1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

As discussed before, Louisiana has a pending run-off election for the US Senate. The first poll since election day released yesterday and it shows Cassidy, the Republican candidate, with a 21 point lead over Democratic incumbent Sen. Landrieu (59 Cassidy/38 Landrieu/3 Unsure), despite the fact that of those polled more identify as Democrats (44 Democrat/36 Rebuplican/20 Other).

So, as everybody predicted, good freaking luck to the Democrats.

http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/current-louisiana-polling/

• 3 weeks later...

If your Republiboner needed a little pick me up, take a look at this.

Since neither candidate in the Louisiana Senate Race won the Nov 4 General Election, there is a Runoff Election scheduled for tomorrow. Polls show Cassidy leading by 15%+. FiveThirtyEight predicts the loss will actually be much greater, around a 50% gap, because eligible voters are less likely to vote if an election appears pre-destined.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/louisiana_senate_race.html

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/senate-forecast-landrieu-headed-toward-historic-defeat-in-louisiana-runoff

Again, this will expand the Republicans control of the Senate for the next two years to a 54/100 majority, taking 9 seats from the Democrats.

Edited by deaddebate

• 2 weeks later...

she will lose, barber is a lock in the blue south... wouldnt be surprised if she lost by the same margin as last time.

She may very well lose.

...but if Barber was such a 'lock' then I think he would have easily secured a victory last week on election night.

Swing and a miss.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually thought Romney had a chance the last few weeks before the 2012 election. And no, I did not vote for Romney. It looks like 2016 is already starting--Jeb Bush has more/less thrown his name in the ring. I look forward to voting Libertarian again if he is the GOP's nominee.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awesome. So AZ voters voted in a carpetbagging east coast tourist who has no idea, nor cares, about southern AZ issues, and is yet again, doing a touch and go at another place in her move up the self-serving career ladder.

The voters will get what they voted for, McSally/McCain/McFlake establishment types, who only happen to have an "R" next to their names out of pure convenience.

...AND that's how we are going to end up with another Democrat POTUS.

Well since I'm not a Republican, their party's candidate has to convince me that they stand for more Liberty than not. Jeb is not that guy, neither is Christie. If things are going to get a lot worse then they might as well be under the party who openly states that buisnesses do not create jobs. Also, did you see the crap that got passed by the GOP a few days ago?

If the party nominates Rand Paul, then I'll vote GOP. You of course can vote for whoever you want.

Swing and a miss.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually thought Romney had a chance the last few weeks before the 2012 election. And no, I did not vote for Romney. It looks like 2016 is already starting--Jeb Bush has more/less thrown his name in the ring. I look forward to voting Libertarian again if he is the GOP's nominee.

dont really think it was a swing and a miss, 130 something votes isnt that great considering what the GOP was hyping her as.... not to mention it was an off cycle election year which historically has low democrat turn out. (say what you want about a group the only comes to vote when theres flashy elections going on)

dont really think it was a swing and a miss, 130 something votes isnt that great considering what the GOP was hyping her as.... not to mention it was an off cycle election year which historically has low democrat turn out. (say what you want about a group the only comes to vote when theres flashy elections going on)

It was a swing and a miss because you said Barber was a 'lock'...and this was even after election night in which it razor close. So yeah, far from Barber being a 'lock' after election night. Poor analysis and/or poor choice of words--your call.

It was a swing and a miss because you said Barber was a 'lock'...and this was even after election night in which it razor close. So yeah, far from Barber being a 'lock' after election night. Poor analysis and/or poor choice of words--your call.

haha well met, ill go with poor choice of both!

Well since I'm not a Republican, their party's candidate has to convince me that they stand for more Liberty than not. Jeb is not that guy, neither is Christie. If things are going to get a lot worse then they might as well be under the party who openly states that buisnesses do not create jobs. Also, did you see the crap that got passed by the GOP a few days ago?

If the party nominates Rand Paul, then I'll vote GOP. You of course can vote for whoever you want.

Well, I didn't say anything about Republicans...I only said that if you vote like you suggest you might, then we'll have another Democrat POTUS. You have your opinion and I have mine. What I am saying is that in a general election you will realistically only have two people to choose from. A Democrat and a Republican. You can vote libertarian all day, but the way I see it is that you are helping whomever the Democratic nominee is by voting libertarian. It's the spoiler effect. Nader probably cost Gore the election in 2000 and Perot cost Bush the election in 1992 by splitting the vote.

• 2 months later...

Well, she came through for my neighbor. He built an airstrip on his land 3 years ago and applied to the FAA for a airport designator. They have ignored his emails and phone calls since then. He called MMc's office yesterday and got a call from the FAA at 0730 this morning giving him his designator. I've got to give her thumbs up for that.

LS

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from my dad, "It is not always who you are voting for, but who you are voting against."

I basically always vote against the incumbent. The entrenched interests are more dangerous than whatever rhetoric someone spouts in order to get elected.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...