1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

Please share becuase right now the only thing out there is crap like this: http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2012/02/03/cd8-special-election-whos-martha-mcsally-and-why-are-people-saying-she-might-run-for-congress

With the following comments:

"a real combat veteran"

"I personally like this woman's Bio! She would be a refreshing voice in Arizona's Congressional District #8. I certainly want to hear more about the good Colonel."

"She's got my vote!"

"I'm very glad to see someone like her in this race. She's got my vote too!"

She has never fired a bullet in anger nor has one been fired at her as far as I know. That doesn't matter. O-1 time = combat and she has some.

You can't stop her. Stop trying. Besides, trying to discount her service degrades everyone. Seriously.

It is best if we all just know she's technically correct but practically wrong when it comes to being a "combat" veteran.

Here's a little story that is safe and unrelated to her capabilities as a pilot...

A good friend of mine was talking about how he went to some shindig in RI for the all the military academy selects that was being thrown by a congressman who had given both of them a nomination. He was drinking a beer and she walked up to him and said "I hope you get that out of your system now because you will not be allowed to drink as a freshman when we get out there and there is an honor code and I will have to turn you in. In fact, I'm not sure if you are not in violation of the honor code right now since you are under age and consuming alcohol."

You betcha.

He was drinking a beer and she walked up to him and said "I hope you get that out of your system now because you will not be allowed to drink as a freshman when we get out there and there is an honor code and I will have to turn you in. In fact, I'm not sure if you are not in violation of the honor code right now since you are under age and consuming alcohol."

If I understand what's going on here, this is an ~18 year old/recent HS grad talking? WTF! Not normal.

McChing took over the Bulldogs after our '03-'04 OIF deployment. Thing was, it seemingly came out of left field, as she supposedly already had some sort of Academy gig lined up at C-Springs. We all thought our deployed CC on the OIF side was going to get the billet, following the CC on the OEF side leaving; but that wasn't to be.

Thing was, it seemingly came out of left field,

Yep. Out of left field all right.

One of those and satisying careers where everyone around the person is contantly amazed at the uncanny bolt from the blue strokes of luck and timing where the the most commonly heard words were "Did you hear so and so got bumped and you know who is now is going to do XYZ", "Wait, what?", "NFW!" and "YGBFSM!"

Yep. Out of left field all right.

One of those and satisying careers where everyone around the person is contantly amazed at the uncanny bolt from the blue strokes of luck and timing where the the most commonly heard words were "Did you hear so and so got bumped and you know who is now is going to do XYZ", "Wait, what?", "NFW!" and "YGBFSM!"

Definitely no kidding there. I luckily PCSd a month after returning from that deployment, and unfortunately the guy we thought was going to get the job turned in his papers following that and went to Southwest.......loss to the AF of a very good guy. But hey, the PR value of having the "first female fighter squadron commander" in the AF, outweighed having an effective one that people looked up to. Of course, in the inevitable PR crap that did come afterwards, there was all sorts of kudos being given for the new CC.....I imagine the gun to the head being off camera in the pics.

This is the only place on the internet where the stories could be posted. It ain't slander if it's true!

No shit. What is with all this pansy ass hinting around and stories about how you know a guy who knew a guy who thought he heard her say XYZ when she was in FVCKING HIGH SCHOOL! Either throw down the the goods or close the topic.

A good friend of mine was talking about how he went to some shindig in RI for the all the military academy selects that was being thrown by a congressman who had given both of them a nomination. He was drinking a beer and she walked up to him and said "I hope you get that out of your system now because you will not be allowed to drink as a freshman when we get out there and there is an honor code and I will have to turn you in. In fact, I'm not sure if you are not in violation of the honor code right now since you are under age and consuming alcohol."

You betcha.

Sounds like my 2nd PAS when I was in ROTC....

• Upvote 1

No shit. What is with all this pansy ass hinting around and stories about how you know a guy who knew a guy who thought he heard her say XYZ when she was in FVCKING HIGH SCHOOL! Either throw down the the goods or close the topic.

Really?

So your approach is either be completely nasty and shit all over someone or don't say anything at all?

Someone posted a link about a combat veteran running for congress and people who know her sounded off. People are just saying she is well known as someone to avoid and prefer not to get nasty about it. No one is saying there needs to be a Swift Boat campaign but I don't know anyone who vote for her.

Take or fucking leave it.

Someone posted a link about a combat veteran running for congress and people who know her sounded off.

I almost sounded off here as well (Since I don't know shit about this topic), but I think I get what you mean here. The subtleties of your posts on this topic are enough for me, and I can even imagine having to be in the unit a person like this was in command of. As much as I'd love to hear some stories about the $5 dollar individual, I'd rather just see a person like this pop up from time to time and shake my head in awe, disgust, or whatever.

• Upvote 1

Being in the district that she's running in, her Rep. Primary opponents are also combat veterens: Frank Antenori, a Special Forces Team Sergeant (Roughneck 91) and current State Senator, and Jesse Kelly, Marine. Ft. Huachuca is probably the biggest employer in her district, also. The grunts have her surrounded.

LS

People are just saying she is well known as someone to avoid and prefer not to get nasty about it.

FACT. Unfortunately, she'd be a perfect fit in congress. Here's hoping karma finally comes around and someone else wins.

As a quick example, read the below article. Ask yourself, "What currently-serving officer in the USAF would A) SUE THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE and B) GO ON 60 MINUTES TO WHINE ABOUT IT?" I actually think she was right about parts of the issue but she went about it allllll wrong.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ain324757.shtml

Edited by Bergman
Add link

She seriously has a Colonel bird front-and-center on her campaign logo? Not terribly subtle...

I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw that, I closed the page. Didn't even bother reading the obviously self serving mindless drivel that is on it.

Edit: my dumb ass shouldn't drink and post.

Edited by Marco

I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw that, I closed the page. Didn't even bother reading the obviously self serving mindless dribble that is on it.

She probably doesn't even know the difference between dribble and drivel!

Edited by Beaver
  • Upvote 1

Before she launches on her campaign tour, I hope she remembers to check that the tank is topped off. It would be embarrassing to check your fuel state just after leaving and realize the tank was empty.

This story needs to be told. Please.