New USAF Uniforms?

Papa Herk

There just no pleasing some people. I can't fucking believe how much dudes are whining about what some other dudes were wearing.

The right guy got sworn in today. This is a good thing. Keep a little perspective and stop looking for shit to whine about.

Edited by Danny Noonin
  • Upvote 7

Looks like Marine dress blues, except the enlisted ones. Just has the silver outline instead of red.

Sort of, except that the collar doesn't actually come together at the neck in those photos and it looks like it has an extremely awkward fit.

Edited by EMath24

My old first sergeant sums it up nicely:

"People will wonder where our instruments are."

We have a cereminial uniform:

image010.jpg

This uniform should be your service dress rather than ceremonial. It looks pretty nice.

It's essentially the USAFA cadet service dress.

IMO, the USAFA service dress looked better than what we have now.

That said, I don't really feel like paying 200 bucks for a new service dress. So, let's just let sleeping dogs lie on that one.

Are you kids done crying about uniforms? It's the CSAF change of command. Of course it's going to look different. Who cares?

No shit. I can imagine the CSAF overhearing this level of sport bitching and then trying to figure out what he should do first, slap the Chiefs or slap the mewling brats.

No shit. I can imagine the CSAF overhearing this level of sport bitching and then trying to figure out what he should do first, slap the Chiefs or slap the mewling brats.

Speaking of uniforms Rainman...how about those new Vikes unis? What is with the "collar"? They look pretty stupid and I wish they would go back to the old school unis. Sorry to get off track for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

2. I'd rather not spend money on a uniform I wear about once a year.

Yeah, it sucks, but its part of being in the military. My Dress Blues (with Sam Browne Belt, Sword, and associated attachments) costs in excess of $1,500. I've worn it for commissioning, for TBS graduation, for a buddy's wedding, and for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball each year. Worse, if you gain or lose more than 7 lbs you can count on looking like a bag of ass unless you get it tailored. Hell, I've only actually had to have the sword once, (for the wedding.) That thing alone was over $500.

-- ETA: Also wore it for funeral detail, Toys for Tots, and some other ceremony (forget what it was.)

Edited by EMath24