What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

Senior enlisted aircrew is a big problem in a lot of communities.

I flew the MC-12 for 13 months... and the rampant enlisted aircrew that felt they were in change (and leadership that didn't fix it) helped make that a shitty assignment.   Of course, there was plenty of other things in the MC-12 that were FUBAR.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, matmacwc said:

A good one would break more fraternization rules than are in the book.  A bad naming nobody would go to, figure it out, it isn’t that hard.

I was in a community that had both callsigns and enlisted aircrew. Naming nights were a blast (from what I recall), the E's just didn't attend...YMMV

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, matmacwc said:

A good one would break more fraternization rules than are in the book.  A bad naming nobody would go to, figure it out, it isn’t that hard.

Why invite the e-dogs? Is there something that prohibits a naming from happening with just the officers?

Kangaroo courts (Navy version of the naming) happen all the time, in squadrons that have a ton of enlisted aircrew, and I can't recall ever hearing of an enlisted dude showing up.

1 hour ago, Bigred said:

Why invite the e-dogs? Is there something that prohibits a naming from happening with just the officers?

Kangaroo courts (Navy version of the naming) happen all the time, in squadrons that have a ton of enlisted aircrew, and I can't recall ever hearing of an enlisted dude showing up.

In RPAs we just invited our Es and even named some of them. I promise you there is nothing in a fighter pilot song book a loadmaster hasn't asked permission for from his wife at least once. I mean that as a compliment. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I flew the MC-12 for 13 months... and the rampant enlisted aircrew that felt they were in change (and leadership that didn't fix it) helped make that a shitty assignment.   Of course, there was plenty of other things in the MC-12 that were FUBAR.  

Yeah, mostly from TSOs! 

14 minutes ago, hindsight2020 said:

"Attempted" aileron roll was more like it. But the MIF is Fair (3+) so "barrel dive" is good enough. No fighter/FAIP follow-on, press to next block. LOL 

Clearly we are not talking about the same thing here.

• Haha 1

"Attempted" aileron roll was more like it. But the MIF is Fair (3+) so "barrel dive" is good enough. No fighter/FAIP follow-on, press to next block. LOL 

Either way, a barrel dive out of a aileron roll is far from fair. Impressive, yes...fair, no.

Bendy

8 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

Uh... it was executed to perfection... well beyond the DLO.  Even the Russian judge gave it an "Excellent".  (BTW, isn't "Fair" a 1?)

In any case, I know these things.  I was a FAIP... and I saw the video.  

So I got that going for me.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

I remember the recorded preemptive ass chewing that was mandatory watching when you arrived in the AOR.

I remember it as well. I also remember laughing after I finished watching it. But probably not as much as Hacker laughed on the way to his FedEx interview. 

Turns out the rule of law is still a thing. Swift preemptive judgement aside. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, joe1234 said:

"Hey we're going to have a naming parties and roll calls to boost morale, so that makes it totally okay if we drop a short notice 365 with a follow on to Altus that causes your life to fall apart, right?"

On 12/24/2018 at 2:14 AM, joe1234 said:

That wasn't my experience at all. I had tons of epic fun trips with great crews, even more fun experiences at home, and never wrote any bullets or did any of that crap when I was on the road. But then again, you probably got good strats, awards, and PME opportunities. We all make our choices in life, I guess.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:01 PM, joe1234 said:

What's there to get? You extrapolated your personal bad experiences at Travis into being a MAF-wide problem, and how life is better being in U-2's. Which, I'm sure your new life is a great experience and all, but the problem was never the MAF, it was your priorities. I somehow managed to exist in the same MAF as you, at the same time, and had a much different experience. Because I had different priorities.

It reminds me of the dudes who choose career over family and then bitch and then complain about how the Air Force ruined their marriage and estranged them from their kids. Like, no dude, that's your own damn fault.

Amazing insight. What were my priorities? How are they different now and what would you recommend I change?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, schokie said:

I remember it as well. I also remember laughing after I finished watching it. But probably not as much as Hacker laughed on the way to his FedEx interview.

Turns out the rule of law is still a thing. Swift preemptive judgement aside. 

Well, nobody I know laughs on the way *to* an airline interview.  I was scared shitless up to then.

On the way home afterward after receiving a job offer?

Yeah, that's a different thing entirely.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:
On 12/24/2018 at 11:53 PM, Hacker said:
Dude...I'm right here...you don't have to talk that way behind my back like that.

emoji846.png

¿puɐʇsɹǝpun oʇ noʎ ɹoɟ ɹǝᴉsɐǝ ʇᴉ ǝʞɐɯ sᴉɥʇ sǝop

This is Thunderbird 5's superpower.

Thunderbird5.jpg

15 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Uh... it was executed to perfection... well beyond the DLO.  Even the Russian judge gave it an "Excellent".  (BTW, isn't "Fair" a 1?)

In any case, I know these things.  I was a FAIP... and I saw the video.  

So I got that going for me.  

I believe this is the "barrel dive" video @hindsight2020 is referring to:

Which, IMHO, should have been graded "U".

• Upvote 1