Baseops Forums

Another day, another heap of praise for Jon, Bri, and the rest of the team at Trident.  Slightly unsual situation for me -- looking to refi a first and second mortgage consolidated into a single jumbo loan under the VA. House purchased in 2007 and FINALLY to the point where the house value was worth more than the outstanding notes.  Jon fully understood my situation, and gave me mutliple options to consider, and  got me a fantastic rate for a jumbo within days of the initial discussuion. I looked into the situation with several other lenders, and none came close to the rate Jon got me or the way he treated me -- most were half a percent higher or more, were barely familiar with the VA process, and treated you as if you were wasting their time.  Not Jon!  ALWAYS available to take a call or get back to me quickly when I had a question.  Even called me a few weeks before the original Closing date to see if I could support SPEEDING UP the closing to an earlier date because he was concerned that some new rules for VA loans starting next month may affect my situation.   I always felt he was looking at for me the way a squadron bro would.

Bri and the rest of his team were on the spot and 4 steps ahead of the game on getting everything ready for Closing.  The result?  Closed on a refi within 30 days of when I originally contacted Jon, with a new consolidated jumbo loan that is saving me $1100 / month (yep, over $13K / year!)

Couldn't be happier with the whole process I experienced using Jon and his team at Trident.  Do yourself due diligence, and if looking for a lender check out at least a few places.  But do yourself a favor as well and make sure Jon and Trident are one of those places.  Pretty sure he'll beat any and all others you look into on price, service, and all around experience.  And I'll give him the ultimate compliment -- when / if my own kids look into purchasing a home (they're all in the 20s, so it will be soon) I'll simply hand them Jon's phone number, because a Dad always look out for his kids....  

On 9/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, Homestar said:

At what point does it make sense to refinance or do a IRRRL?  I'm currently at 3.75%.

Just depends...you have to go down by .5% at a min to do an IRRRL.  If it's a cheap refi state we've done 3.25% no cost IRRRLs so you don't have a break even and you just save money.  If it's a more expensive state or you're paying the cost then I'd run a break even analysis off the costs and saving then compare it to how long you're planning on staying in the house to see if it makes sense.  If you're PCSing or selling in the not too distant future typically only the no cost IRRRLs make sense.  Best thing is just to do an app on our website or call me so I can run the numbers and see if it makes sense.  If we have an app in and I have talked to you then I can also hold it and watch the market for you then auto lock when we hit the right numbers.  You're never committed to anything on a refi  until 3 days after you close so there isn't any downside by locking or exploring your options.  If rates drop then we just cancel the first lock and set you up with a new lock so the first lock is just a hedge.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

25 minutes ago, Bullet said:

Do yourself due diligence, and if looking for a lender check out at least a few places.  But do yourself a favor as well and make sure Jon and Trident are one of those places.  Pretty sure he'll beat any and all others you look into on price, service, and all around experience.  And I'll give him the ultimate compliment -- when / if my own kids look into purchasing a home (they're all in the 20s, so it will be soon) I'll simply hand them Jon's phone number, because a Dad always look out for his kids....  

Thank you, Sir!  It was definitely a pleasure to work with you!  Helping good people save a ton of money is the best part of this job.  I have 4 kiddos so your Dad compliment definitely means a lot.  Enjoy the upcoming wedding and please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Have a great weekend!
Jon

3 hours ago, Bullet said:

Slightly unsual situation for me -- looking to refi a first and second mortgage consolidated into a single jumbo loan under the VA

oh shit, you can do that? I thought you had to live in the house to get a VA?