Tim Tebow (NSFW)

Danger41

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. As if praying publically really effects you? And if it does you may want to look a little closer at why that offends you.

It doesn't offend me at all, I just kind of shrug it off. Believe what you want to, but don't throw it in my face is what I'm saying. Tebow doesn't really bother me that much, but I occasionally get this Karmic sense humor when these people are found to be something absolutely awful (e.g. Ted Haggard).

And dude, silently praying in public is no where near the same thing as being a gay.

Didn't say that either. I pray in public all the time, but I don't make it a spectacle. I'll explain this analogy a little further. A great friend of mine, who happens to be gay, does not throw the fact that he is in peoples' faces all the time, while some do. Anyone who does that bothers me a little, but I just change the channel.

Summation: He's a great football player, but I don't like his delivery.

• Upvote 1

Not as bad of a technique as repeatedly calling out Rainman while being a teenage girl commenting on the NFL, but close.

This is why I love reading any thread where Masshole thinks she knows it all....also known as any thread Masshole posts in. I'd love to see if that attitude survives IF she ever gets in the AF.

I know this because I have talked to someone that works very closely with the NFL. They have been taking more cheap shots as an attempt to get on the highlight reel. I play sports and I am an aggressive and competitive person on the field. I would love to lay some people out, but that is not acceptable and it is not even tolerable. Go ahead and justify James Harrison's style of play. Please tell me how that is playing football like a professional.

Great source...

But in case you didn't know IT IS A CONTACT SPORT! I do justify it, he plays hard with intensity. He is hitter and is getting condemned for it from people like yourself (who never played). He is doing what he is paid to do, and I really don't think he is out to put people in the hospital and end careers.

But if you are trying to say, let's tell everyone in the NFL that they can "hit their opponents, just not too hard, because that not acceptable." Well, that's nonsense.

When it comes to him "intentionally" breaking the rules, I don' think it is intentional. I would have a hard time believing that a competitor with the aggressiveness of Harrison is thinking about whether or not this hit will be "legal" the .25 seconds before it happens. I think he gets caught up in the intensity of the game because of his playmaker attitude. However, I do think he should just admit that he ######s up when he does have an illegal hit though. He doesn't and I think this brought on a lot of shit for him and really put him under the microscope.

And agree with a lot of what danger said.

Not as bad of a technique as repeatedly calling out Rainman while being a teenage girl commenting on the NFL, but close.

Not calling him out, just talking to him the way he talks to me.

I don't think that anyone should comment on how to play a game if they have never played it before. Commenting on professionalism is one thing, but talking about how to play the game is asinine. This is why I think that the drive to get more women into a football broadcasting booth is stupid as hell. There is SO MUCH more to football than most fans know, and learning that is done by spending hours and hours on a practice field and in meeting rooms and in film study. Not watching a football game or two a week. In college, I spent almost 40 hours a week just on football stuff. That is why former players make the best broadcasters and can give actual good insight to the game instead of "nice run!"

Most of my information comes from people I have talked to that have played the game at the professional level, and that is what I used to shape my opinion while I watch the game. There are many people that agree that football is taking a turn for the worse when it comes to professionalism and playing clean. You are making a big deal about me making comments about football, yet you do not seem to disagree with me about Harrison and the way he tackles.

This is why I love reading any thread where Masshole thinks she knows it all....also known as any thread Masshole posts in. I'd love to see if that attitude survives IF she ever gets in the AF.

No sir. I do not think that I know it all, but that is the kind of negative perception placed upon certain people when they comment on things others do not like the specific person talking about.

Great source...

But in case you didn't know IT IS A CONTACT SPORT! I do justify it, he plays hard with intensity. He is hitter and is getting condemned for it from people like yourself (who never played). He is doing what he is paid to do, and I really don't think he is out to put people in the hospital and end careers.

But if you are trying to say, let's tell everyone in the NFL that they can "hit their opponents, just not too hard, because that not acceptable." Well, that's nonsense.

When it comes to him "intentionally" breaking the rules, I don' think it is intentional. I would have a hard time believing that a competitor with the aggressiveness of Harrison is thinking about whether or not this hit will be "legal" the .25 seconds before it happens. I think he gets caught up in the intensity of the game because of his playmaker attitude. However, I do think he should just admit that he ######s up when he does have an illegal hit though. He doesn't and I think this brought on a lot of shit for him and really put him under the microscope.

And agree with a lot of what danger said.

Me, NFL players, the commisioner, and owners. You are the minority that does not think James Harrison is a dirty player. He is there with Albert Haynesworth, Ndamukong Suh, Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, ect. I am not saying NFL players should not hit their opponents hard. I am saying they should do it within the rules and not intent on ruining another player's career. That is how James Harrison plays and it is becoming more prevalent in football.

Not calling him out, just talking to him the way he talks to me.

Not that Rainman needs defending, but he wasn't denigrating you with his replies...just being blunt and offering instruction--the way it should be done in the flying world. Also, even if Rainman was disrespectful, you won't bolster your argument by writing in a similar fashion. Doing so just comes across as quibbling and after a short period, people tune out.

Not that Rainman needs defending, but he wasn't denigrating you with his replies...just being blunt and offering instruction--the way it should be done in the flying world. Also, even if Rainman was disrespectful, you won't bolster your argument by writing in a similar fashion. Doing so just comes across as quibbling and after a short period, people tune out.

Fair enough, but that I do not see. I see someone trying to say my opinion does not matter.

WalterPayton.jpg

Nuff said

Hallelujah!

Football is a game played over 4 quarters, not one, and that's something Timmeh hasn't done yet - play at a good performance level over the entire course of a game.

People keep saying this sort of thing. As soon as playoff teams are chosen based upon 2nd quarter performace, you may have a point. Nobody gives a shit how the team did during the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. It matters that they win. Period.

I understand what you're saying, but if the team wins (and wins a lot) who cares how they get there.

Who cares about Tim Tebow's religion and the way he expresses it? This is America, right? Let him do his thing.

The great Brian Urlacher put it best. "Tim Tebow is an excellent running back."

And to switch gears and talk about the best team in the world besides the Cubs...I'm sad to see Caleb Hanie drag what was once a team in playoff contention into the gutter. And that everyone else allowing him to do it through their costly mistakes and poorly executed play.

I don't think that anyone should comment on how to play a game if they have never played it before.

Interesting philosophical argument here...unless you have personally experienced a thing you should not comment on any aspect of it.

Tosh said it best on Tebow, with a close second place to Urlacher.

Interesting philosophical argument here...unless you have personally experienced a thing you should not comment on any aspect of it.

Didn't say don't comment on any aspect. Just don't comment on the "how to" if you have never done. IMHO, it's just like a guy commenting on the best way to provide airlift in a C-17 if all he's done is fly Hogs.

And to switch gears and talk about the best team in the world besides the Cubs...I'm sad to see Caleb Hanie drag what was once a team in playoff contention into the gutter. And that everyone else allowing him to do it through their costly mistakes and poorly executed play.

That is precisely the way I would describe the second-best team in the world- right behind the one that has not won a championship in 103 years. The best team in the world is 19-9-1 with two goalies with ~.930 SV%

Clueless? I know a great deal about the sport. Thank you very much.

Nope. Not true.

Kind of like making up an arbitrary figure like HUNDREDS.

10 offensive linemen per team x 32 teams x 0.67 = HUNDREDS

Fist-pumping and dancing because you blocked someone from sacking the QB is retarded if you are on the offensive line.

Why is that, exactly?

How do you know I do not have "relationships" with professional players?

Because of the things you say.

And what experience do you have playing professional football? Puh-lease.

Really? Your lack of SA is showing.

But in no way, shape, or form are you an authority on the NFL. Why do you think you are?

LOL

In college, I spent almost 40 hours a week just on football stuff.

This.

drive THROUGH the ball carrier (most often screwed up)

Shack. Aim for a point three feet past the intended target and snot will blow, that's a fact.

A technique that applies to just about everything in life.

Tebow seems like a good dude, but he's far from a great QB, which makes the meadia's slobbering all over his nuts (especially here in Denver) a little hard to take (sts). I just hope the Pats put Denver to shame so I can turn on ESPN and go without hearing how he is one of the greatest closers of all time.

• Upvote 1

Why is that, exactly?

No one should celebrate something if it is part of their job description.

I just hope the Pats put Denver to shame so I can turn on ESPN and go without hearing how he is one of the greatest closers of all time.

They will discuss how the Broncos team fell apart, but Tebow still had "a good showing." And I am not confident the Pats will beat them. The Colts game was scary because they almost choked to them and they gave up almost 30 points to the Redskins. It does not look good for us in New England, but hopefully the Pats beat the Broncos. Imagine the coverage on Tebow if they he upsets New England.

Edited by Masshole

I know, right!?!? Only a douchebag would do that.

post-14561-0-68727200-1323912955_thumb.j

Is that the same as making gratuitous reactions of machismo after simply tackling someone you are paid millions of dollars to tackle? Maybe I am not wording this right, but I highly doubt Robin Olds would behave in such a way unless it was warranted.

No one should celebrate something if it is part of their job description.

UFB.

Right, so that was my point about offensive linemen representing the hundreds of quiet professionals in the NFL when you claimed there was no such thing. Do some tape review and see if you can pinpoint where you lost SA.

In spite of always trying to prove you're the smartest person in the room you continue to reveal yourself as a super dumbass on this topic.

So, is this the part where we all wait and see if you just keep talking (stuck mic) about how there are no quiet professionals in the NFL and brag about how much you know about football or if you STFU about the stuff you don't know and stick to the stuff you do...like Two, MAYDAY and BINGO.

I agree, it is interesting. But not profoundly so.

And, FWIW, I'm not sure he said "any aspect of it."

What I got was don't comment on how to play if you've never played.

How about this...if you do elect to provide opinion and judgement you should be damn careful unless you want to look foolish.

Technique only.

I highly doubt Robin Olds would behave in such a way unless it was warranted.

Obviously, you never met Robin Olds. I wish you had.

I hated him when he was a UF. I'm a cynical bastardo for the most part and his life was a little to idealistic to be real to me. Starting QB, Heisman winner, two national champs, blames himself for season's only loss, tells fans they deserve better and that he will be better and promises a championship, and then he delivers it. The dude has zero personal flaws. No speeding tickets, drug charges, not even a baby-momma floating around.

But, his pro career has been a different story. Who doesn't enjoy a good underdog story? Also, I use him as an example of where hard work, self-confidence, and a never say quit attitude to my kids. I do wish however, that he could pass the pigskin better.

For those not in the know, Tebow, by way of Skip Bayless, has been the number one story on ESPN, First Take for roughly 6 weeks now. In the style of "Hide yo' wife..." here's a remix of Skip's man-crush on Tebow.

Edited by GKinnear