Velarde NM Manhunt

HU&W

Another one. I can't find any articles on the internets yet, but the local news just reported on another attempted shooting, this time in New Mexico. The news story said that the volunteer fire chief of Velarde, NM (40 miles N of Santa Fe) showed up to a meeting of firefighters today wearing body armor and carrying an assault rifle. They said he allegedly pulled out a pistol and pointed it at the group. They charged him and he ran away. Police are still trying to track him down, armed and dangerous. It sounds very much like a copycat of the Aurora shooting, but thankfully with a very different outcome.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/1805/3687980?title=broadcast_local_2

ETA: Link to video

Edited by HU&W

This shit really needs to stop. I'm sure this on top of the previous tragedies is going to gain a lot of support for the revised assault weapons ban.

Things aren't looking good. Not good at all.

Damn. The video said the guys were able to "talk him down" - I'll be curious to hear the final story on this. Hopefully he's caught before he does any damage and thank God this didn't go down.