Chris Christie lowers NJ flags to half-staff for Whitney

Toro

Seriously? I know it ended badly, but she sang THE BEST NATIONAL ANTHEM OF ALL TIME*. This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmdu_I_0zI. There is no amount of crack rock induced drowning that can make that go away.

* The only thing that even comes close is the tape they used to play in Army Theaters before the movie back in the 80s where the video had the tank crashing through the mud. If you're an Army Brat of my generation you know what I'm talking about. America, ###### Yeah.

• Upvote 1

Beat me to it Toro.. What a ######ing joke

Thank God he stayed out of the Republican race.

Edited by Grind

Sad, but not really suprising. In today's day, it doesn't seem like any politician has any shame if there's some political gain involved. There's a flag in a compound in Bagram that isn't at half staff right now (hopefully) and thats the one I'm really concerned about, cause that means that none of the guys I support are going home in a box today.

I know. He had to die for his country for that honor. All Whitney Houston had to do is take a lot of drugs and decide to take a bath instead of a shower.

To be clear, the flag will be flown at half staff for him as well:

http://www.nj.com/be...orth_arlin.html

Undoubtedly as an afterthought by Crisco Christie

"

Gov. Chris Christie issued an executive order Thursday afternoon calling for state flags to be flown at half-staff on Feb. 21 in honor of Lance Cpl. Osbrany Montes De Oca."

That's great and all, but I was under the impression that only the President could order the US Flag to be flown at half mast... Am I wrong?

Undoubtedly as an afterthought by Crisco Christie

If you had bothered to read the article before offering your opinion on it:

He said Wednesday that every fallen soldier from the state of New Jersey has received the honor during his administration.
  • Upvote 1

It is pretty standard for every state....That doesn't mean a crackhead deserves the same honor. It distracts from the times when people should take notice to our flag being at half staff.

ETA: My signed Whitney Houston bath mats have never been more valuable. You will be seeing them on Ebay shortly.

Edited by one

That's great and all, but I was under the impression that only the President could order the US Flag to be flown at half mast... Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

• 1 year later...