Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
F-15E WSO

1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

Recommended Posts

In my congressional district in central Texas we have a former USAF Helicopter pilot named MJ Hagar running against my Congressman, John Carter. 

MJ had been shot down in combat, rides a motorcycle, and graduated from University of Texas AFROTC det 825, which was my det also.

I didn't meet her in AFROTC because I had been in the Air Force two years when she was born.

John Carter is kind of a douche, and I'd love to go out and knock on doors for MJ.

The problem is that MJ is running as Democrat and favors open borders, gun grabbing, impeachment and is very sympathetic to socialism.

This breaks my heart that such a good person is so misguided.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

In my congressional district in central Texas we have a former USAF Helicopter pilot named MJ Hagar running against my Congressman, John Carter. 

MJ had been shot down in combat, rides a motorcycle, and graduated from University of Texas AFROTC det 825, which was my det also.

I didn't meet her in AFROTC because I had been in the Air Force two years when she was born.

John Carter is kind of a douche, and I'd love to go out and knock on doors for MJ.

The problem is that MJ is running as Democrat and favors open borders, gun grabbing, impeachment and is very sympathetic to socialism.

This breaks my heart that such a good person is so misguided.

That’s disappointing, you would think that someone who was an Air Force Officer and helo pilot would be educated enough to not fall for this new wave of progressive socialism..or maybe she just wants the easiest path to votes.

At least McSally has been a fantastic rep and an outspoken defender of national security and service members. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In my congressional district in central Texas we have a former USAF Helicopter pilot named MJ Hagar running against my Congressman, John Carter. 
MJ had been shot down in combat, rides a motorcycle, and graduated from University of Texas AFROTC det 825, which was my det also.
I didn't meet her in AFROTC because I had been in the Air Force two years when she was born.

John Carter is kind of a douche, and I'd love to go out and knock on doors for MJ.

The problem is that MJ is running as Democrat and favors open borders, gun grabbing, impeachment and is very sympathetic to socialism.

This breaks my heart that such a good person is so misguided.


What’s funny is that on the ‘Issues’ section of her website, she avoids any controversial topics. She doesn’t mention her views on taxes, abortion, or immigration. She’s trying to use her Purple Heart and military background to sell herself in Texas without advertising democrat platforms that she supports. Shameful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

 


What’s funny is that on the ‘Issues’ section of her website, she avoids any controversial topics. She doesn’t mention her views on taxes, abortion, or immigration. She’s trying to use her Purple Heart and military background to sell herself in Texas without advertising democrat platforms that she supports. Shameful.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Read her book and everything will become clear on her.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, uhhello said:

Read her book and everything will become clear on her.  

I don't feel like it, can you give cliffs notes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matmacwc said:

People from TX can smell a rat from 10 miles.

Can I frame this and send it to you if Beto beats Cruz in November? 🍺

Speaking of MJ, don’t vote for her if you don’t like her policies, that’s fair enough. But good people can have a diverse array of political views. It shouldn’t be that she is “uneducated” or is a “rat” just because she is a Dem. If she’s legit a good person (and I don’t know, but seems that way), then she’s legit a good person, full stop, even if you disagree politically.

I have several Republican friends who, if they ever ran, I would vote for over a hypothetical doucher entrenched Democratic incumbent who wasn’t doing the people’s work anymore. Not always an easy call when you differ substantially on policy, but leadership and character also matter in my book, and I will always give a good fair look to a fellow veteran regardless of party.

Even my right-wing friends who I could not vote for are still good people, and I’d absolutely encourage them to get involved in leading the country. We need more good people in general and veterans in particular to step up and serve again.

Food for thought.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be the “best” person in the world, but if you support murdering babies in the womb and allowing anyone and everyone to pour over our southern border and be welcomed with open arms, I could never vote for you. It says something about your morals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Can I frame this and send it to you if Beto beats Cruz in November? 🍺

Speaking of MJ, don’t vote for her if you don’t like her policies, that’s fair enough. But good people can have a diverse array of political views. It shouldn’t be that she is “uneducated” or is a “rat” just because she is a Dem. If she’s legit a good person (and I don’t know, but seems that way), then she’s legit a good person, full stop, even if you disagree politically.

I have several Republican friends who, if they ever ran, I would vote for over a hypothetical doucher entrenched Democratic incumbent who wasn’t doing the people’s work anymore. Not always an easy call when you differ substantially on policy, but leadership and character also matter in my book, and I will always give a good fair look to a fellow veteran regardless of party.

Even my right-wing friends who I could not vote for are still good people, and I’d absolutely encourage them to get involved in leading the country. We need more good people in general and veterans in particular to step up and serve again.

Food for thought.

You’re in a squadron full of Republicans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herkbum said:

You’re in a squadron full of Republicans

Lol, yea, I noticed that. Then again that also describes every squadron I've ever been in, so it's NBD. Like I said, good dudes are still good even if we disagree on politics.

Hell, I'd even think about voting for Beasley to be the Mayor of Camden if I lived out there! We've had a lot of time to talk about politics recently, and you'd be surprised on the level of agreement on certain things.

Edited by nsplayr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Lol, yea, I noticed that. Then again that also describes every squadron I've ever been in, so it's NBD. Like I said, good dudes are still good even if we disagree on politics.

Hell, I'd even think about voting for Beasley to be the Mayor of Camden if I lived out there! We've had a lot of time to talk about politics recently, and you'd be surprised on the level of agreement on certain things.

Big Daddy for Mayor!!  As long as he campaigns with his smoked bologna with cheese and jalapeños. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, herkbum said:

You’re in a squadron full of Republicans

I’d say it’s the norm, lots of reasons for that, but still the norm.  I think having some differing opinion is good, it helps strengthen your stances or re-evaluate them.  

That being said, @MooseAg03 , that’s the crux of the matter for me and most non dems I believe.  You cannot repackage that first issue into something that makes sense to me.

Edited by matmacwc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2012 at 12:54 PM, brickhistory said:

Kee-rist! I thought this vampire was dead.

 

 

I hate being wrong...

 

t6xn8jt0ctk11.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 6:13 PM, MooseAg03 said:

You might be the “best” person in the world, but if you support murdering babies in the womb and allowing anyone and everyone to pour over our southern border and be welcomed with open arms, I could never vote for you. It says something about your morals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what if it's only one of those things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, JimNtexas said:

MJ is running TV ads that are just lists of her USAF assignments.  Not a word on how she might vote in Congress.

Cause we already know.  She's an R straight down the voting ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ says she is running because her opponent is a poopoo head.

Which is sorta true, but she won’t admit she has stood in a brace in front of Nancy Pelosi’s desk promising to work night and day to raise taxes, open the borders, and above all stop at nothing to destroy that bad Orange Man by any means necessary.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×