Depth Perception DQ and Waiver info

pilot4

If anyone can help this guy out he is 100% deserving. We've tried multiple different routes to try and get a re-test and have gotten no where. He has now passed the DP test at his home unit and at others and yet for some reason they will not get back to @Notamig for a re-test at Wright-Pat.  

Can anyone shed light on what would happen if he just showed up to optometry at WP and sat in the waiting room until a doc was available? I debated doing this myself, but I was offered a re-test and didn't need to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone, in need of some advice. Failed the depth-perception test and battery of other tests at Wright-Patt during my IFC and was not recommended for a waiver.

My reserve POC is trying to retest my eyes at a local reserve med group. Should I be successful at the test, is there a process of overturning the results at Wright-Patt? Also looking to submit an ETP through AFROTC/reserves (although highly unlikely to be approved).

In need of some advice, trying my best to try and get an official retest at a med group. Paging  @mightymighty or anyone else who's been through the process.

Hey everyone, in need of some advice. Failed the depth-perception test and battery of other tests at Wright-Patt during my IFC and was not recommended for a waiver.
My reserve POC is trying to retest my eyes at a local reserve med group. Should I be successful at the test, is there a process of overturning the results at Wright-Patt? Also looking to submit an ETP through AFROTC/reserves (although highly unlikely to be approved).
In need of some advice, trying my best to try and get an official retest at a med group. Paging  [mention=80499]mightymighty[/mention] or anyone else who's been through the process.

Sent you a DM

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, SubsidedRhyme11 said:

In need of some advice, trying my best to try and get an official retest at a med group. Paging  @mightymighty or anyone else who's been through the process.

As a follow up to my post in case anyone’s in a similar situation:

Retook the depth-perception test at my Reserve unit’s Med Group and passed through F uncorrected. Received paperwork from a flight doc showing I passed.

Hoping to overturn the FC3 results or get back out to Wright-Patt on orders, still TBD.

Wiling to put in the work for this one and would appreciate any suggestions!

• 9 months later...

Looking for a definitive answer as to what line is actually a PASS for pilots.  I've read pilots have to get D, E, or F and I've also read here more recently that the standard pass line is B.  Is B just a pass for MEPS entries and pilots have to score higher?  Headed to FC1 next week and just trying to manage my expectations.

2 hours ago, twoTangoKilo said:

Looking for a definitive answer as to what line is actually a PASS for pilots.  I've read pilots have to get D, E, or F and I've also read here more recently that the standard pass line is B.  Is B just a pass for MEPS entries and pilots have to score higher?  Headed to FC1 next week and just trying to manage my expectations.

You must correctly identify line B.  Three correct answers.  Line A is there for practice only.

Just now, stuckindayton said:

You must correctly identify line B.  Three correct answers.  Line A is there for practice only.

Wow that's it??  I was thinking that was maybe standard for enlisted aircrew or something, then D, E, F were scores for certain category of aircraft pilots.  Thanks for the quick response!

7 minutes ago, twoTangoKilo said:

Wow that's it??  I was thinking that was maybe standard for enlisted aircrew or something, then D, E, F were scores for certain category of aircraft pilots.  Thanks for the quick response!

Yep that's it.  Air Force changed the standard from 25 arc sec (line D) to 40 arc sec (line B) about five years ago.  

• Like 1