T-6s Grounded

Archa3opt3ryx

Guest Scaredfuzz

From what we've been told here at Vance, is it takes 6 hours minimum per aircraft to inspect for the problem, no counting time to fix the problem if found. So hopefully the maintenance guys here are pressing hard this weekend, but even still it could be a couple days before they are full up again.

From what we've been told here at Vance, is it takes 6 hours minimum per aircraft to inspect for the problem, no counting time to fix the problem if found. So hopefully the maintenance guys here are pressing hard this weekend, but even still it could be a couple days before they are full up again.

The T-6 had a CFS issue around June 2010 when they grounded the whole fleet and made it sound like it was possibly weeks or months before studs would fly again esp to get some elusive part from the manufacturer. Everyone was back up the next week.

No worries, back when we lost those two 38s w/in a week, we were down for a while. No big deal...they'll just roll graduation back as required (two months for my class).

Oh we'll make the timeline, even if we have to fly every weekend to do it.

They threatened us with that too...never happened.

Edited by SocialD

I heard there is a Tweetapalooza going down at DM tomorrow night and UPT will resume NLT Tues 20 Sept via T-37's. Any truth to that?

Yup... we're all going back to tweets... they figure it's basically the same thing so we don't need to do any additional academics or anything.

As for the student pilot, he's a friend of mine, I told him to quit breakin airplanes so I can get my dollar ride already... but yeah, some crazy control issues fo sho.

Guest Bill Lumbergh

I heard there is a Tweetapalooza going down at DM tomorrow night and UPT will resume NLT Tues 20 Sept via T-37's. Any truth to that?

Don't I wish...If you've been to DM in the last year, you might have noticed how quickly they are disappearing from the boneyard. Almost all of the tails from VN and most of the XL tails were gone when I was last there, with more on the way out every week. Three whole rows disappeared during my last deployment alone. Last I heard, they also had stopped the FCFs for the foreign military sales program, so I think it will be a long time before we hear that airplane flying over CONUS any time soon.

Guest Scaredfuzz

The T-6 had a CFS issue around June 2010 when they grounded the whole fleet and made it sound like it was possibly weeks or months before studs would fly again esp to get some elusive part from the manufacturer. Everyone was back up the next week.

No worries, back when we lost those two 38s w/in a week, we were down for a while. No big deal...they'll just roll graduation back as required (two months for my class).

Yeah I realize that the timeline is pretty subjective, just relaying what was passed to us. And I sure hope we don't get grounded that long to have to be rolled backed.

Yeah I realize that the timeline is pretty subjective, just relaying what was passed to us. And I sure hope we don't get grounded that long to have to be rolled backed.

Rolling back a class or two is the least of your problems. You should worry about retaining what you have already learned first.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Guest Scaredfuzz

Rolling back a class or two is the least of your problems. You should worry about retaining what you have already learned first.

That is very true, not so concerned really with getting rolled back, it would suck but it sucks even more being out of the aircraft. Oh well looks like there's not gonna be an excuse for not knowing GK :thumbsup: