New BAH rates are out.

Loach

• 3 weeks later...

Pro-tip if this gets passed:  

1.  Buy the same house you would buy anyway.

2.  Create an LLC, transfer title of the house into the company.  

2a. (Optional) Name a friend as an employee, pay them a nominal sum if it makes you feel better.

3.  Sign a contract between yourself and the company, agreeing to rent the house from the company.  

4.  Profit... 100% legally.

• Upvote 2

https://news.usni.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SECDEF_NDAA_Letter.pdf#viewer.action=download
It's a great read and I encourage everyone to look at the full document.

Highlights SECDEF Carter letter to SASC Chairman regarding NDAA, 13 Jul 2016

If a bill is presented to the President in the current form of either version of the NDAA, I will join with the President's other senior advisors in recommending that he veto the legislation. I am, however, hopeful that you will address the Department's concerns during your conference negotiations.

[...]
The Department strongly objects to provisions in the House and Senate bills which do not authorize an additional BRAC round.
[...]
The Department urges the adoption of the Senate position on the military pay raise and strongly objects to the House language in section 601 that would remove the alternate pay-setting authority provided to the President in permanent law. A 1.6 percent pay raise represents the best judgment of our military and civilian leaders on how to balance responsible compensation increases with our readiness and modernization needs.
[...]
The Department maintains its strong objection to Senate section 604. This provision undermines the current BAH structure by basing the allowance solely on grade and location (disregarding dependency status). It would reinstate previously failed policies and require the imposition of a burdensome and inefficient administrative process. Furthermore, it would disproportionately affect female service members and those military families in which both military members have chosen to serve their country. [...] Finally, this provision would have a negative impact on the recruitment and retention of the high-quality service members, and families, required for our all-volunteer force.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Down $168/month. Not surprising considering oil prices are depressed and AK can't figure out how to finance government without tapping into Permanent Fund Savings. Economics/government fail when you need one commodity at $90/barrel to finance your government. 

Down $3 for O-3 in Vegas and O-4 dropped $18. I'll barely make enough BAH to cover my rent AFTER I get promoted. Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAH doesn't come close to covering my rent in Vegas. I like the high end strippers instead of the living walking distance to the strippers on Craig.