A Toast in Remembrance of the Fallen...

M2

This is more than a shame. This is an outrage. The same as the Aussie kid shot for no reason. If there was a time for people to be up in arms and hopping mad these are the acts that should drive such a public outcry. Killed for no other reason than existing while some one else was "bored". But there will not be such an outcry, there will be no protests, no calls for action (rational or irrational), no statements of kinship from the Administration. Its not about the crime, the motive, or the effects, its about who commits it and whether that story will sell.

This is more than a shame. This is an outrage. The same as the Aussie kid shot for no reason. If there was a time for people to be up in arms and hopping mad these are the acts that should drive such a public outcry. Killed for no other reason than existing while some one else was "bored". But there will not be such an outcry, there will be no protests, no calls for action (rational or irrational), no statements of kinship from the Administration. Its not about the crime, the motive, or the effects, its about who commits it and whether that story will sell.

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists have called on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman. I assume that the three guys in Oklahoma will have the same folks or other activist leading the effort to have the same type charges filled against them for violating the Australian guys civil rights.

The NAACP, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists have called on the U.S. Department of Justice and Attorney Gen. Eric Holder to press federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman. I assume that the three guys in Oklahoma will have the same folks or other activist leading the effort to have the same type charges filled against them for violating the Australian guys civil rights.

Think that's bad? They want hate crime charges against a rodeo clown who wore an Obama mask. The UCMJ prevents me from expressing my opinion of his political statement, but the guy harmed nobody, but the professional race baiters want a crime to be invented, yet remain silent when people are murdered for no reason simply because it doesn't fit their narrative.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already...

Tom Clancy, Best-Selling Novelist of Military Thrillers, Dies at 66

10-27-Tom-Clancy-slide-D2LZ-articleInline.jpg

Tom Clancy, whose complex, adrenaline-fueled military novels spawned a new genre of thrillers and made him one of the world’s best-selling and best-known authors, died on Tuesday in a hospital in Baltimore. He was 66.

I'm sure most of us have read several of his novels, he well defined life during the Cold War...

RIP.

Cheers! M2

"The U.S. Military is us. There is no truer representation of a country than the people that it sends into the field to fight for it."

Always liked that quote...

I can remember back in the Spring of 1990 at Aviano Air Base in Italy, sitting in my shelter wearing full chem gear, mask and helmet during an exercise simulating a Soviet attack in Europe, while reading "Red Storm Rising".

In a lot of ways his fiction was probably more accurate than our simulation. Rest in Peace, Tom.

I remember as a young SSgt back in the 89th he came out to look at my C-137B with the Wing CC to ask questions about the jet for research for his next book 'Cardinal of the Kremlin". My mx crew and Tom had long visit, with Tom doing most of the questioning just sucking up everything we told him. I claim that as one of the highlights of my career, most of the info we told him made it into the book, in the book he embellished though by saying the Crew Chief "me" was a SMSGT that could teach manners to a linebacker. I liked the way he wrote that though.

• Upvote 1