1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

currently listening...is that you?

Nope, a good friend named TomChuck Norris. We were stationed together several places, including Nellis. TC of the best pilots I've ever known and a full up combat warrior who has done things in the A-10 that would make your eyes water and make many people piss themselves. Real combat with lots of metal in the air not the kind of shit she is claiming is combat.

While I'm sure he is not speaking for all (McKaching can probably parade some folks out who say she was a good and well respected pilot but I don't know any of them), he speaks for most.

Words cannot describe how most people in the A-10 community who know her feel about her. It is difficult for most young guys now to comprehend the shitstorm that swirled around her. TomChuck mentions members of congress and SecAF and 4 stars calling the squadron to see how she was doing. Imagine if that was happening in your squadron today. They would call the scheduler and the ops desk to see if she was flying and how she did.

TC was the squadron weapons officer and the FS/CC made him her seeing eye IP in MQT. He held his ground and he would not put her up for her MR check.

You'll hear her jump on the call and try to recreate history in the debrief, which is her standard. You guys can be the judge of who you think is credible and want to believe, TC or McKaching.

I can only hope she loses.

Guest Grind

She sure sounds like a politician. Rational arguments spoken against her, and she just calls them lies and tries to end the show.

Funny stuff.

Outstanding call and rebuttal. Some of her comments were on point and might score with some: "tough time being the first," "yada, yada, yada."

The "Pat Schroeder calling the squadron" will negate those that were swayed by her pity party. I think there's enough tough Arizonans and retired military in the Tucson/Sierra Vista area that will recall that particular social engineer's shenanigans and get it.

I wish either the IP or the DJ would have followed up with a direct "did you take off in an empty airplane or not?"

I thought she shot herself in the foot at the end with her "I got promoted early." Kinda made his point.

I feel dirty now...

I didn't like the "soar to victory" comments from her about the election. It seemed to just reinforce the impression that she's out for personal gain.

Also, don't be surprised that she didn't just roll-over and say the caller was right. No one wakes-up in the morning and thinks "I think I'll be a shitbag today," or "everything I do or have earned is because I have gender-related top cover in the 'sis-network.'" I'm sure she honestly believes everything she's said in her campaign and has posted on her website. I also believe that she sees herself as a combat leader...tried and proven worthy by the trials of war.

Her own reality, however, has some significant disagreements with the reality of the men/women she worked and flew with. The election will hinge upon which reality the voters choose to believe as their own.

I couldn't listen through all of that interview. The amount of self aggrandizing mewling was amazing. For the younins out there, I don't care if you're a female or whatever, if you excel at your job you have my backing.if you suck expect a lot of shit, that's all there is to it, be good.

She wouldn't be the first pilot on a double secret probation status in a squadron that always ends up flying with IP's.

Everyone thinks they are the ace of the base. In reality I generally find that most pilots think of themselves as being above average when it comes to there skills and knowledge in the airplane. When in reality half of all pilots are in the bottom 50% of their given aircraft, its just a fact. A wise man may or may not have once said....... "There are pilots and there are pilots; with the good ones, it is inborn. You can't teach it."

• Upvote 1

She claims she was an A-10 IP and won several awards, and beat several other pilots at competitions, where are the records of that? I can't find anything on the internet.

WOW, that's all I have to say after listening to the 2 callers. Will be interesting to see the results from this race. Good luck AZ!

BTW, I wish the whole not having enough gas to remain aloft situation came up. Would've liked to hear her dance around that one!

Edited by WABoom

She claims she was an A-10 IP and won several awards, and beat several other pilots at competitions, where are the records of that? I can't find anything on the internet.

Was she a Sandy 1?

Was she a Sandy 4?

LOL

BTW, I wish the whole not having enough gas to remain aloft situation came up. Would of liked to hear her dance around that one!

Taking off with no gas is a huge mistake. Singularly, I don't think it qualifies anyone as a bad pilot. If an event like that does, we have an Air Force full of shitty pilots based on all sorts of flying buffoonery, from FEs to WGs, I'm aware of in my 10 year career as an 11F.

Every pilot has a few instances in their career that could have led to an FEB. Assuming it's not criminal, learn from it, move on, and become better (in the words of G-Lo, "Mess up, fess-up"). It's good technique to look in the mirror before throwing spears at another flyer. IMO, poor form on anyone who would crucify another flyer based on one mistake. It's especially poor form to project a flying mistake on other aspects of a person's life.

BL: Taking off with no gas has nothing to do with McSally's run for Congress. A lot can be learned from the call yesterday, but her performance in the jet is completely non-sequitur to her candidacy.

Edited by Pancake