Casket photo sparks outrage

afnav

Wow. Just wow. that photo make me very sad.

Y'all have got a leadership problem.

David E. Smith, spokesman for the training command, told Air Force Times that the commander of the 37th Training Group at Lackland, Col. Gregory Reese, was “obviously displeased.”

If I was Greg Reese, I think I'd be a little bit more than displeased. I think every NCO in that photo would be locked the fuck up awaiting their article 32 hearing.

Edited by LJDRVR

Guest Hueypilot812

I do not understand the gestures or the text. What is their point with this picture, other than to be disrespectful to the dead?

I don't get it.

Wow. Shameful.

I might be out of the loop on terminal leave, but is this fucking real?

http://usnews.msnbc....igation-outrage

I don't get it.

This is a graduation picture of the newest class of Air Transportation (2T2X1) airman (not loggies, sorry for being a dick Toro). I had my picture taken behind that very same "C-130" four years ago. And I see my instructor in that picture.

I do not understand the gestures or the text. What is their point with this picture, other than to be disrespectful to the dead?

Again, the "point" is a class graduation photo. You can see their class number in the top left part of the picture. With regards to the casket, I've got no defense for that. Tasteless.

I have no clue what the gestures are.

With regards to the text, each class is told to come up with something to put at the bottom on the picture. They always seemed to have the common thready of being lazy. My guess: "Da dumpt da dumpt... sucks to be you" strikes me as the sound your bags make as we're slinging them around, and what is subsequently said about those who put expensive crap in soft carry on bags.

Big Blue is not repping itself well these days.

Edited by Port Dog

With regards to the text, each class is told to come up with something to put at the bottom on the picture. They always seemed to have the common thready of being lazy. My guess: "Da dumpt da dumpt... sucks to be you" strikes me as the sound your bags make as we're slinging them around, and what is subsequently said about those who put expensive crap in soft carry on bags.

Great, so you're saying said former instructor is really instilling a sense of pride and professionalism into these jackass Airmen. Like the Terrazzo gap at the zoo, there's an ever-growing gap between those who do and those who "support"!

To me, the gestures apear to be the crossed arms of the dead and the picture was meant to be some sick, twisted celebration of the fact that the participants are alive, unlike the occupants of the caskets they handle. Perhaps they are playing on some inside joke, but that picture goes beyond tasteless and into the realm of "your career is over."

And it should be. Every NCO in that photograph had an opportunity to do the right thing and be respectful of the dead.

You don't need "people" like those. They deserve every bad thing that comes their way.

I don't always agree with Rainmain, but he's spot on here. Get the bats. Drop those fuckers off at the enlisted club at Ft. Bragg with that photo stapled to their uniform and nature will take care of the rest.

Edited by LJDRVR

Wow. Shameful.

This is a graduation picture of the newest class of Air Transportation (2T2X1) airman (not loggies, sorry for being a dick Toro). I had my picture taken behind that very same "C-130" four years ago. And I see my instructor in that picture.

Again, the "point" is a class graduation photo. You can see their class number in the top left part of the picture. With regards to the casket, I've got no defense for that. Tasteless.

This is a failure of leadership, my last assignment was at an RTU and DO and/or CC would start killing Flt/CCs and the ADOs if they let a class post something like that as a grad picture (even in the bar). There's funny and pushing the limits, and then there's just being classless and offensive.

If I was Greg Reese, I think I'd be a little bit more than displeased. I think every NCO in that photo would be locked the fuck up awaiting their article 32 hearing.

As a former NCO (yeah, I was prior), I will tell you there isn't one real NCO in that picture. Some may be wearing the stripes, but they aren't NCOs...

What kills me is that there are fucking Chiefs running around correcting people on 35-10 (36-something something these days), morale patches and reflective belts, but apparently don't have their own troops straight.

I wonder how much of a crack-down there is going to be as a result of this? Seriously, Big Blue shit its pants about a Gold Bond video from Korea; this deserves a much bigger hammer...

As a former NCO (yeah, I was prior), I will tell you there isn't one real NCO in that picture. Some may be wearing the stripes, but they aren't NCOs...

You know, you're absolutely right. I think you and I went to BMTS about the same time, Max.

Edited by LJDRVR

Facebook is the greatest force shaping tool in the history of the Air Force.

I will tell you there isn't one real NCO in that picture. Some may be wearing the stripes, but they aren't NCOs...

A product of the mathematical enigma that is the WAPS score. Go back on all these asshats' past EPRs and I will bet you they are all 5s. Most career fields have promotion cutoff scores of 320+ and the EPR's give them 135pts right out of the gate. Keep promoting ~25% of E5's and ~55% of E4's, watering down the roles of responsibility, and stuff like this happens.

Final Thought: The biggest clowns associated with this cluster are the ones you don't see in the photo.

Edited by DocHolliday7283

What kills me is that there are fucking Chiefs E-9's running around correcting people on 35-10 (36-something something these days), morale patches and reflective belts, but apparently don't have their own troops straight.

Fixed it for you man. These days the Air Force reminds me of this poster...

demotivators_leaders.jpg?width=400&height=335