Drone Pilots: We Don’t Get No Respect

The RPA out of UPT guys found out that their "hours" didn't count for anything when they got paroled to an MDS. So they'll be meeting their Maj boards as copilots, maybe AC's.

This was totally expected, and I'm fine with it and glad to be back flying. I'm surprised anyone thought otherwise regarding the hours.

And I bet most of the other MDS guys won't have 3000 hours in RPAs and probably 20 or 30 kinetic strikes on their PRF. The boards aren't so stupid that they would look at only the last one or two OPRs and go "huh, this guy must be a total piece of shit he's only a co piglet. Pass him over."

Weird, every community has people who are happy and people who are miserable. It's almost like pilots enjoy sport bitching...almost.

So you're saying that going to Altus while still having Honolulu, Seattle, Charleston, Anchorage, (or Mildenhall, Scott, Wichita, Spokane, etc) on the horizon is comparable to hoping you can leave for Clovis, NM, Whiteman, MO, or Creech?

Nobody lives at Creech.. everyone lives in Vegas. If you ignore the drone mission I think most people would think it's a choice assignment unless they hate sunny skies and dry heat. Creech has a ton of RPA units while all the other locations have what 1 sq per MDS? Odds are people would do prisoner exchanges between Vegas and the other bases IF they stay in. Do people really hate living in Vegas that much?

Do people really hate living in Vegas that much?

I do. I have very little desire to spend my money down on Freemont or the Strip. The schools are terrible, and we have to live 35 minutes from all of the services at Nellis in order to be 40 minutes from Creech. I hope to move somewhere that we don't have to homeschool our kids for our next assignment.

Do people really hate living in Vegas that much?

I didn't mind it but my wife hated it. Even with her education it was hard for her to find a professional job. And when she did find one the pay was significantly below the national average for her position. Combine that with the crime rate, drunk tourist on the strip, and the traffic she was very happy when we moved.

1. UAVs suck, but your life is stable.

2. If "the schools suck," sell your boat/motorcycle/other toy and do private school.

3. Vegas isn't bad, the commute sucks, but theres no traffic on the way to work.

4. Keep flying at KVGT to stay current.

5. Get out of the Air Force when able.

6. FAIP hours don't count? You sound like a tool.

Peace

All locations have shit that people complain about. Charleston has bad traffic and is too humid, it's always raining in Seattle and You never see the sun, England and Alaska are fucking too cold, blah blah blah.. Hell Honolulu has some of the worst schools in the nation/insane traffic and people complain about island fever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

All locations have shit that people complain about. Charleston has bad traffic and is too humid, it's always raining in Seattle and You never see the sun, England and Alaska are fucking too cold, blah blah blah.. Hell Honolulu has some of the worst schools in the nation/insane traffic and people complain about island fever

I think the majority of the complaints originate from the spouse, particularly the ones who haven't made friends at the husband's new duty station. A wife who spends most of the day alone/with kids while the husband is gone will start hating life no matter the location. That's why the spouses' club is so important for the health of a squadron.

I do. I have very little desire to spend my money down on Freemont or the Strip. The schools are terrible, and we have to live 35 minutes from all of the services at Nellis in order to be 40 minutes from Creech. I hope to move somewhere that we don't have to homeschool our kids for our next assignment.

post-14376-141065434684_thumb.jpg
  • Downvote 1

You can shop at walmart or any of the 10 malls too...

Change your dependent's PCM to an off base provider for free because of the driving distance.

Shop and sams or costco to save money. Commissary isn't cheap when factor in no tax on food off base, tipping the baggers and the surcharge. BX is a rip. Creech has a clinic for your regular medical/dental needs. Creech has a MPF. What are you driving to Nellis for? To eat at the club?

Sounds like Holloman/Cannon would be a perfect assignment for you.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the life tips. The dude asked if people hated living in Vegas so much, and I gave my opinion. Yes, I probably had a little too much Crown before I posted that, but f*ck it. I tried to vote twice with my feet and was shot down both times. Our little corner in NW Vegas isn't terrible, but the whole situation with having Creech out in the middle of BFE sucks for everyone. Believe me, the PCM being off base is not the solution to everything. Most times when you receive referrals, they send you to the Nellis hospital for treatment. You all can suck it. :violent-smiley-017:

Edited by MooseAg03
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the life tips. The dude asked if people hated living in Vegas so much, and I gave my opinion. Yes, I probably had a little too much Crown before I posted that, but f*ck it. I tried to vote twice with my feet and was shot down both times. Our little corner in NW Vegas isn't terrible, but the whole situation with having Creech out in the middle of BFE sucks for everyone. Believe me, the PCM being off base is not the solution to everything. Most times when you receive referrals, they send you to the Nellis hospital for treatment. You all can suck it. :violent-smiley-017:

If you were flying a C-17 out of Creech how bad would it be to live in Vegas?

So you can spend more money on booze. Apparently they do have good schools.

http://www.greatschools.org/nevada/las-vegas/schools/

The ratings aren't everything, ours is a 9/10 and it was awful. Plus you don't have the freedom to just put your kids in any public school, it's all based on zoning. They make it stupid easy to disenroll them for homeschooling though. Vegas is a perfect argument for school vouchers.