Saddle up for Syria? Or Op Deny Christmas '13

brickhistory

If that's true I guess we are about to find out just how thick that red line wrt to chem weapons really is.

Iraq used chem weapons and we didn't invade for 13 more years (also something that people who claim it was an invented war from made up political intel conveniently forget). That red line is really more of a general guideline...

Like Windshear said, seems like this must have been a false report, or greatly exaggerated (tear gas maybe?), as no major outlet is carrying the story. As Patton said 'never believe the first report you hear, especially if it happened at night.'

The “poisonous material” was deployed by government warplanes, Haaretz reported, citing a rebel statement. The Assad regime, meanwhile, is blaming the rebels for the attack.

Al Jazeera posted two videos it said were obtained from “a field clinic in the city.” The graphic videos appear to depict gasping victims of what could be construed as a nerve agent attack. However, the origins and contents of these videos have yet to be verified by other sources.

U.S. officials note that several things about the video are inconsistent with a sarin strike. There are complaints of strong smells; sarin is odorless. There are reports that the victims inhaled large amounts of the chemical; a minuscule of amount of inhaled sarin can be fatal.

“It just doesn’t jibe with chemical weapons,” one U.S. official tells Danger Room.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12/did-syria-just-use-nerve-gas/

• 3 months later...

and nothing has happened (response wise).

Go figure.

We have had a contingent of folks in southern Jordan for quite some time working with some of the elements of the FSA. A comprehensive understanding of the elements at work can be found in a publication that was released by the Institute for the Study of War (ISW). That doesn't discuss the FID team that was sent in October though.

Saw on foxnews about 30 minutes that Israel bombed Syrian weapons facilities tonight. Can't find any other info on it. Has anyone else seen this?

Similar on CNN. Just the standard U.S. officials who can't comment on the topic commenting, they're saying attack happened without flying into Syria. Nothing on BBC.

According to Sen. McCain, the president "wrote the red line in disappearing ink". I for one am not complaining last thing I want to do is go fight a third war, let alone in MOPP 4.

According to Sen. McCain, the president "wrote the red line in disappearing ink". I for one am not complaining last thing I want to do is go fight a third fourth war, let alone in MOPP 4.

OOD/OUP...no big deal.

We've all been complaining for years now about endless missions supporting OIF and OEF, so who in their right mind wants more missions? Arabs killing Arabs in Arab countries is not my problem in any way.

• Upvote 1

We've all been complaining for years now about endless missions supporting OIF and OEF, so who in their right mind wants more missions? Arabs killing Arabs in Arab countries is not my problem in any way.

I see someone hasn't read their copy of the NSS lately!