Gliders to Planes?

Hi, I'm currently a sophomore at USAFA who just completed Basic Soaring.

I am horrible at flying gliders, after 9 sorties I can not get takeoff, aerotow, or landing without the IP taking it. All of these were graded as hooks. On sorties 7 and 8, I flew with the cadet soaring commander who said my problem was being passive aggressive and letting the glider fly me. My application to be a soaring IP is very good; it's just flying ability which may hold me back.

Does this information show that I don't have what it takes to be a pilot of a powered plane?

Edited by Thunder 15

Your ability or inability to fly gliders means very little. I've seen glider IPs do very well at UPT and I've seen them do mediocre. There are similarities, but they're limited.

I wouldn't hire you to be a soaring IP with that resume, but I also wouldn't necessarily turn you down for UPT 3 years from now based solely on 10 flights in a glider. Go pay for a few hours at the aeroclub (if they still have it) or downtown. See how you do there. Maybe you won't even like it - better to find out now than after your dollar ride.

Edited by nunya