Overseas PCS Questions

GHOST_2012

Does anyone have any advice for a PCS to Europe as far as taking or not taking cars? I heard a rumor that some countries you can take full size vehicles, like trucks and such, and get a premium for them in sale/trade over there.

Also does anyone know about how much it cost to take more than the one "allowed" vehicle? I would like to have two vehicles to make it a bit easier for my wife and I to get around when and where we need to.

Thanks!

Edited by GHOST_2012

Does anyone have any advice for a PCS to Europe as far as taking or not taking cars? I heard a rumor that some countries you can take full size vehicles, like trucks and such, and get a premium for them in sale/trade over there.

Also does anyone know about how much it cost to take more than the one aloud vehicle? I would like to have two vehicles to make it a bit easier for my wife and I to get around when and where we need to.

Thanks!

OK, there's threads on taking vehicles to Germany and the UK, so unless you're going somewhere else I strongly suggest you find and read them. If you're going to either of the aforementioned countries, than you had better learn quickly how to or your experiences on this forum will get painful really quick.

But, since I'm in a generous mood this evening, you are "aloud" to ship a second POV to Europe on your own dime. I did so when we went to Belgium in 2002. It's not cheap, and you have to take into consideration that every major US base in Europe has a "lemon lot" where you're usually able to pick up a good deal on a second vehicle, many times a local specs one. So unless your second car is something you really can't live without, it might be cheaper to sell it and buy a second one over there.

Last recommendation, go look up the word "allowed" in a dictionary...

• Upvote 1

So unless your second car is something you really can't live without, it might be cheaper to sell it and buy a second one over there.

Or store it and buy one over there, which you will jettison when you leave. If your wife needs a nice car you can let her use yours and you drive the POS to work.

I would ship a minivan, I heard they rock.