What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

3 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Flight glove wear guidance in the MAJCOM supp to the uniform reg.

Quick story:  U-2 bud does his T-38 check ride shortly after arriving at Beale, and flies it with the DO.  My bud doesn't wear his nomex gloves.  

Examiner/DO debriefs him, and at the end says "you violated such-and-such regulation by not wearing the gloves, and therefore I will Q-3 you.  It's a safety of flight issue."

Bud says:  "how could you tell?"

Examiner/DO:  "I saw it when you took the runway as you lowered your canopy."

Bud:  "so you intentionally allowed me to do the takeoff and the entire flight without correcting me on the spot for what you perceived was a serious safety violation?  I'll take the Q-3... fair enough.  However, you and I are going to go talk to the Squadron commander, and then the OG commander and I'm going to ask THEM if YOU should also be Q-3.".

My bud ended up with a Q-1.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 14
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Skitzo said:

What’s wrong with the USAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that finally happen? Been hearing rumors now for awhile. I just can’t wait to be back from leave............. 

9 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Not the 11-series reg? Sounds like I can’t find that in my EFB to follow. 

9 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

not on my watch, and why you're at it throw out those salomon boots #notFlightRated - unnamed AFSOC GO

Wait...didn't we go through this a few years back?

Unnamed AFSOC GO...riiiiiiiiiight.

I'd rather have gasoline soaked shoes than flame resistant lead weights on my feet.

Cooter

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Majestik Møøse said:

What time do you show for your airline?

That’s the great thing about the airlines.... one persons trash is another persons treasure. Some people love redeyes for commuting, some people (me) avoid them at all costs. 

To answer your question, I haven’t set an alarm clock in months because I prefer late morning to afternoon shows.  

Edited by xaarman
  • Like 1

That’s the great thing about the airlines.... one persons trash is another persons treasure. Some people love redeyes for commuting, some people (me) avoid them at all costs. 

To answer your question, I haven’t set an alarm clock in months because I prefer late morning to afternoon shows.  

Which is awesome because I like the AM shows and being done with my day around noon. It’s awesome to have the flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Quick story:  U-2 bud does his T-38 check ride shortly after arriving at Beale, and flies it with the DO.  My bud doesn't wear his nomex gloves.  

Examiner/DO debriefs him, and at the end says "you violated such-and-such regulation by not wearing the gloves, and therefore I will Q-3 you.  It's a safety of flight issue."

Bud says:  "how could you tell?"

Examiner/DO:  "I saw it when you took the runway as you lowered your canopy."

Bud:  "so you intentionally allowed me to do the takeoff and the entire flight without correcting me on the spot for what you perceived was a serious safety violation?  I'll take the Q-3... fair enough.  However, you and I are going to go talk to the Squadron commander, and then the OG commander and I'm going to ask THEM if YOU should also be Q-3.".

My bud ended up with a Q-1.  

That’s awesome! Kind of like the story someone put on here about a C-17 guy that put his gloves under his headset to meet the requirement of the evaluator.

18 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Why on earth would that be in the uniform reg and not an 11- series reg?

Edited by pawnman

That’s what we’re all asking each other since the 11 MDS series specifically allows you to fly without gloves worn.

FCIF relief tomorrow or the next day. Basically will say the MAJCOM supp is being rescinded. Follow MDS Vol 3 guidance, if your V3 lacks guidance or points to the MAJCOM supp have them avail from engine start to shutdown.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, rudderrightmore said:

image.png.4c01091fd7aaf05e9f24c026ef00f3e2.png

This is a real email....

"Hey we scheduled this at a time we know you won't have childcare so use that plan you have which isn't meant for these things to cover our asshattery"

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

"Hey we scheduled this at a time we know you won't have childcare so use that plan you have which isn't meant for these things to cover our asshattery"

All to make people more resilient so they don't commit suicide...

• Like 2

What's wrong with the Air Force?  We pass over officers with impeccable combat records and no PT failures in the flying community, but put people like this into SQ/CC jobs in the MXG.
I can't imagine how she will credibly counsel any airmen who fails a PT test under her command.
1000w_q95.jpg.4e187f7ef6cb282a6f27c48fa535c720.jpg

I thought everyone still has to do the waist measurement

Don't we gripe against big blue's corporate fitness policy of focusing on appearance instead of performance? And now we want body shame and speculate on some random person based on a picture?  

My intent was not to body shame. Apologies if that’s how it appeared.