Check ride buffoonery

fox two

So, b/c of money and time we should pass everybody? That sounds like a great idea!

Hell, why even have Phase 3? UPT should be shortened to 6 months and everybody should get their wings after T-6's. Imagine how much money and time will be saved with that concept!

If you're an IP, you should bring that up to your flight commander and run it up to have check section get their heads out of their collective asses. If you're a flight commander, have some balls.

If you're a student, suck it up and drive on. Don't give those check sections fags anything to hook you on. Not a damn thing you can do about it.

If there's really over a 50% hook rate, that's ridiculous.

Yeah, they did get T-1s after all.

Ouch. Didn't mean to offend with the UAV crack.

:jd:

But seriously though, it sounds like they're just preparing these dudes for the inevitable Q-3 from the boom operator when their Ipad isn't fully charged. Gotta toughen'em up before they get out there in the real world and all that.

This, unfortunately, is the sad state of affairs that is AMC. I sense Q-3s for all.

Hey, on the bright side, if you get assigned punishment such as briefing the squadron on how to properly ensure having a fully charged IPad at show time, at least you can swing a sweet OPR bullet out of it!

So you're saying it doesn't seem to be a problem with the IPs or the studs, studs are hooking for "minute" and "absurd" things, and the evaluators can't figure out what the problem is. How long has the trend been happening? Were there any big changes in check section or leadership that can be correlated to the timing of this trend? My bet is the problem is with both the instructors and the students. If it's "minute" and "absurd" but it's something someone can hook for, then it's probably not minute or absurd (in the context of AETC). Minute and absurd can describe at least 1/3 of what's considered important in UPT.

• Upvote 1

So you're saying it doesn't seem to be a problem with the IPs or the studs, studs are hooking for "minute" and "absurd" things, and the evaluators can't figure out what the problem is. How long has the trend been happening? Were there any big changes in check section or leadership that can be correlated to the timing of this trend? My bet is the problem is with both the instructors and the students. If it's "minute" and "absurd" but it's something someone can hook for, then it's probably not minute or absurd (in the context of AETC). Minute and absurd can describe at least 1/3 of what's considered important in UPT.

If it's "minute" and "absurd" but it's something someone can hook for, then it's probably not minute or absurd (in the context of AETC).

Best reason for a hook I've heard about this year was for a stud not writing his name correctly in his dash 1. Bam, 88 ride, $1600 of gas, and another jet/ip taken (and 88 pilots are flt/cc or higher).

Edited by fox two

Best reason for a hook I've heard about this year was for a stud not writing his name correctly in his dash 1. Bam, 88 ride, $1600 of gas, and another jet/ip taken (and 88 pilots are flt/cc or higher).

Doesn't pass the sanity check. Syllabus would call for a ground eval only. I take it you heard this from a friend of a friend that was in the other room.

A high failure rate is more of a reflection of how well the training program/instructors are. Checkrides should serve as validation that the training given is meeting it's objectives. Just the .02 cents of a former military aircrew instructor and airline check airman.

• Upvote 2

A high failure rate is more of a reflection of how well the training program/instructors are. Checkrides should serve as validation that the training given is meeting it's objectives. Just the .02 cents of a former military aircrew instructor and airline check airman.

Shack.