What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

33 minutes ago, Toro said:

HarleyQuinn is in time out.  The adults may continue their conversation.

Is PYOB back?  The general profile seemed the same.  Weird, disjointed posts followed by childlike tantrums and personal threats when proven wrong by others.

• Thanks 1

Is PYOB back?  The general profile seemed the same.  Weird, disjointed posts followed by childlike tantrums and personal threats when proven wrong by others.

It’s the ghost of BQzip... back to take his revenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, nunya said:

They wouldn't notice, man.  Very few AF units are supported by AF flight ops.

Robin Olds told all other agencies on base if the flightline was open so are they. 

2 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Robin Olds told all other agencies on base if the flightline was open so are they. 

He'd get laughed at in today's AF if he tried to decree that.  Somebody with one more star would tell the support agencies they don't have to listen to the big mean fighter pilot man.

He also didn’t just brow beat people because he was a fighter pilot and therefore better than them. He got the people working for him to buy into the mission and find importance and honor in their little piece of the pie. Aka, he led.

I’m assuming you guys are referring to his time leading the Wolfpack and the famous story about getting the SSgt maintainer paid. That’s a good story. Other ones that don’t make Olds look so great are his alcoholism, extramarital affairs, and poor flight discipline that got people killed. That, to me, is the true story of Robin Olds. A phenomenal leader with some pretty serious blemishes on his record but was able to put his immense martial talents to use and leave behind an amazing legacy. Unfortunately, I really don’t think he would’ve been able to make it nearly as far as he did in today’s climate. I wonder how many potential Robin Olds are sitting in the front of a Fed Ex/Airline X due to the myriad problems listed on this and other sites. It’s pretty sad, honestly.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Danger41 said:

He also didn’t just brow beat people because he was a fighter pilot and therefore better than them. He got the people working for him to buy into the mission and find importance and honor in their little piece of the pie. Aka, he led.

I’m assuming you guys are referring to his time leading the Wolfpack and the famous story about getting the SSgt maintainer paid. That’s a good story. Other ones that don’t make Olds look so great are his alcoholism, extramarital affairs, and poor flight discipline that got people killed. That, to me, is the true story of Robin Olds. A phenomenal leader with some pretty serious blemishes on his record but was able to put his immense martial talents to use and leave behind an amazing legacy. Unfortunately, I really don’t think he would’ve been able to make it nearly as far as he did in today’s climate. I wonder how many potential Robin Olds are sitting in the front of a Fed Ex/Airline X due to the myriad problems listed on this and other sites. It’s pretty sad, honestly.

Airline X? You presume too much. Robin Olds would have failed the Hogan.😆

15 hours ago, MooseClub said:

^I remember when Ops, not MX, ran the flying schedule. 

Ops always won the scheduling meeting but shit happens. The flying schedule is ran by the airplane itself and supply. If it stays together it flies, but I always noticed on the last flight of the day it came back broke.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Ops always won the scheduling meeting but shit happens. The flying schedule is ran by the airplane itself and supply. If it stays together it flies, but I always noticed on the last flight of the day it came back broke.

I hate that, if it’s code 3 first go then it’s code 3.

13 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Code 2 FCR, still good for red...it's my last day out here for the month and I'm on probation.  We have a swing shift now...thanks AD for sending your LTs and some MX jobs.  

I feel like when people click on this thread, they should just be directed to the CC's dropping like flies thread.  

7 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Used to work transit alert, when a Sq of Navy jets came through just off a 9 month cruise, if I could get the engines started and serviced hydraulics they were a go. 

17 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Used to work transit alert, when a Sq of Navy jets came through just off a 9 month cruise, if I could get the engines started and serviced hydraulics they were a go. 

From personal experience, the willingness to take aircraft that would otherwise be a hard down, just to get off the damn boat, is pretty high.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bigred said:

From personal experience, the willingness to take aircraft that would otherwise be a hard down, just to get off the damn boat, is pretty high.

Same thing coming out of the field for the Army.

Every call to the boss just goes ”I need a one time flight approval....” and 2 hours later there is a flight of 4 outbound from Irwin/Polk/etc where only is FMC and 1 should be flat out red X. 

• Upvote 1

More for the Army - their new PT is fucking stupid and we need to guard against some fat-GS moron at HAF thinking it's a good idea to protect "their" force.

Had a bunch of soldier going through it here in the gym one day and watching them go through it was just...insanity.

More for the Army - their new PT is ing stupid and we need to guard against some fat-GS moron at HAF thinking it's a good idea to protect "their" force.
Had a bunch of soldier going through it here in the gym one day and watching them go through it was just...insanity.

The only person happy about this new PT test is whatever A hole created it and got the Above Center of Mass rating on his OER.

I give it 2 years before they issue a waiverable status to is where units can “in case of necessity” just use the old APFT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

But the Army Times article says soldiers hate the current test!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

The AF will follow suit, just watch and see. We don't like to be left out of buffonery concerning uniforms or PT. We will one up the Army by going to a cross fit style fitness test. Until the AF realizes cross fit causes more injuries than any other workout routine.

Big blue will always be a part of the "Me Too" movement with the Army.

Edited by HarleyQuinn