1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

FiveThirtyEight and the New York Times both predict a 75% or better chance that the Republicans take the Senate majority. Best guess is 52 or 53.

So now we'll finally get legislation through Congress...only to be vetoed and sent back where there won't be enough votes to override....and the cycle continues...

Same shit, different day.

Edited by backseatdriver
  • Upvote 1

So now we'll finally get legislation through Congress...only to be vetoed and sent back where there won't be enough votes to override....and the cycle continues...

I'm buying stock in red ink pen manufacturing.

The cynic in me believes that is takes a certain "type" to run for public office and McSally fits the mold. So regardless of what I may think of her, I am prone to believe her opponent is of the same ilk or worse. I don't live in her district, but would have voted for her. She could have grown horns and a tail and I still would have voted for her over someone who would simply be a proxy for that pant-suited mannequin from San Francisco.

If the Republicans are smart, they will start passing legislation that has broad support and inundate Obama's desk. They will show the USA how a congress is supposed to work. If things stall, let them stall at the WH. This will send a strong message to the voters for the 2016 elections. They need to act with the 2016 elections always in mind. 2016 is key, not only the executive branch is open, but 24 Senate seats currently held by Republicans. IMHO, it is more important they retain the majorities in both houses than winning the executive office. If Hlilary is POTUS, I believe she will mimic Bill (possibly to the point of having an affair with a female intern). Bill learned he wasn't the almighty and for the sake of his "legacy" worked with the Republican congress. Hillary probably would also.

Edited by Red Fox

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/democrats-ads-mary-landrieu-112647.html | http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/mary-landrieu-louisiana-runoff-2014-bill-cassidy-112668.html

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is cancelling it's TV ads and other election support for incumbent Sen M. Landrieu. Meanwhile, the Republicans are sending in additional manpower and money. So as long as say Bill Cassidy doesn't say something super-racist or reveal himself as a purple-skinned alien from Neptune, he'll win a 53rd senate seat for the Republicans.

she's ahead by 133 votes with 200 left to potentially count (conditional provisional ballots requiring the voter to bring ID to the courthouse by 1700 tomorrow). Since the margin is less than 200 votes, there will be a recount.

Honestly I'm happy she won, it will be nice to have another pro-military Republican in the House. Let's hope she keeps to her military roots...

She's not even pro-military Republican. She's a McCain/McFlake RINO pick who will disappear from the state as fast as she showed up here, not giving a whit about anything here that doesn't directly benefit her in some way. She can't even speak to the issues of southern AZ in any direct, meaningful way. People will get what they elected.

Edited by MD
  • Upvote 1

It ain't over yet:

A recount will be needed to determine if Republican Martha McSally’s lead over Democratic Rep. Ron Barber stands, according to unofficial election results from Pima County completed Wednesday.

McSally leads Barber in southern Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District race by 161 votes out of more than 220,000 cast. That’s less than the number that triggers a mandatory recount under state law.

LS

Edited by Len Satic
  • Upvote 1

Surprised no one's posted yet. McChing/McBlinky won.

still have to go through a recount for it to be official.

ETA: Len beat me to it.

Edited by stract

She's not even pro-military Republican. She's a McCain/McFlake RINO pick who will disappear from the state as fast as she showed up here, not giving a whit about anything here that doesn't directly benefit her in some way. She can't even speak to the issues of southern AZ in any direct, meaningful way. People will get what they elected.

meh, i think mccain gets a lot of flak from people that only know him from overly televised BS. I while he doesn't kow-tow to the defense contractors, i wouldnt say he wasnt pro-military.

my $0.02

meh, i think mccain gets a lot of flak from people that only know him from overly televised BS. I while he doesn't kow-tow to the defense contractors, i wouldnt say he wasnt pro-military.

my $0.02

McCain is definately pro military, he's just a RINO in many other ways. And with all respect for his military service, he hasn't been the best Senator here in AZ, having many special interests of different kinds. Not as bad as a Randy Cunningham, but he's had his own share of scandal. His military special interests.....some are good like like the original KC-767 fiasco, to others that are questionable such as constituents in Phoenix for the F-35, while ignoring Tucson and the A-10 until fairly recently. It's far more McFlake and McChing who are the RINO and carpetbagger, respectively.

• Upvote 1

McCain is definately pro military, he's just a RINO in many other ways. And with all respect for his military service, he hasn't been the best Senator here in AZ, having many special interests of different kinds. Not as bad as a Randy Cunningham, but he's had his own share of scandal. His military special interests.....some are good like like the original KC-767 fiasco, to others that are questionable such as constituents in Phoenix for the F-35, while ignoring Tucson and the A-10 until fairly recently. It's far more McFlake and McChing who are the RINO and carpetbagger, respectively.

agreed, hes very up and down, but his recent status on the armed services committee will be interesting, especially since hes about to go all KC-767 all over the F-35s ass.

and DOUBLE agree on the last two... sheep's clothing man.

it could be worse, you could be living in michigan ;)

Edited by dvlax40