A Toast in Remembrance of the Fallen...

M2

I was surprised during my USAFE tour that the French and Belgians still care as much as they do. Maybe not the Paris-types, but all the little towns were very reverent to their local monuments and cemetaries. Very humbling.

I was surprised during my USAFE tour that the French and Belgians still care as much as they do. Maybe not the Paris-types, but all the little towns were very reverent to their local monuments and cemetaries. Very humbling.

On the same trip to Normandy they met some residents of Sainte-Mere-Eglise and the locals were surprised that John Steele (the American Paratrooper that landed on the church steeple) was not a household name in the U.S. I admit I didn't remember his name either until they told me. They French locals in Normandy sure remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Airwolf was a supersonic stealth attack helicopter flown out of a secret base inside a mountain and you think the best part was the hair? For shame.

I know, I don't think many people realize the engineering that went into designing a twin blade rotor capable of supersonic flight.

From wiki:

The flying Airwolf helicopter was actually a Bell 222, serial number 47085, sometimes unofficially called a Bell 222A.[2] During filming of the series, the helicopter was owned by Jetcopters, Inc. of Van Nuys, California.[3] The helicopter was eventually sold after the show ended and became an ambulance helicopter in Germany, where it crashed in a thunderstorm and was destroyed on June 6, 1992, killing all three crew members.[4]

I stand by my hair claim. I mean.. just look at it :notworthy: :

jmv_-_2_cr1o.jpg

While he played the Skipper on the 1960's TV show "McHale's Navy" in real life Gunner's Mate 1st Class Ernest Borgnine was a US Navy WWII Veteran serving from 1935-1945, during the war years aboard USS Lamberton (DD-119). Lamberton served in the Aleutian Campaign and then largely off of the West Coast. He spent a lot of time doing work with Veterans and was also the first person (and one of only roughly 70) to be named as an Honorary Blue Angel.

423px-Ernest-Borgnine_2004.JPEG