Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Catbox

What's wrong with the Air Force?

Recommended Posts

Someone played one too many Apache Attack PlayStation games on EASY mode.

 

Why are you wasting your time here. You have so much to tell the guys at TCM.

 

Don’t forget your suit...

 

c954da4e47864be985bd56785ca7fb9d.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an 05 commission, I’ll admit I was intrigued by what this guy had to say for a while.  But now he’s either drinking too much, or a troll. Either way, Chang was way more entertaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You sound mad and a bit like an ignoramus if I must professionally say so myself. To say helos were ineffective at Bastion during an attack with zero visibility is shortsighted don't you think?

During a TIC not too far from an airbase in Afghanistan, the attack helos helped save my convoy. Happy? If they weren't at the AB there could have been a lot of injuries or casualties. A troop was shot in that same convoy a week later and I remember the pilot bursting out into tears after landing. So yes, I am going to disagree from experience.

Just shut uuuuuuuuuupppppp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I will shut up right after your mom zips up my fly. Oh, wait there it is....

Don't worry, I'll have her home at a decent time to make you Top Ramen for dinner my boy.

They teach you that "shut up" coping mechanism on the short bus? Good for you Homestar! Gold star.

HarleyQuinn is in time out.  The adults may continue their conversation.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FUSEPLUG said:

As an 05 commission, I’ll admit I was intrigued by what this guy had to say for a while.  But now he’s either drinking too much, or a troll. Either way, Chang was way more entertaining. 

Agreed.  He had some interesting tidbits in the PRF conversation, but he's sure an idiot when it comes to employing aircraft.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Toro said:

HarleyQuinn is in time out.  The adults may continue their conversation.

Is PYOB back?  The general profile seemed the same.  Weird, disjointed posts followed by childlike tantrums and personal threats when proven wrong by others.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is PYOB back?  The general profile seemed the same.  Weird, disjointed posts followed by childlike tantrums and personal threats when proven wrong by others.

It’s the ghost of BQzip... back to take his revenge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, nunya said:

They wouldn't notice, man.  Very few AF units are supported by AF flight ops.

Robin Olds told all other agencies on base if the flightline was open so are they. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Robin Olds told all other agencies on base if the flightline was open so are they. 

He'd get laughed at in today's AF if he tried to decree that.  Somebody with one more star would tell the support agencies they don't have to listen to the big mean fighter pilot man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But to point out - Robin Olds had to force his wing to support the operational mission.

Which means they weren't prior.

So today's attitude isn't new or going to change or be changed by those "hoping to make a difference."

talkingheads.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also didn’t just brow beat people because he was a fighter pilot and therefore better than them. He got the people working for him to buy into the mission and find importance and honor in their little piece of the pie. Aka, he led.

I’m assuming you guys are referring to his time leading the Wolfpack and the famous story about getting the SSgt maintainer paid. That’s a good story. Other ones that don’t make Olds look so great are his alcoholism, extramarital affairs, and poor flight discipline that got people killed. That, to me, is the true story of Robin Olds. A phenomenal leader with some pretty serious blemishes on his record but was able to put his immense martial talents to use and leave behind an amazing legacy. Unfortunately, I really don’t think he would’ve been able to make it nearly as far as he did in today’s climate. I wonder how many potential Robin Olds are sitting in the front of a Fed Ex/Airline X due to the myriad problems listed on this and other sites. It’s pretty sad, honestly.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danger41 said:

He also didn’t just brow beat people because he was a fighter pilot and therefore better than them. He got the people working for him to buy into the mission and find importance and honor in their little piece of the pie. Aka, he led.

I’m assuming you guys are referring to his time leading the Wolfpack and the famous story about getting the SSgt maintainer paid. That’s a good story. Other ones that don’t make Olds look so great are his alcoholism, extramarital affairs, and poor flight discipline that got people killed. That, to me, is the true story of Robin Olds. A phenomenal leader with some pretty serious blemishes on his record but was able to put his immense martial talents to use and leave behind an amazing legacy. Unfortunately, I really don’t think he would’ve been able to make it nearly as far as he did in today’s climate. I wonder how many potential Robin Olds are sitting in the front of a Fed Ex/Airline X due to the myriad problems listed on this and other sites. It’s pretty sad, honestly.

Airline X? You presume too much. Robin Olds would have failed the Hogan.😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MooseClub said:

^I remember when Ops, not MX, ran the flying schedule. 

Ops always won the scheduling meeting but shit happens. The flying schedule is ran by the airplane itself and supply. If it stays together it flies, but I always noticed on the last flight of the day it came back broke.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Ops always won the scheduling meeting but shit happens. The flying schedule is ran by the airplane itself and supply. If it stays together it flies, but I always noticed on the last flight of the day it came back broke.

I hate that, if it’s code 3 first go then it’s code 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

I hate that, if it’s code 3 first go then it’s code 3.

Code 2 FCR, still good for red...it's my last day out here for the month and I'm on probation.  We have a swing shift now...thanks AD for sending your LTs and some MX jobs.  


I feel like when people click on this thread, they should just be directed to the CC's dropping like flies thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matmacwc said:

I hate that, if it’s code 3 first go then it’s code 3.

Used to work transit alert, when a Sq of Navy jets came through just off a 9 month cruise, if I could get the engines started and serviced hydraulics they were a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×