2012 AFRC Board

Guest pilotbax

SMOE, Do you know if their doing away with IFS all together, or just exempting those who have a certain amount of hours? I was actually looking forward to sharpening some skills (for free) before UPT.

I was hoping the same thing; but if they do away with IFS it will be for applicants already possessing their private pilot license.

SMOE, Do you know if their doing away with IFS all together, or just exempting those who have a certain amount of hours? I was actually looking forward to sharpening some skills (for free) before UPT.

The word on IFS is little funding/slots available....so afrc is choosing who goes and who doesn't, not sure on how they decide, but i was told i was on the no-go list if there happened to be no slots available....sounds like 50/50

I've got an April UPT date as well...where did you hear about possible OTS dates???

unit POC.

Is this a reserve only thing? Can you point to the reg?

I don't know what reg it is. I want to go so I asked the chief pilot at the unit I that selected me and he ran the question up the chain. What came back down from the IFS program manager was starting FY13, applicants with a PPL will not attend.

SMOE, according to the OTSMAN, during the annual December/January holiday break, trainees may take ordinary or advance leave in accordance with AFI 36-3003 and OTS holiday policy. When I was in tech school we got two weeks off, one for xmas and the following week for New Year's. Not sure how it'll work at OTS though; distance restrictions, dates, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

OTS Class 13-03

UPT Class 14-08 @ Laughlin.

SMOE, according to the OTSMAN, during the annual December/January holiday break, trainees may take ordinary or advance leave in accordance with AFI 36-3003 and OTS holiday policy. When I was in tech school we got two weeks off, one for xmas and the following week for New Year's. Not sure how it'll work at OTS though; distance restrictions, dates, etc...

Yea, thanks, I couldn't remember if it was 2 weeks or 1 week. I did the same thing going thru tech school last time as well.

Edited by SMOE

• 1 month later...

Anyone in on the November board? It is a little frustrating trying to get confirmation from my recruiter that all of my packet is officially in, as I haven't heard anything from him in 6 days or so. Apparently all AF reserve recruiters are at a conference where they are not allowed to check emails or answer phone calls......awesome timing.