Catbox

What's wrong with the Air Force?

Political leadership 101:  When you can't do something meaningful, do something visible. 

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 3

USFJ just added on a curfew of 0000-0500 for all military, in addition to the alcohol ban.  I never would have imagined I'd say this, but if anyone over there needs a little freedom come on out to Korea.  Soju flows freely til 0100!

zach braff

11 hours ago, joe1234 said:

This is an interesting conversation. The answer is, if you're in Okinawa, you're just a pawn in a much bigger game being played. The government of Japan wants us there but has to placate the Okinawans and convince their own citizens to look the other way. Committing a crime -- any crime -- makes them lose face. So, the U.S. does curfews and punishments. It saves face at the cost of pissing off the pawns who justifiably bitch about it being unfair, but they are pawns and who gives a shit what pawns think.

You guys complain about bad management and poor leaders, but the truth of the matter is, the vast majority of the military will eat shit and ask for seconds no matter how badly you treat them. You can't be that shocked that most leaders will take advantage of that fact.

You have been exposed to the wrong community of the military if you believe this.  The best officers I've served with have a lot of "fuck you and your fucking bullshit order" in them, and the best generals I have known, know this.

Apparently though, you cannot draw sky dicks.

Edited by matmacwc
  • Like 1

Those Growler bros who drew the sky dick messed up in their message.

Right away, it should have been a post on their social media:  "To show solidarity with the Movember movement, we did our part to raise awareness for men's health."

BOOM - it's a movement.  Use the social welfare BS when it suits you.  At trial:  "WHAT?  YOU'RE AGAINST MEN'S HEALTH???  GENDERIST!!!"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There it is: winner of the the dumbest fuckin rule of November, 2017.

So there I was, finishing up my go-to workout set of warm-up, weights, pool, sauna.  Like I've done a hundred times at this and other bases.  Gettin my sweat on, a 1ea kakis and polo pops her nugget in the sauna, looks over at me, "Excuse me, could you please put a shirt on?"   ...in the sauna?  Time for this but no time to have towels available?

Time to join the Y I guess.

1 hour ago, BFM this said:

There it is: winner of the the dumbest in rule of November, 2017.

So there I was, finishing up my go-to workout set of warm-up, weights, pool, sauna.  Like I've done a hundred times at this and other bases.  Gettin my sweat on, a 1ea kakis and polo pops her nugget in the sauna, looks over at me, "Excuse me, could you please put a shirt on?"   ...in the sauna?  Time for this but no time to have towels available?

Sounds to me you need to change your work out routine, so you get a different response next time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BFM this said:

There it is: winner of the the dumbest fuckin rule of November, 2017.

Was she hot?

Once had a girl tell me anything can be a d!ldo if you are brave enough.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy Spike said:

I also use the binary scale.  You should have told her she was overdressed and invited her in. 

2 minutes ago, nunya said:

I don't understand. If you can't harass someone when you're naked in a sauna, when can you?  

All of my favorite documentaries start out this way.

• Upvote 1

AFI 36-3003

4.1.1.7. Leave Begins and Ends in the Local Area. The local area is the place where the member lives and from which he or she commutes to the duty station. Charge leave forduty days and non-duty days (for example, Friday through Monday) when members take leave on the day before and the day after non-duty days. This applies to leave taken in the local area. Exception: When a member’s leave ends on a day before a non-duty day, the commander may authorize leave on the next duty day for an emergency situation and not charge leave for the non-duty days. If the member knew of the emergency situation before his or her departure on the original leave, charge the member leave for the weekend or other non-duty days.

TLDR: Can't take leave Fri and the following Monday without taking four days. Stupid rule.

Fraternization rules could use a lot of updating. Too much drama over nothing burgers in the military these days. Female participation in the military to the degree they do today, warrants more liberal frat policy.

Of course, pretending every single male/female interaction out there is a casting couch power dynamic is the flavor du jour, so fat chance frat policy getting liberalized in this climate.