New USAF Uniforms?

Papa Herk

Here's another pic.

AIR_FORCE_WELSH_081012.JPG?404=a404&maxwidth=314&watermark=

:vomit:

Please tell me that Gen Welsh didn't wear that....

I hope to god, he didn't choose to wear that. My questions is where are the E-9s flipping sh*t over an unapproved uniform?

It's not that the uniform itself looks bad necessarily; it's that it would seem there are so many more important things to worry about ahead of this. I hear you get your choice of musical instrument issue as part of the package. Joking aside, nothing official has come down that we're switching to this, has it? Maybe they just wanted to change it up for the ceremony - who knows.

I doubt anyone was twisting the arm of the Supreme Air Force Commander to wear it. He wore it of his own free will.

At least he had the decency to dash any hopes of drastically improved leadership early on. Very early on.

Here we go again, leadership via uniform policy.

If this is from the swearing in, isn't Schwartz technically still the CSAF? Wouldn't he be the one who decides what the uniform of the day?

Dude, what the hell. Thats it I am going to work in Air Force scrubs. Do they have those? If they do I am going to be in them next week. Whatever, I do what I want.

I'll preface what I'm about to say by thanking the admins for the removal of the dislike button...

But I think whatever they are wearing is pretty cool and it would be nice to have a dress uniform that attracts women as opposed to them thinking we are wearing poorly fitted 50's bus driver uniforms.

-ducks-

edit: spelin' (see remainder of thread for indepth critique)

Edited by Catbox

I guess it's possible.

Gen Schwartz: "Hey Mark, we're gonna wear the USAF Band uniform for the change of command. That cool with you?"

Gen Welsh: "LOL. Good one."

Gen Schwartz: "...."

Gen Welsh: (YGBFKM)

I'd like to think that's how it went.

And Monday he'll (hopefully) say that was the last time anyone will EVER see that uniform worn..

To paraphrase the great Rodney Dangerfield:

Gen Welsh: Oh, this is the worst-looking uniform I ever saw. What, when you buy a uniform like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

[looks at Gen Schwartz, who's wearing the same uniform]

Gen Welsh Oh, it looks good on you though.

Edited by ExBoneOSO

I'll preface what I'm about to say by thanking the admins for the removal of the dislike button...

But I think whatever they are wearing is pretty cool and it would be nice to have a dress uniform that ATRACTS women as opposed to them thinking we are wearing poorly fitted 50's bus driver uniforms.

-ducks-

I ATTRACT the ladies without a uniform (used to, now i'm just married), in my head at least I did.

I say keep what we have, lets start building some kind of tradition. I think the dislike and WTF moment is because we have never seen this uniform in this sort of ceremony. I guess to someone it made sense, but it makes me wonder what these people thought we were going to think once we laid our eyes on this monstrosity.

How bout this, lets just be the AF and stop trying to be someone we aren't. That'll be a start.

• Upvote 1

But I think whatever they are wearing is pretty cool and it would be nice to have a dress uniform that ATRACTS women as opposed to them thinking we are wearing poorly fitted 50's bus driver uniforms.

-ducks-

I don't mind what we have too much as I've never known different. I just wish it was available from a real suit maker and in a good cut of wool (not polyester blend). That's one place I think the Navy really got it right.

The ACC Facebook page actually said it was only for CSAF and CMSAF, and only for ceremonial functions... isn't the point of a uniform for us all to look the same? It makes no sense to me to have a separate one for just two people.

Edit: spelling/grammar

Edited by bronxbomber252
  • Upvote 3