1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

I've never respected commanders who made "it" about themselves (like radical uniform changes, excessIve AFN commercials, etc.). The ones I respected cared about the mission and looked after those doing it. The focus was never on them unless they were out front leading the mission. I've never met McChing or whatever she is called, but it seems to me that with her law suit and other things attributed to her, she put herself above mission accomplishment and those doing it. I could not support any political candidate with that history, regardless of political affiliation.

• Upvote 1

Maybe because it is offensive to women and to American citizens who are asked by their government to defend a totalitarian theocratic monarchy? As for respect for their culture, I have been coming to the Middle East since 1990, there is very little that I respect about their "culture". It appears that you have swallowed the big-blue kool aid in regards to appeasement of 13th century tribesmen. Do you really want to go in this direction? Just asking...

An add...they already know that we are Westerners and/or Americans. An abaya does not conceal that. Neither does wearing a polo shirt and Dockers, we are still targets. Would you suggest "out of respect for their culture" that we prostrate ourselves 5 times a day towards Mecca while in their country? Their official religion requires this, all other religions are forbidden. How about killing atheists in our ranks who are deployed to their country? After all, their law requrires death for atheists and apostates.

Oh, I see, we only have to hide who we are when we are off the installation. Got news for you...they know who and what we are. The best thing that ever happened was when we left PSAB. Too bad we are still here in the Middle East but that is what a lack of political leadership and political will gets you, not to mention failed military strategy.

So the government took up McLady's case because there is nothing to respect about their culture? Your post did not answer my questions. I come from a part of the world that is 8th century nomads, so I do not think it is that hard to assimilate to what is deemed a primitive culture. Especially if doing so makes me less of a target to radicals. I want to know what merit the Pentagon saw in this case and why they would allow people to circumnavigate local laws.

So the government took up McLady's case because there is nothing to respect about their culture? Your post did not answer my questions. I come from a part of the world that is 8th century nomads, so I do not think it is that hard to assimilate to what is deemed a primitive culture. Especially if doing so makes me less of a target to radicals. I want to know what merit the Pentagon saw in this case and why they would allow people to circumnavigate local laws.

Post-Desert Storm during the years of watching Saddam, the official policy was women had to wear the headdress when off-base. Just like the reflective belt buffoonery of today, Big Blue couldn't have gone more overboard with the Muslim fashion statement.

This "lady," rightly in my opinion, objected to having to wear the symbol of a religion not her own. How she fought the policy was very public and very "all about me" however.

Add in ol' Bill Clintion and a DoD administration trying to recover from the "betrayal" of doing (sts) "don't ask, don't tell" instead of repealing no gays in the military, and especially the Hon. Sheila Widnall (sound of spitting here), SECAF, who became McWhatever's top cover when she, McWhatever, became fairly insubordinate when not gettting her way immediately, and the taste left behind was not pleasant.

McChing won the headdress fight, however. But it was all about her, not Big Blue's buffoonery. She continued that attitude after gaining her noteriety. I never knew about the behind the scenes skullduggery regarding her squadron command.

But am not surprised.

It is not my place to comment on her piloting or combat time. That should come out if she's using it as a qualification for office, however.

But her officership was very self-centered.

She'd be perfect in Congress.

But I bet she gets whooped badlyin the election by the former ground combat candidates who won't get the publicity because they don't have a whagina.

Then why don't you educate the great unwashed, since I obviously don't have the benefit of your superior intellect and access to information?

Sorry Chief, I can't help you there. Some things only God can give you.

As for the originall topic, my apologies for getting off topic. I was reponding to a post and gave my opinion, do I have your permission for that?

No. You do not.

She was pissed because the Kuwaitis complained when she ran the perimeter road at Al Jaber in shorts and a sports bra and asked if she could please wear a shirt. The funny thing is, if she had just worn a normal shirt and shorts they would never have known she was a woman since she has the body of a 12 year old boy.

She blew that up into the fact she couldn't drive off base and the stupid abaya bullshit. There was nothing to see or do off base anyway. I remember hearing from some of the bros that she was getting all worked up and we all were laughing our asses off. That's when one of the guys in the squadron brought up the story about her strident words about drinking beer and that she was a dangerous and on a mission about self promotion.

All this while she was claiming to be a combat hero because she was the first woman to be flying "combat" sorties...even though no one was being shot at or shooting. This was after Vigilant Warrior when DM was relieving the 75th after we had moved up from Dhahran and opened Al Jaber...which had been a dump target during ODS. No one was shooting at anything but some people were logging O-1 time because they were technically allowed to do so (while many of us refused and logged O-2 instead).

I also recall there was a big donnybrook about where she was going to stay since all we had was a bunch of one room trailers and no shitters or showers for women. Total PITA squeaky wheel bullshit.

Again, you're an airman not a tourist. Focus.

I don't have to say anything about her, any of you who don't already know her just have to look at and listen to her.

She said she wants to kick Rick Santorum in the jimmy. She thinks that's appropriate language for someone who will make important decisions for her constituents. Are you kidding me?

How do you think people would react if Santorum responded by saying he wanted to kick her in the whatever she has for genitals?

She is an embarrassment and brings shame on the military.

Wow. Just ######ing wow.

SC

Again, you're an airman not a tourist. Focus.

Rainman, I applaud your trepidation to post any stories you may have on this person for the following reasons.

1. If she wins, this post could be used to screw anyone over who said anything bad about her.

2. People that know and remember her will tell the stories themselves.

I've never understood any gender/race/religion discussions in the media, or that the USAF condones (i.e. all female aircrew, first female African American...you get the idea). I just wish it was listed that Capt XXXX accomplished XXX with a picture of the individual involved.

• Upvote 1

Rainman, I applaud your trepidation to post any stories you may have on this person for the following reasons.

1. If she wins, this post could be used to screw anyone over who said anything bad about her.

2. People that know and remember her will tell the stories themselves.

I've never understood any gender/race/religion discussions in the media, or that the USAF condones (i.e. all female aircrew, first female African American...you get the idea). I just wish it was listed that Capt XXXX accomplished XXX with a picture of the individual involved.

'Scuse me, but ?Que?

How is your #1 possible and doesn't it conflict with your #2 (sts)?

And how is it any different for anyone else to tell some embarassing stories on her, but applaud discretion for only one?

I'm not advocating anyone write something they don't want, but your post seems illogical.

SpockNotLogical.jpg

Most find it hard to find time for their nightly salsa dancing lessons between the CGOC bowling excursions and mosque tours downtown.

If you're able to take a 'mosque tour' downtown, then you're not in a true 'deployed' environment IMO. The Died = TDY that is not that great.

Back on topic...

Rainman, in all honesty, here's my question for you:

If you feel this strongly against this candidate and believe there needs to be some truths told about her military service and how it relates to her values, character, etc in terms of how she will be as a Congresswoman, then do you plan on sharing this information with the media and/or other campaigns running against her?

You're no longer in the military, so as a private citizen you have this right. I would also argue that if you feel this strongly about this issue then you have the obligation to yourself to make the truth known--again, not to smear her, but to let the truth out because you believe it shows how she will act as a Congresswoman.

Just curious and wanting to know your what your end game plan is on this one.

Let's see...

- Rainman doesn't talk to the media

- Rainman does not live in AZ, and has no vested interest.

- Rainman is smart enough to be careful about saying something on an internet forum and increasing the risk for a lawsuit.

"Well, I think that covers the flybys..."

Questions?

• Upvote 1

Let's see...

- Rainman doesn't talk to the media

Fair enough--but there are ways to get your story out without getting too (if at all) involved with the media. Also, there are ways to remain anonymous.

- Rainman does not live in AZ, and has no vested interest.

I would argue, based off his posts in this thread, that he does have a vested interest. As for not living in Arizona, a U.S. Representative these days do a lot more than just 'represent' their district (and most don't even do that well). I would agree with your statement if she was only running for state office, but federal office unfortunately affects us all.

- Rainman is smart enough to be careful about saying something on an internet forum and increasing the risk for a lawsuit.

I'm not talking about saying stuff on an internet forum. I'm talking about saying something in a public forum, or at least disclosing it in such a way that it gets out in a public arena (not baseops).

Rainman has my upmost respect, but I think it's a fair question--if he believes the issue to be this big of a deal (not out of smite, but for the benefit of the country and the district's constituents), will he then do something about it? If someone (regardless of political party) is running on a military record, and that record has been misconstrued to say the least, wouldn't people want the record set straight? Plus if he personally believes this person would be harmful to the office and knows things that hasn't been vetted, how then does the information get out?

Many on here often tell us to write our Congressman when something isn't right, or to "change things" when we become part of the upper level leadership, etc...but what about this issue? Rainman is retired/a civilian and doesn't have to worry about disciplinary actions from the UCMJ like us active folks do--just curious if he'll take any sort of action, that's all.

...and if it's just about bitching and venting on baseops, that's cool--God knows I do more than my fair share.

Agreed, with all the posts in between my last one and this current one. Brick...I meant to say that she might sue for libel/slander (whichever applies here) since she might know who he is.

However, the UCMJ does apply to retirees.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2006/04/could_rumsfeld_courtmartial_the_retired_generals.html

You still have to watch what you say either way, although I'm not aware of many cases where a retired officer has been taken to a court martial to date.

Agreed, with all the posts in between my last one and this current one. Brick...I meant to say that she might sue for libel/slander (whichever applies here) since she might know who he is.

I'm fairly certain everyone in the A-10 community (does Mc***** count?) knows who Rainman is.

Mentioned the good candidate from AZ to a former A-10 patch wearer type (now -135 guy) tonight and his response was priceless..."She's a f*cking c*nt...nothing else to say." Hilarious. And speaks volumes without saying a thing.

Mentioned the good candidate from AZ to a former A-10 patch wearer type (now -135 guy) tonight and his response was priceless..."She's a f*cking c*nt...nothing else to say." Hilarious. And speaks volumes without saying a thing.

Exactly.

A lack of endorsements from her peers could be telling - or even better, a letter endorsing her former USMC opponent signed by many of her peers. From what I saw from her interview (it was difficult to watch), she is ill-prepared for a campaign. I didn't hear much substance in her answers.