Palace Front

TAMP eligibility is determined by your SPD (Sep Program Designator) code on your sep orders. The Airman and Fam Readiness Ctr can translate. Have MPF get this right the first time vs amendments.

Quick story: The week before I was supposed to start terminal, my kid was hospitalized all the way through my guard transition and then some. I know you're concern, mine's worth well over $1M at 10 months old-- I've read "The Book" on TRICARE. DEERS was a headache. 30 days is the window for retroactive enrollment, and it almost took me that long to get DEERS unscrewed. TRS was a good interim option for my family until I got the TAMP thing sorted out (a whole other story)... And once you figure that out, plan on falling off the face of the earth again (as far as DEERS and TRICARE are concerned) once you get back on orders in your ANG unit. Title 10 orders will turn off your TAMP (family included), if that's a factor for you. Good luck-

I thought it was based of no break in service--I just looked through this chart my code is FBK-completion of required active service--hence I'm palace front.

"http://veterancourtcodes.com/vccpdf/SPD%20Code%20Final%20Nov%2017,%2009%20(Webpage%20Version).pdf"

above is a link to the codes--copy and paste

there is no code that says you get TAMP

Edited by elcam

I thought it was based of no break in service--I just looked through this chart my code is FBK-completion of required active service--hence I'm palace front.

"http://veterancourtcodes.com/vccpdf/SPD%20Code%20Final%20Nov%2017,%2009%20(Webpage%20Version).pdf"

above is a link to the codes--copy and paste

there is no code that says you get TAMP

That pdf is from 2009, and not exactly all-inclusive. (My code isn't even on that file.)

I got TAMP by getting my SPD code changed, but whatever route works for you...

• 3 years later...

I just got off the phone with the Palace Chase/Front office. Apparently there are a few PAS codes that they use as place holders. The buckley is one as well as a Randolph and a Denver one. They use them to prevent records from falling out of the system if a gaining unit has a delay in processing the guy into the unit.

Glad I found this. I've got Buckley info in for my gaining PAS code, although that not correct. Thanks answering that question. BODN is the shit, once again.

• 5 months later...

BODN braintrust,

Recently separated AD guy who just swore in to a TR gig. No break in service, but obviously I'm waiting for the orders and appointment letter to catch up. Based on the most recent AF guidance, completion of your commitment WITH NO break in service directly into a Reserve spot makes you TAMP eligible.

I called the DEERS folks to square away some benefits issues, and the SPD code came up. I have an email train from the myPers folks saying that I would leave AD with a TAMP-ineligible SPD... and it would stay that way until my gaining Reserve unit inprocessed me and verified that I had no break in service.

Big question: How did you go about getting your SPD code changed (or 214, if necessary) once you were gained? Or how did you "verify" that you were actually eligible for TAMP?

Thanks, fellas.

edited for: words and such.

Edited by thud

I had similar problem, but I Palace Chased. I don't think you will have any luck getting the SPD code changed. That's generated from Randolph based on how you separated and you can't find any info on what SPD code means what. Only the idiots down there understand what the codes mean and they don't publish them. The dumbass GS-5 answering calls at the Total Force Center is zero help understanding your code or telling you how to get medical insurance for your family.

My entitlements were updated by my Reserve MPF (through MilPDS). They were only able to update it after I signed my Oath of Office, which MUST be dated the day after you separated from AD, and my 1288. After they update MilPDS it should flow to DEERS.

Bottom line: you won't have your eligibility updated until you have the oath of office and your MPF gains you and back dates your arrival to the day after you separated.

Good luck.

Edited by Go Falcons