Bagram before the war

Now THIS is the type of thread that keeps me coming back to the forum... Beats the shit out of the political pissing match of the week and the latest "why the AF failed me" whine fest... Please keep it up Gents... By the way, if you haven't already, I hope you get some of these memories in writing before they get too fuzzy...

• 6 months later...

Not sure what Bagram looked like before the war. But I'd be remiss to a lot of good men if I didn't point out that there was a time that they were working out of Bagram before the first C-17 or A-10 landed. Bagram was a challenge for a number of reasons during this period. But they got it under control. And then came the C-17s, and A-10s, and the chiefs...

Because he is a Hog driver? Pleeeeese.....

Just like Welsh is gonna deliver us to the promise land.

Trust me, I honestly hope I can eat my words in a few months/years, etc.

No. Because both of the guys in that photo are full up and totally mission focused. They are not shoe clerks and they are not afraid to say what needs to be said.

Like I said, all hope is lost if it doesn't work with those two.

Not sure what Bagram looked like before the war. But I'd be remiss to a lot of good men if I didn't point out that there was a time that they were working out of Bagram before the first C-17 or A-10 landed. Bagram was a challenge for a number of reasons during this period. But they got it under control. And then came the C-17s, and A-10s, and the chiefs...

Were you there then? If so we probably know one another because there were not too many USAF folks around at that time...and many of them were ARC people.

No. Because both of the guys in that photo are full up and totally mission focused. They are not shoe clerks and they are not afraid to say what needs to be said.

Well, once they say the "wrong" thing, they will be ousted, or, like all "good leaders before them", will perform a conformity check and become the "yes" men you claim they won't become. Only time will tell.

Agree with the "all hope is lost"...

Were you there then? If so we probably know one another because there were not too many USAF folks around at that time...and many of them were ARC people.

We might know each other, but not from Bagram. I was gone before the first A-10 landed there. I was there when the first C-17 landed, it had a VIP on it, and they landed during daylight hours. Although there were far more violent objectives during that period from late Sep to mid Dec, Bagram was one of the roughest to stomach early on. Everything that happened there the first few days just stayed that way for a few weeks. That was not a good experience for the senses.

Edited by sweet I'm SOF

We might know each other, but not from Bagram. I was gone before the first A-10 landed there. I was there when the first C-17 landed, it had a VIP on it, and they landed during daylight hours. Although there were far more violent objectives during that period from late Sep to mid Dec, Bagram was one of the roughest to stomach early on. Everything that happened there the first few days just stayed that way for a few weeks. That was not a good experience for the senses.

Are you typing drunk or something? Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

FWIW, I was also there during the shit burning pre A-10 days and we had plenty of VIPs show up for a stay at our little bed and breakfast house of horrors. Best I can decipher we probably had overlap.