Tim Tebow (NSFW)

Danger41

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just rubs me the wrong way (sts) with his excessive religious talk and in-your-face wholesomeness. But it seems genuine and I'm sure he's a fine, upstanding young man who also happens to crush skulls on the football field. The MFer doesn't do anything but win so good on him for that and he has my respect in that regard, even if he does throw the ball like a 13 year old girl a lot of the time.

Also, this.

tebowing.png

Which lead to...

tumblr_luudoh04gb1r5ubj1o1_500.jpg

"Under the SeaBowing"

Edited by nsplayr

He just rubs me the wrong way (sts) with his excessive religious talk and in-your-face wholesomeness.

Why is being wholesome wrong? I'm not saying you said that, but it seems more people deride Tebow for his values than they deride genuinely deserving players like Roethlisberger (accused of sexual assault), Ray Lewis (implicated in a murder), or the many self-aggrandizing players just to name a few. Sure he's vocal about his beliefs, but the actions (or alleged actions) of the aforementioned others speak just as loudly of their values without the accompanying vocal cacophony.

Edited: Grammar

Edited by Muscle2002
  • Upvote 2

I don't think he'll ever be a top tier QB in the NFL because he is slow in reading defenses and can't pass the ball very well downfield but what he does bring is a passion for the game and a winning attitude and that is definately working in Denver right now.

Edited by Tank

Not sure why the media and everyone is keying in on his sideline prayers - pro athletes have been praying after touchdowns for many years, yet Tebow is the first to actually be seen in a negative light for praying? Maybe if he had multiple DUIs and illegal firearm charges like most of the stars he'd be more warmly received.

• Upvote 2

Not sure why the media and everyone is keying in on his sideline prayers

I am not very religious anymore, but I grew up going to sunday school for the majority of my younger years. I remember hearing how one should "pray" and it was never supposed to be in public "beating your chest". It was better to pray in private and just be humble in your everyday life. Not saying he shouldn't be proud of his faith, and good on him for winning. I just don't find actions like that very genuine. It seems more like a showoff type of thing to do.

It's kind of like having someone you work with who is incredibly proud of being gay. They can go on all day long about how great it is to suck some c&ck, but I really don't want to hear about it or see it.

I am not very religious anymore, but I grew up going to sunday school for the majority of my younger years. I remember hearing how one should "pray" and it was never supposed to be in public "beating your chest". It was better to pray in private and just be humble in your everyday life. Not saying he shouldn't be proud of his faith, and good on him for winning. I just don't find actions like that very genuine. It seems more like a showoff type of thing to do.

It's kind of like having someone you work with who is incredibly proud of being gay. They can go on all day long about how great it is to suck some c&ck, but I really don't want to hear about it or see it.

I bet you were raised Catholic right?

We almost had him today, until their ######ing kicker landed two 50+ yard field goals...

Still, gotta give credit where credit is due, he's smart in the hole, and a good QB all around... Good to see he has some moral fiber, and not an ego problem like many professional ball players.

Edited by Grind

One does wonder how much God really cares about the outcome of this play of a football game.

Unbelievable. As if praying publically really effects you? And if it does you may want to look a little closer at why that offends you.

You misinterpret the passage, it refers to loudly talking about how awesome you are and how you are so much more of a public servant, not simply praying, silently, in public.

And dude, silently praying in public is no where near the same thing as being a gay.

This country has come a long way from where we used to be if this is a controversy and good military guys are taking the side of the Michael moore types (not saying you specifically are Fud.)

• Upvote 2

If he gets on bended knee in front of people all day every day whenever he believes a prayer has been answered or when he wants to give thanks...then I would say what he is doing is perfectly natural.

If the only time he does this is when he has millions of people watching him...then I think it is not inappropriate to ask a question.

If the only time he does this is when he has millions of people watching him...then I think it is not inappropriate to ask a question.

Why? If someone does a dance in the endzone after scoring a touchdown or dances over the qb after sacking him, would that also cause you to ask a question? I'm curious why a person's expression of religious faith on the football field would wield scrutiny while other demonstrations of joy/celebration do not.

Guest Hueypilot812

Hmmm...I wouldn't equate praying for strength or whatever it is he prays for to performing homosexual sex acts...I mean, really?

I'm personally a more privately religious person, but I find it strange that so many people key in on his religiousness and seem to be offended by it to the point that they get upset. Never mind that there are so many thugs in sports today...no one really seems to care about that because it's "normal". I'd much rather have my kids emulate Tebow's actions than some of his fellow professional athletes.

• Upvote 2

If someone does a dance in the endzone after scoring a touchdown or dances over the qb after sacking him, would that also cause you to ask a question?

You're fucking right it does.

I'm curious why a person's expression of religious faith on the football field would wield scrutiny while other demonstrations of joy/celebration do not.

Calm down Reverend.

Other demonstrations "wield scrutiny" aplenty. Many fans are disgusted by what they see today. I am.

Did anyone see Brandon Jacobs last night? What a douche. And I hate the Cowboyz.

I can remember when the the bullshit these players do today would've been met with an envelope with their final paycheck in the locker and their gear in a bag. I remember when coaches made it known that no one is allowed to wear white shoes or even have a heater on the sidelines when it is -30 outside. "End zone celebrations" of any kind were not even on the table for discussion. It was pretty clear how you should act after you make it into the end zone...like you've been there before.

bud-grant.jpg?w=416&h=500

vincelombardi.jpg

Edited by Rainman A-10

Why? If someone does a dance in the endzone after scoring a touchdown or dances over the qb after sacking him, would that also cause you to ask a question? I'm curious why a person's expression of religious faith on the football field would wield scrutiny while other demonstrations of joy/celebration do not.

I guess because you kind of expect that sort of religious faith to carry over into other areas of a guy's life. If he is only putting on these displays in front of the cameras on Sunday, one has to wonder if it is due to his faith, or because he wants to be seen as a good guy.

It doesn't bother me either way. I'd much rather he pray after each touchdown, even if it is just a show, than behave like some of the other douchebags in the NFL.

Finally, the touchdown dance doesn't come under scrutiny because it's expected. It's normal. This kind of public prayer is, like it or not, out of the norm for most Americans, even the devoutly religious ones.