Baseops Forums

On 11/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, vfr said:

To be honest, I didn't do much research on other lenders since Trident had received so many positive reviews on this forum and I felt that I'd probably be in good hands going with them.  My expectations were completely validated and I will absolutely go back to Trident whenever we end up buying again.  Although I mainly worked with Jon, Lisa and Bri were also great to work with and I'm sure that would apply to everyone else on the Trident team.  With that being said, Jon also recommended Serena (retired Air Force and forum member) as a realtor and she was amazing.  If you are ever thinking of buying a house in Hurby/Eglin area, you should definitely reach out to Serena.  This was our first time working with a realtor so I have nothing else to compare her by but she far exceeded all of our expectations.  Just like Jon, she worked day and night to ensure that everything went smoothly and gave us great advice throughout the entire process.  Jon, the Trident team, and Serena, we can't thank you guys enough for all of the hard work you put in to make this process go about as smoothly as we could have hoped for.  Thanks for everything!

Thank you!  Bri and Lisa are the real brains behind the operation.  They do a great job handling all the paperwork and smoothing things over with the underwriters.  Serena is a great realtor and her husband is also retired AF/airline pilot so they definitely get the unique military/pilot challenges.  I'd highly recommend Serena to anyone PCSing to Hurby or Eglin.  Hit me up if you want her contact info.  

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

p.s. I wrote another article for Aero Crew News on interest rate myths if anyone is interested (page 26-27)

https://www.aerocrewnews.com/acn/2018/11-ACN-Nov-2018.pdf

2019 Conforming Loan Limits are now posted and it is a healthy increase.  GNMA (VA) is expected to update their limits to match soon! 

Most areas are increasing from $453,100 to $484,350.  High cost areas went from $679,650 to $726,525!  

This translates to higher non-jumbo loan amount thresholds for conventional borrowers (generally better rate pricing, smaller down payment requirements and kinder qualification parameters with a NON-jumbo/conforming loan) and potential higher limits for 100%/NO money down financing with VA once they follow suit!

Here is a link with more details:

https://www.fanniemae.com/singlefamily/loan-limits

PM me to see how this may impact your financing! 

Most areas are increasing from $453,100 to $484,350.  High cost areas went from $679,650 to $726,525!  

Thanks for sharing Amy! I’m sure the VA will follow suit in the new couple weeks too.

In addition to raising the limit it also gives you more buying power if you need a second VA loan. For example if your first VA loan was for $200K, you will now be able to rent your first property out and get a second VA loan on a new property for up to $284,350 with zero down.

Same situation but you’re buying in a high rent district and the county limit is 726k you can get a second use VA for up to 526k with zero down.

If the house costs more than the entitlement you have left then you just need to put down 25% of the difference between the purchase price and the entitlement you have left.

Cheers!
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any recommendations for lenders in WA? We’re moving to Fairchild and are looking to buy with a builder. The builder gets a construction loan and we do a normal home mortgage from what they told me. Looking for great rates and easy to work with. 

Looking for great rates and easy to work with. 

We’d be happy to help you! We’re .5% lower than the 2 biggest VA lenders in the country when I checked their websites on Fri. Give Jon a call (850-377-1114 or jk@mythl.com) and he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Marty

1 minute ago, Marty - Trident Home Loans said:

We’d be happy to help you! We’re .5% lower than the 2 biggest VA lenders in the country when I checked their websites on Fri. Give Jon a call (850-377-1114 or jk@mythl.com) and he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Marty

I’ll give him a shout, thanks!

Another great recommendation for Marty, Jon, Lisa, and Bri at Trident. They did a fantastic job and everything was easy.

I have done two loans with NBOKC with Dave Devine in the past (they were also great), but decided to give Marty and the gang a try this time around. No issues and I highly recommend them!