Mass Shooting in Aurora Colorado

contraildash

This picture is very true. I can't believe the lawyers are already pushing the 'Insane" defense. I hope this guy survives long enough to go to prison. I am not exactly sure how much seamen a colon can hold before it explodes, but I am sure there are plenty of guys in prison who would be happy to help with this experiment.

post-4731-0-27761600-1343072693_thumb.jp

I am not exactly sure how much seamen a colon can hold before it explodes, but I am sure there are plenty of guys in prison who would be happy to help with this experiment.

Probably just one seaman. If even that many sailors... it'd probably explode when you got his torso in there.

• Upvote 2

This kid is no dummy. The beleaguered, exhausted, and dazed looks he had on his face in court today were, I guarantee you, purely for effect and designed to help plant the seeds of doubt that he's fit for trial and punishment. From the 30-second clip of him from court that's on repeat everywhere right now, his movements and expressions to me appear completely intentional and artificial. Worst part is, there are suckers out there who will buy into this and believe it and I wouldn't be surprised if the jury ends up being comprised of some of them.

Probably just one seaman. If even that many sailors... it'd probably explode when you got his torso in there.

LOL Stupid English language. Back to writing my TUI masters paper where errors like this don't matter because they don't read them.

This kid is no dummy. The beleaguered, exhausted, and dazed looks he had on his face in court today were, I guarantee you, purely for effect and designed to help plant the seeds of doubt that he's fit for trial and punishment. From the 30-second clip of him from court that's on repeat everywhere right now, his movements and expressions to me appear completely intentional and artificial. Worst part is, there are suckers out there who will buy into this and believe it and I wouldn't be surprised if the jury ends up being comprised of some of them.

Agree. Reminds me of the POWs during Vietnam who acted bizarre on camera to discredit the NVA attempts at propaganda.

He looks totally sane to me.

I totally agree with you that he is perfectly sane and fit to stand trial. I would be willing to guess that after years of being the "golden boy" that is smart as a whip, he was finally getting his $hit pushed in during med school and saw this as his way out.

Kudos to Mitt Romney for defending the Second Amendment through all this. I'm still not a big fan of the guy, but his recent comments have brought me closer into the fold...

A little food for thought...

Two Aurora Shootings: One Widely Known; the Other Ignored

On April 22 of this year a convicted felon, just out of jail, went to an Aurora, Colorado, church and shot and killed a member of the congregation before being killed himself by a congregant carrying a gun.

On July 20, following the horrific shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, President Obama offered his condolences to the victims of the more recent tragedy. “Our time here [on Earth] is limited and it is precious,” the president said. “And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it’s not the trivial things which so often consume us and our daily lives. It’s about how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.”

Obama then led his supporters at a rally in Fort Myers, Florida, in a moment of silent prayer “for all the victims of less publicized acts of violence that plague our communities every single day.”

No doubt the president was unaware of the other, less-publicized lethal shooting that took place earlier in the year in Aurora, when there was only one victim, thanks to the quick thinking and action of a responsibly armed individual. Aurora police spokesman Frank Fania asked rhetorically: “Who knows what would’ve happened if the [church member, an off-duty police officer] had not been there? It certainly could have been a lot worse.”

How much worse? Could the killing spree have been as bad as the shooting at the movie theater, where a dozen victims lost their lives? Thankfully, we’ll never know. (Read the full story at the title link)

I don't care if he thinks he's insane, or if a doctor thinks so, or if a court thinks so. I heard enough BS from the newsies yesterday regarding insanity that I wanted to punch them in the mouth, Beuford T Justice style. The diabolical evil mind will use everything it can think of just to see how far they can manipulate people/systems. If anyone argues that a sane person would never gun down people like this, they need to recage their idea of sanity.

So, I don't care if anyone thinks he's insane. When found guilty, he should stop wasting the good earths air. Put the dog down. It worked for McVeigh.

2nd, this is the exact counter argument to any gun contol nut.

A little food for thought...

Out

I don't care if he thinks he's insane, or if a doctor thinks so, or if a court thinks so. I heard enough BS from the newsies yesterday regarding insanity that I wanted to punch them in the mouth, Beuford T Justice style. The diabolical evil mind will use everything it can think of just to see how far they can manipulate people/systems. If anyone argues that a sane person would never gun down people like this, they need to recage their idea of sanity. So, I don't care if anyone thinks he's insane. When found guilty, he should stop wasting the good earths air. Put the dog down. It worked for McVeigh. 2nd, this is the exact counter argument to any gun contol nut.

For one, he hasn't played the insanity card yet; that's just media speculation at this point.

Secondly, McVeigh wanted to use a "necessary defense" at his trial, alleging that he was in "imminent danger" from the government. his lawyers refused. He still went the route that the US Governments actions at Waco (Branch Davidians) were illegal therefore the bombing of the Murrah building in Oklahoma city was "a justifiable response." We all know how that worked out for him.

So, how can you claim that there is no way that insanity can play into this Holmes' actions in Aurora? One could easily argue that a sane person would never do such a thing, so I see it as being totally plausible for that very reason.

You need to explain your comment that anyone that disagrees with that needs to "recage their idea of sanity" as I don't get your point. You're saying that a person who walks into a crowded movie theater and open fire on hundreds of innocent people is sane because forethought and planning where involved? That's a pretty warped sense of sanity in my opinion!

Still, it doesn't mean he gets to wander away scot-free; if Holmes' defense does successfully pursue the insanity angle than he still needs to be removed from society and be placed in restricted custody for the rest of his life.

Not saying that is the case just yet, but it is a possible course of action...

• Upvote 1

Oh Damn, how are gun control nuts going to spin this one?

-- The shooter had purchased an after-market high-capacity drum clip for the semi-automatic, the source said. Although it gave him the capacity to fire perhaps 100 rounds, it was of inferior quality and might be the reason the shooter's gun jammed. Authorities found live .223 ammunition on the theater floor, possibly resulting from him yanking off the drum to try to clear the jam, or possibly from a "catastrophic failure" of the drum's feed mechanism.

Looks like high capacity magazines save lives!

Edited by Butters

The issue in the crowd isn't about CCW, it's about someone deciding that the best chance for survival is forward, not towards the exits.

And then there's this guy who bolted out of the theater leaving his two kids and girlfreind behind. I'm trying hard not to judge but Sweet Feathery Jesus...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/21/jamie-rohrs-colorado-shooting_n_1691332.html