Jump to content
Baseops Forums

Recommended Posts

Long time listener...first time caller. I just wanted to add to the praise of Jon and his team (Lisa, Bri) over at Trident Home Loans. Recently financed a home through them. Not only were they extremely easy and pleasant to work with, they gave me a great rate (title company hadn't seen a rate that low since 2016). I had a good experience with USAA on my first home purchase, but this Trident experience far exceeded my previous purchase. I will definitely be using Trident as my lender in the future.

WA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weapons Away said:

this Trident experience far exceeded my previous purchase. I will definitely be using Trident as my lender in the future.

WA

Thank you!  That’s the goal every time!  Glad you’re happy and congrats on the new place!

Jon

 

Quick money saving tip...a lot of people don’t know you can get free money from your realtor towards your closing costs.  Not all realtors do it but some who don’t will match these programs cause they want your business.  Some money is better than no money.  Definitely worth checking out.  There are probably more out there but we see these ones a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

long-time lurker but just wanted to drop more praise on Jon, Elena, and the team.  Saved me from being pushed to the local lender and got us a rate that the realtor and title agent had never seen before in this area...Trident’s the easy call...thanks again guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming you are still not licensed in Ohio yet?

Curious, if I get a VA loan (re-finance) and get a disability rating after I retire (next year)... can I get the funding fee refunded?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We handle all 50 states and I do a lot of business in OH!   

Per the VA, "if you paid a funding fee at closing ..... and your VA compensation award provides an effective rating date that is prior to your loan closing date, then you may be eligible for a funding fee refund."   Not sure the timing would work for you?  Depends on when you close and how far into the process you are...  Let me know if I can be of any more help!  Amy 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GOSTR91 said:

long-time lurker but just wanted to drop more praise on Jon, Elena, and the team.  Saved me from being pushed to the local lender and got us a rate that the realtor and title agent had never seen before in this area...Trident’s the easy call...thanks again guys 

You're welcome!  Elena did a great job as always.  I still can't believe that local guy was over 1% higher than us.  We see tons of quotes from lenders across the country and that was one of the worse.  We usually beat everyone but that one was not even a competition.  Thanks for trusting us to take care of you and your family! 

We're always happy to quickly sanity check any rates people are getting quoted without a mass of paperwork or credit pull.

Jon

850-377-1114 or jk@mythl.com

6 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I'm assuming you are still not licensed in Ohio yet?

Curious, if I get a VA loan (re-finance) and get a disability rating after I retire (next year)... can I get the funding fee refunded?

Thanks!

Sorry, no OH yet.  Marty is pushing to get us licensed in as many states as we can over the next year, but it can be a slow process in some states.  Banks are automatically licensed in every state.  I'll ask around for a good OH lender referral for you.  Amy is right on the funding fee stuff.  Based on your scenario, you won't be able to get it refunded if you close on the refi before the disability award date next year.  The VA is trying to push through claims if you're buying a house so that the award is prior to closing even if you can't get your check until after your official separation or retirement date.  You can apply up to 180 days prior to separation/retirement which can definitely help people as they transition out and need to buy a house but want to avoid the funding fee.

https://www.va.gov/disability/how-to-file-claim/when-to-file/pre-discharge-claim/

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piling on more love for the team at Trident. A very big thank you to Jon and Bri and their team members. Finished an IRRRL last week and they beat the competition by nearly a quarter point with cash back to me when it's all said and done. Quick, painless, and the dopamine hit from paying close to $5k less per year in house payments going forward is definitely a win. I don't think I would have heard abt Trident had it not been for this thread so thanks to baseops-ers too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, RouteScan said:

Piling on more love for the team at Trident. A very big thank you to Jon and Bri and their team members. Finished an IRRRL last week and they beat the competition by nearly a quarter point with cash back to me when it's all said and done. Quick, painless, and the dopamine hit from paying close to $5k less per year in house payments going forward is definitely a win. I don't think I would have heard abt Trident had it not been for this thread so thanks to baseops-ers too!

You’re welcome and thank you!  Sorry for the late reply I’ve been flying and kept meaning to reply.  Always happy to help out a fellow airline/military guy.

Great time to do an any type of mortgage.  Definitely don’t hold back from calling us or lump us in with all the junk mail for refi’s that everyone is getting.  

We’re no pressure and straight forward...wouldn’t ever try to sell you something that wasn’t in your best interest.  Only here to help...we make money by providing a great product and service.  Not by charging fees or pushing you farther into debt.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Edited by Jon - Trident Home Loans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 5:35 AM, RouteScan said:

Piling on more love for the team at Trident. A very big thank you to Jon and Bri and their team members. Finished an IRRRL last week and they beat the competition by nearly a quarter point with cash back to me when it's all said and done. Quick, painless, and the dopamine hit from paying close to $5k less per year in house payments going forward is definitely a win. I don't think I would have heard abt Trident had it not been for this thread so thanks to baseops-ers too!

2, same...got my original mortgage through Trident and now an IRRRL, and couldn't be happier. I keep thinking there has to be a catch, but it never materializes. Thanks a bunch Jon, Bri, Marty, and the whole Trident team. :beer: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Day Man said:

2, same...got my original mortgage through Trident and now an IRRRL, and couldn't be happier. I keep thinking there has to be a catch, but it never materializes. Thanks a bunch Jon, Bri, Marty, and the whole Trident team. :beer: 

lol, thanks man!  You're welcome and thanks for the repeat business.  No catches ever.  We do our best by everyone and we get the "it seems to good to be true" all the time.  We treat everyone like we'd want to be treated which is the Trident difference in business today.  We want a life time relationship with every client.  Everyone will PCS multiple times, go to the airlines, or change houses at some point and will need a lender again.  We want to be your first call every time.

Cheers!
Jon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another recommendation for Amy at NBKC.  She did a great job expediting a VA loan in a very short amount of time, which allowed my family to move out of our old home and into our new home with no delays.  My realtor and her team were very impressed with Amy and her work as well.  Amy was always around to take a call and explain everything to me and she was very responsive to emails/texts, which made the process painless and stress free.

NBKC had a great rate and even a lender credit at the rate I selected, coming in about~ $3500 cheaper than other lenders I shopped to get the same rate.  All around great experience!

* Full disclosure, I was unable to shop with Jon and Trident because they are not yet licensed in the state I purchased in, so the above comment does not apply to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for your business!  Consider me on standby for your next assignment and home purchase.  I lend in all 50 states and look forward to working with you again in the future. 🙂   Enjoy your new home and thanks again for your business! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am and often work in both states.  nbkc bank is a nationwide lender, and offers mortgage financing in all 50 states.  Let me know if I can be of help!  Amy 913-253-0190 apaterson@nbkc.com 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Full disclosure, I was unable to shop with Jon and Trident because they are not yet licensed in the state I purchased in, so the above comment does not apply to them.

Stay tuned on new Trident state licenses. We’re working aggressively to get licensed in all 50 states and will be announcing new states soon. Sorry we couldn’t help you on this one but glad Amy took good care of you!

Marty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Sure are and rates are great right now.  Give me a ring whenever you have a few minutes.

Jon

850-377-1114 

jk@mythl.com

 

Jon,

For excellent credit score 700+, what's the VA rate right now?  Is it still 3.25%?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

Jon,

For excellent credit score 700+, what's the VA rate right now?  Is it still 3.25%?

Thanks.

Lots of variables that go into rates but in general you're looking at 3.125-3.25% on 30yrs VAs with a 45 day lock and no points on a non-jumbo.  Rates have been moving back up with the 10yr treasury bond off the bottom we hit at 2.875% a couple weeks ago.  These are Trident pricing not the national average.  Also know that the mortgage market is constantly changing on Wall Street so this post could be completely irrelevant tomorrow. Best thing is just to call me to get a real time quote.  Hope that helps get you in the ball park though.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time lurker and reader of baseops. We went through Jon moving back to Seymour Johnson - really great experience and great communication the entire way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Lots of variables that go into rates but in general you're looking at 3.125-3.25% on 30yrs VAs with a 45 day lock and no points on a non-jumbo.  Rates have been moving back up with the 10yr treasury bond off the bottom we hit at 2.875% a couple weeks ago.  These are Trident pricing not the national average.  Also know that the mortgage market is constantly changing on Wall Street so this post could be completely irrelevant tomorrow. Best thing is just to call me to get a real time quote.  Hope that helps get you in the ball park though.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Wow that's really low!  Thanks the response, I'll hit you up if I find a good property. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished closing on our new construction home in Memphis, TN.  I'm recently retired and used a VA loan.  I searched around for a lot of rates and companies, but gave Marty at Trident a call last year to get his take on my situation.  He put me in touch with Jon Kulak.  In the meantime, I spoke with SEVERAL other companies.  As other BO posters have stated, Jon and his team hit it out of the park.  They constantly kept me and my builder on track, which is difficult to do with some builders who are inexperienced with the VA/FHA process.  Jon, Bri, Lisa, and Taylor literally hand-carried my builder thru the process and we successfully closed last week.  Other items Jon and his team did...re-negotiated my rate, extended my lock, "translated" the VA paperwork between my builder and the Atlanta regional office, and constantly kept me on glideslope with the details that would otherwise derail most new-home purchases. 

Bottom line...Jon gets it and will get YOUR situation.  He's Air Force (MC-130s), SWA pilot, and most importantly a GREAT dude.  I don't know how many times he either called or returned my call during his turns out of ATL, BWI, AUS, MDW, etc.  He (and his team) will treat you like an all-star. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MEMguy said:

Just finished closing on our new construction home in Memphis, TN.  I'm recently retired and used a VA loan.  I searched around for a lot of rates and companies, but gave Marty at Trident a call last year to get his take on my situation.  He put me in touch with Jon Kulak.  In the meantime, I spoke with SEVERAL other companies.  As other BO posters have stated, Jon and his team hit it out of the park.  They constantly kept me and my builder on track, which is difficult to do with some builders who are inexperienced with the VA/FHA process.  Jon, Bri, Lisa, and Taylor literally hand-carried my builder thru the process and we successfully closed last week.  Other items Jon and his team did...re-negotiated my rate, extended my lock, "translated" the VA paperwork between my builder and the Atlanta regional office, and constantly kept me on glideslope with the details that would otherwise derail most new-home purchases. 

Bottom line...Jon gets it and will get YOUR situation.  He's Air Force (MC-130s), SWA pilot, and most importantly a GREAT dude.  I don't know how many times he either called or returned my call during his turns out of ATL, BWI, AUS, MDW, etc.  He (and his team) will treat you like an all-star. 

Thanks man minus the MC-130 insult...don't lump us gunship guys in with them;)  I definitely enjoyed working with you too and am happy we were able to get your family into a great place with a great deal.  Let me know if you need anything in the future.  

Cheers!

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on how much the effects of the federal rate cut are having? What’s the change in the average VA loan?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xaarman said:

Any idea on how much the effects of the federal rate cut are having? What’s the change in the average VA loan?

 

That's a great question that I've been getting a lot over the last couple days.  This article explains it best but the bottom line is the fed controls short term lending not long term lending and mortgages follow the trend of the 10yr treasury bond.  The bond bottomed out a couple weeks ago when we hit a low of 2.875% on 30yr VAs and rates are back to 3.25%ish but it's always fluctuating everyday.  The bond was as low as 1.43% but its back to 1.77% which is a significant short term rise and thus the mortgage rate rise.  The bond drops when investors moving out of the stock market and into bonds for security during the "sky is falling" events.  The increase demand for bonds results in the  bond paying lower yields thus mortgage rates paying less to investors in mortgage based securities (MBS).  MBS are where every normal loan ends up that is originated in the country regardless of who the lender is.

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/consumer_rates/922003.aspx

Hope that helps!
Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...