Mass Shooting in Aurora Colorado

contraildash

9 News in Denver is reporting 14 confirmed dead, 40+ wounded, suspected gunman in custody.

Witnesses stated that he kicked in the emergency exit to a theater, threw a flash-bang/something explosive, and then opened fire.

Live news streaming here

What does it say about our society when our children can't safely go to a theater at midnight to see nearly 3 hours of aggrandized violence depicting a mass murderer indiscriminately killing innocents without them getting killed by a .....

nevermind.

Yeah, and by "children" we are talking about a three year-old and a six year-old.

I am holding off on my Obama comment for now (remember Fort Hood), just praying for the families...

FM

absolutely unbelievable...haven't concealed carried in a while, but thats going to change.

Applied for CCW permit weeks ago still awaiting for the damn thing to show up in the mail. Will pack once it shows. (All STS's as req'd)

absolutely unbelievable...haven't concealed carried in a while, but thats going to change.

Unfortunately, I think that's going to be more difficult as a result of this shooting - at least at public places like this. People tend to pawn off their security on others even after failures like this.

Unfortunately, I think that's going to be more difficult as a result of this shooting - at least at public places like this. People tend to pawn off their security on others even after failures like this.

Too true...something like this is perfect proof why law-abiding citizens should have CCW. But of course the left-wingers will just cry for more gun control because they're too stupid and blind to see gun control only hurts law-abiding citizens, not assholes like this who are going to commit these crimes regardless of how many laws are made.

Thoughts and prayers with those affected last night. I can't imagine how terrible it must be for the families involved.

• Upvote 1

The issue in the crowd isn't about CCW, it's about someone deciding that the best chance for survival is forward, not towards the exits.

I agree in principle, but you have to admit that for your average non-Chuck Norris person, an AR-15 >= Bare Hands in most cases, especially against a prepared opponent.

The guy had on Kevlar and had an AR-15. I realize Kevlar doesn't make you invincible but I'm not sure how much someone CC a 9 mil could have actually helped

That and it is hard to get a clean shot off when you are choking on tear gas and the theater is dark and hysterical.

The guy had on Kevlar and had an AR-15. I realize Kevlar doesn't make you invincible but I'm not sure how much someone CC a 9 mil could have actually helped

Head shot--not saying that someone would have been able/had an opportunity to take the shot, but you never know. Also, when you shoot someone with armor plates, the bullets don't just 'bounce off'...it changes the dynamics of the shooter and the situation.

• Upvote 1

Head shot--not saying that someone would have been able/had an opportunity to take the shot, but you never know. Also, when you shoot someone with armor plates, the bullets don't just 'bounce off'...it changes the dynamics of the shooter and the situation.

Reference above post. In the chaos and tear gas and dark theater it's hard to believe someone could have got a finishing shot on the guy in the head. We'll obviously never know but I feel like most likely if the guy takes a round in his Kevlar he'll just specifically target the guy who shot him. I'm 100% in support of gun rights and CC but I just don't know if it would have helped in this situation.

• Upvote 1

2 on this, but I would also venture to guess that when shots started ringing out that weren't coming from his gun, he'd probably sh*t his pants (reference the "everyone's a hero, till bullets fly" comment above, minus the hero part for this bastard). Also it obviously wasn't a suicide mission either, not that it really matters during the event, but still as a friend eloquently put it "what this freak needed is for someone to rain a hellstorm of hate and discontent right back at him as soon as he opened up", would definitely have shifted the dynamics of him freely shooting at will.

(reference the "everyone's a hero, till bullets fly" comment above, minus the hero part for this bastard).

Yeah, like this guy. http://news.yahoo.co...topstories.html

Sat (or dropped, can't remember) his 4 month old down, left his fiancee and older daughter in the movie theater, got in the car, and left...until the fiancee called and told him to come back and pick them up. Can't even begin to imagine how that conversation went.

Edited by RangerMateo