1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

That doesn’t take in consideration the people he did hug and win.  I can’t see voting for Ducey and not McSally, it isn’t how R’s generally work.  If I remember Ducey was #1 on the ballot and McSally #2, why do you suppose they would mark him and not her?  Sen Synema ran a very middle of the road campaign, he wearing a pink tutu and telling people she doesn’t care what American joins ISIS was on blast as well, her message was pretty good but every D and R knows what she’s goona do when she gets to Washington. Im not saying anything, I’m just sayin.

Edited by matmacwc

And, she'll probably end up in the Senate anyway...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/politics/mcsally-sinema-kyl-2018-2020/index.html

So why did she do it -- particularly given that the President of the United States seemed convinced that she should have kept fighting?

The answer is that McSally is playing the long game. Or given the timing, the medium-ish game.

Remember that Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl, when accepting Gov. Doug Ducey's appointment to fill the seat of John McCain following the late senator's passing, made very clear that he wasn't planning to stick around the Senate all that long. "I have committed to serving at least through the second session of the 115th Congress," Kyl said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So, she's a diehard supporter of the "grab-em-by-the-pussy boss, to include voting for Brett Kavenaugh, because you know, that crazy bitch obviously made it all up. 😒

But now she's a victim that deserves to be believed because it really did happen to her?

Unlike Kavenaugh's accuser, with her seat in Congress, she won't have to hide, move and deal with death threats.

What a total piece of shit. Unless she names the person, I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

She claims she didn't say anything at the time because she

“didn’t trust the system at the time.”

GMAFB

She sued the SecDef and went on 60 minutes. She wasn't afraid to speak up when she thought she'd been wronged. 

This is all about her. Just like everything she's ever done is all about her.

Edited by LJDRVR
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Did you see this coming from a mile away?

It seems to be a requirement nowadays. If you want to be an empowered female, you have to make vague references to a dark past of innocent and helpless sexual victimization. Then you indignantly argue that any questions or criticisms about anything you say or do are examples of how the patriarchy continues it's oppression.

• Like 2

Ok, she's raped while wearing the uniform, but is ashamed and/or doesn't trust the system (which I actually concur with), but claims she talks about the today but doesn't name names while serving as a sitting senator and can damn sure ensure justice is done because Big Blue would roll over so fast to bring some drunk idiot out of retirement to prosecute him (assumption), she, having been a Hawg driver couldn't calculate that speed.

I'm looking a little squinty eyed at the senator from Arizona...

Oh, and "ewww…"

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There's a big difference here:

CB Ford was trying to ruin someone (Kavanaugh).

McSally doesn't seem to be going the vindictive route.  She simply states "Yes, it happened to me, and I get it.".  She's not starting a Congressional inquiry to ruin an innocent man.  If I'm missing something about her intent, let me know.  

I really know very little about the woman.  The few things I do see since she retired from the USAF, I applaud.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The few things I do see since she retired from the USAF, I applaud.  

I also applaud her political works however I’m not going to discount that while she was in in the USAF, she was known as a careerist who would do anything to make a name and get noticed.

Highly likelihood of exploiting things/topics for political leverage.

And until I get details, I’m always skeptical of what = rape/assault/harassment in 2019.

I drove some libs nuts one evening during a Kavanaugh debate where I recounted my story of being grabbed and forcibly kissed by a girl while in a drunken state thus making me by their definition 2 min prior, a victim of assault. They went off the rails on me, which I then accused them of victim shaming and being part of the problem.

Great fun to see them attack their own argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

There's a big difference here:

CB Ford was trying to ruin someone (Kavanaugh).

McSally doesn't seem to be going the vindictive route.  She simply states "Yes, it happened to me, and I get it.".  She's not starting a Congressional inquiry to ruin an innocent man.  If I'm missing something about her intent, let me know.  

I really know very little about the woman.  The few things I do see since she retired from the USAF, I applaud.  

She is running for office, though, in a state she just lost, against a much better candidate than she lost against. Her story on this incident is going to be extremely powerful ammunition for her.

4 hours ago, di1630 said:

I drove some libs nuts one evening during a Kavanaugh debate where I recounted my story of being grabbed and forcibly kissed by a girl while in a drunken state thus making me by their definition 2 min prior, a victim of assault. They went off the rails on me, which I then accused them of victim shaming and being part of the problem.

Their arguments are based on emotion so it’s fairly easy to get them turned around, usually pisses them off when they figure it out.  I then usually get attacked for being a white male, it’s fun throwing out a #metoo when they do. 

Anyone else see the irony in poundmetoo?

• Upvote 2

On 3/7/2019 at 3:02 AM, di1630 said:

I also applaud her political works however I’m not going to discount that while she was in in the USAF, she was known as a careerist who would do anything to make a name and get noticed.

Highly likelihood of exploiting things/topics for political leverage.

And until I get details, I’m always skeptical of what = rape/assault/harassment in 2019.

Sound like an evening I may or may not have experienced at a certain VFW Post in Texas a few years back. Cougars came down out of the mountains to take advantage of an unattended flock of military types/get drunk and I mean the 2 legged kind. I may still need therapy 😮

• 10 months later...