What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

I am 100% for certain the Resource Management (RM) office is run by E's. No O's in sight the few times I have visited the office.
Reminds me a certain SARM office that had those types of business hours. Guess who put an end to SARM group PT and their weekly group breakfast. The whole office would be gone for breakfast. The CC, SS, and CCF all backed me up. 

Sounds like you need to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 7:28 PM, 17D_guy said:

Cyber is all in now.  Which means you can roll of a ops unit, taking the fight to the enemy

and doing cool things.

And roll into command a communications cyber squadron at Tinker fixing email and cell phones.

https://tenor.com/NsbZ.gif

Thanks Cyber. Now I can't pay my water bill. How is this going to cripple China though? 

https://taskandpurpose.com/nsa-cyber-weapon-american-cities

16 hours ago, Shazaam said:

Thanks Cyber. Now I can't pay my water bill. How is this going to cripple China though? 

https://taskandpurpose.com/nsa-cyber-weapon-american-cities

Welcome to the new world we're in.  Fun, isn't it?

EDIT - That article is fucking garbage.  MSNBC-like in the information, editorializing it provides.

Edited by 17D_guy

• 2 weeks later...

In the mid 90s, the USAF decided the B-1 was too hard to maintain and gave them to 2 ANG units. They were embarrassed that the Guard brought the MC rate way up. On Sept 10,  2001, they announced that McConnell would get KC-135s (they went away 5 years later) and Robbins moves over to help with JSTARS. The attacks on the US the next day didn’t change any minds- we retired 30 jet with the stated goal of using the savings for upgrades on the remaining jets.

The B-1 is an extremely capable jet that was never resourced or maintained adequately. So now we will retire them to buy a new, complex bomber that will get the same half assed support going forward. Great plan Air Force

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, SuperWSO said:

In the mid 90s, the USAF decided the B-1 was too hard to maintain and gave them to 2 ANG units. They were embarrassed that the Guard brought the MC rate way up.

Shouldn't have been that big of a surprise.  Our (ANG) mx force is ridiculously experienced and skilled.  

• Upvote 2

The 0-6 acting air boss (C-5 Wing queen) at JFE for the WIC...first thing she mentions to the soon to be WIC grads is how she doesn’t like the grooming standards (referring to the moustsches). No wonder the CAF doesn’t think highly of the MAF. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dream big said:

The 0-6 acting air boss (C-5 Wing queen) at JFE for the WIC...first thing she mentions to the soon to be WIC grads is how she doesn’t like the grooming standards (referring to the moustsches). No wonder the CAF doesn’t think highly of the MAF. 

That a C-5 person of any rank is tied to JFE definitely belongs in this thread.

All MAF is not equal, nor representative... just like the CAF.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, dream big said:

This is not at all surprising. I’m sure she had her Command Chief right there beside her.

• 2 weeks later...

Timeless Tips for Simple Sabotage from 1944. A lot of this is eerily familiar. Additional nuggets on page 28 of the PDF.

1. General Interference with Organizations and Production

1. Organizations and Conferences

1. Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

2. Make "speeches," Talk as frequently as possible and at great length., Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences. Never hesitate to make a few appropriate “patriotic" comments.

3. When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committees as large as possible - never less than five.

4. Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.

5. Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.

6. Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.

7. Advocate "caution." Be “reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable" and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

8. Be worried about the propriety of any decision - raise the question of whether such action as is contemplated lies within the jurisdiction of the group or whether it might conflict with the policy of some higher echelon.

https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2012-featured-story-archive/simple-sabotage.html

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

What’s wrong with the AF finally just became the new normal and is being discussed casually in the other threads.

Word on the street is take rates are now in the 30%s.  I think congress has tired of hearing about it so... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Klepto
  • Upvote 1

What's wrong with the Air Force?  We pass over officers with impeccable combat records and no PT failures in the flying community, but put people like this into SQ/CC jobs in the MXG.

I can't imagine how she will credibly counsel any airmen who fails a PT test under her command.

1000w_q95.jpg

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

What's wrong with the Air Force?  We pass over officers with impeccable combat records and no PT failures in the flying community, but put people like this into SQ/CC jobs in the MXG.

I can't imagine how she will credibly counsel any airmen who fails a PT test under her command.

1000w_q95.jpg

C’mon, give her a break, she just had a kid. 

I mean, she did eat it, but to each their own, right?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, raimius said:

I'm not sure that's the way to solve a mold problem...that suddenly, unexpectedly, and completely newfound to any leadership just appeared in over 1,000 dorms...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=469296953893005&id=251325062290392

All kinds of stuff on the Air Force amn/nco/snco page about mold at Lackland. 

https://www.facebook.com/AirForceForum

Getting picked up in the press as well.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Mold-found-in-1-100-dorm-rooms-on-Lackland-14268580.php

Lackland AFB has been there for a long time, how the hell does it all of a sudden become mold - infested?

10 hours ago, Klepto said:

What’s wrong with the AF finally just became the new normal and is being discussed casually in the other threads.

Word on the street is take rates are now in the 30%s.  I think congress has tired of hearing about it so... 🤷‍♂️

Current Manned Fixed-Wing Pilot take rate is 35%.

Data is skewed by a close to 50% rate from E-3s and E-8s.

The rest are similar to the C-17 and fighter take rates around 12%.

12%!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1