Need Some Help Here...

Stitch

OK… so after my USAF retirement I really missed being around airplanes; and I was MX, not even a pilot, so I joined the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA, the guys who host OSH each year) local chapter. No, it’s not even close to being the same thing, but an airplane an airplane so it’ll do. It just so happens that we are remodeling an old avionics repair shop in the small hangar where the chapter is located into a… err… um… “pilot’s lounge”. While 95% of the members are civilian pilots we do have a lot of vets and this room will be very similar to those “heritage rooms” seen in many USAF flying squadrons but with a more civilian/general aviation slant. The problem is we need a name and some pretty lame ideas have been thrown out with the only somewhat clever one being the “IMC Lounge” (remember we’re talking about mostly older day VFR guys here) .

Mostly everyone here is pretty smart so I know you guys can throw a bone (STS) and help me out.

Ideas anyone?

On a cool note, in early June we are hosting a 3 day visit from a B-17. Ground tours and rides available! And yes, I’m shelling out the elephant dollars for a once in a lifetime chance to fly in a B-17.

I have flown in their B-17 and it was amazing. It's also much smaller inside than a lot of people expect. My bedroom closet is bigger than the entire bomb bay! Sitting in the bombarier's seat cruising along at 130 knots and 2500 feet is cool. Bring a camera!!

FOG bar, (freaking old guy), or insert curse word. And where is this taking place?

Pacific Northwest

I like it

I don't think I can top "Class G", but here goes:

Mile High Club(too cliche?)

Bucking Headwinds

Turnin' Final

Last Ditch

Like all of em' but 'Turnin' Final' is pretty good. Kinda double meaning; aviation and hang out for old guys who won't be flying much longer for lots of reasons. But so far "Tthe Class G Lounge" is pretty strong.

Like all of em' but 'Turnin' Final' is pretty good. Kinda double meaning; aviation and hang out for old guys who won't be flying much longer for lots of reasons. But so far "Tthe Class G Lounge" is pretty strong.

The Final Turn

One's In Hot

I offer the following:

Pretty Good

The Glass Cockpit

Ground Effect

The Sideslip Tap

Zero AGL

The Slant Range

Hypoxia Simulator

All weather fly in

Warning Horn

Buzzer and Chaff

Tactical Approach

Aux Fuel Station

Line Abreast (highly dependent upon the shape of the bar, but makes sense if everyone is sitting down at a straight bar on the bar stools)

Tumbleweed (Brevity Term that is HIGHLY applicable in a bar...)

Not so good, but potential for improvement

Throttle Back

Accelerated Stall

Adverse Yaw

Off the apron

Deadstick

MilliBar

Turn & Bank

OK… so after my USAF retirement I really missed being around airplanes; and I was MX, not even a pilot, so I joined the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA, the guys who host OSH each year) local chapter. No, it’s not even close to being the same

On a cool note, in early June we are hosting a 3 day visit from a B-17. Ground tours and rides available! And yes, I’m shelling out the elephant dollars for a once in a lifetime chance to fly in a B-17.

Where is it going to be? I'd LOVE a ride!

Its prop guys so how about

Carb (carburetor) Ice Bucket

or

Mixture Rich Lounge

Edited by SuperWSO

Old avionics repair shop = The Radio Shack, Unusual Attitude (s), The Beacon

Gotta go with the multiple. Aviators and alcohol lead to unusual attitudes in every sense of the term.

• Upvote 1