The reason that undisclosed location sucks so bad is 100% the fault of the Americans and their asine policies. All indications point to that base not going anywhere... ever. I have heard MANY different senior leaders express the desire to make it "The Ramstein of the middle east". With that said, I think we need as many spouses there as possible, because as this thread highlights, the "normalcy" of having spouses there runs counter to the idiocy of that base, and may actually go a long way to get the place changed for the better.

• Upvote 2

Don't confuse the base with the city. Doha isn't terrible, while Clovis is. There is a TON of stuff to do in Doha and a lot of fun to be had there. The reason that undisclosed location sucks so bad is 100% the fault of the Americans and their asine policies. All indications point to that base not going anywhere... ever. I have heard MANY different senior leaders express the desire to make it "The Ramstein of the middle east". With that said, I think we need as many spouses there as possible, because as this thread highlights, the "normalcy" of having spouses there runs counter to the idiocy of that base, and may actually go a long way to get the place changed for the better.

My wife would skip the divorce option and go straight to murder if I moved her to a Muslim country where it is 110 in the shade for 6 months out of the year, no matter how many fancy malls and cultural centers they build.

• Upvote 1

I love how everyone just assumes that the entirety of the middle east is literally Afghanistan.

Please show me where anybody in this thread wrote anything even remotely similar to that. From what I can tell (except for the post AFTER yours) people on here have been making fun of having dependents at the mutha fuckin' 'Deid.

Please show me where anybody in this thread wrote anything even remotely similar to that. From what I can tell (except for the post AFTER yours) people on here have been making fun of having dependents at the mutha fuckin' 'Deid.

Oh ok, I guess your browser is broken or something and won't let you scroll up...

I wonder how many divorces this will create because of this locale. Hell I think Cannon just got upgraded from one of the worst locale's to not so bad anymore.

Please show me where anybody in this thread wrote anything even remotely similar to that. From what I can tell (except for the post AFTER yours) people on here have been making fun of having dependents at the mutha fuckin' 'Deid Undisclosed location in SW Asia.

OPSEC!

We must not have been to the same Doha. That place is an absolute shithole.

• Upvote 2

We must not have been to the same Doha. That place is an absolute shithole.

Disagree...Doha certainly isn't my first choice for cities (or weather for that matter) but shithole may be a little extreme. Anywhere with air conditioning and passable food and satellite TV and people driving Mercedes Benz SUVs does not qualify as a shithole in the grand scheme of the world. As an overseas PCS it's way behind Europe and Japan on my list but for a "deployed location" it's pretty freaking ok.

Edited by nsplayr