Civil Involvements

Hello guys,

I'm starting AFROTC in Sept as an AS250. I'm just wondering... I have 10 tickets total, but they weren't given to me in 10 different occasions. For example, once I got pulled over and received 3 tickets for; tinted windows, expired exceptions, wrong insurance card (did have insurance though). I also received 2 parking tickets, my car has been towed twice, and camera red light. Every time I went to court, everything got dismissed. I went to the DMV and nothing came up on my driving record. Could this potentially ruin the chances of getting a UPT slot? Do they look at these things?

You definitely need to report every single one of these tickets on day one if you haven't already. I'm not sure how such a large number will be received but make sure your det knows about them. I don't have experience with tickets and hopefully never will but If they were all dismissed then I wouldn't worry too much, just make sure your cadre know.

EDIT.. This subject or something similar has probably been discussed before, did you search before posting?

Edited by Justanothercadet

Check out airforceots.com. You'd have better luck taking these types of questions over there and posting more aviation-related question here on baseops.

Yeah, I don't think AirForceOTS would be the best place to take ROTC questions. Just a hunch.

Oh yea, and the Cadre is aware.

The end.

Do a good job and don't give them a reason to think about the tickets or anything else negative and you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I had eight "civil involvements" including an arrest. It delayed my scholarship a couple of months, and the tickets I got during college created some issues,... but ultimately, like Rainman said, I worked hard and tried to minimize the negatives.

I graduated ROTC in '09 and the only rules were that your civil involvements had to be reported before getting on scholarship. . If you got accepted into ROTC, then your prior stuff should be fine as long as you didn't/don't lie to them. Anything that happened while you were in ROTC was on a three strike policy. We had a guy get a pilot slot who was arrested twice in college. We had another guy go to ENJJPT who was arrested once and showed up to PT drunk another time. In my opinion, ROTC upt applications are all about two things: PCSM score and commander's ranking. Get your grades, do well and be active in ROTC, and you will open a lot of doors. That's the advice I would give myself if I could do it all over again.

Edited by Cgjohnst