What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:
8 hours ago, tac airlifter said:
I copy the frailties of human nature.  However, I have zero sympathy for an officer who puts their personal passions above the mission.  I get it,  not many dating options in del rio.  Also not many options in Bagram.  Get used to it.  

Guess what? There were plenty of "unlawful" options in Bagram too. And they were exploited far more than in UPT. I don't think anyone is asking for sympathy, it's just a fact of life in a coed organization. Always has, always will.

I agree with you if we’re just recognizing that coed work means human nature will do its thing.  We aren’t going to ever stop commanders from banging subordinates.  But we demand they don’t do it, and should punish them when they fail.  

12 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Preach it. And cry me a river (see what I did there) about Del Rio not having women. San Antonio is 2.5 hours away. And there’s tinder, bumble, grinder. Never been a better time in history to be stationed at remote places with a thing called el interneto. 

Shack. I remember using AOL messenger to meet a young lady in college. Those dial up days! I was in Hell Rio before the social media and Tinder app hookups began. While in Hell Rio, I remember meeting and dating a wonderful young lady from Mexico. Then I dated one of the locals. I actually had a lady at the gas station on base hook me up with her college daughter. No rules stopping you from dating a SNCO's daughter home from college.  It was a good time and you didn't have to date cray cray female Lts from the base.

At my first duty station, I was talking to a friend about using match.com in California. He was using the website to his advantage as well. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Unless you are Duece Bigalow, you have to put in some effort. Most women on Match.com would tell me you're the first person to send me a coherent sentence and you didn't misspell any words. Who would have thought they look for something this simple? 

Note: If you actually call a female on the phone who is a millennial, she might label you a stalker. Times have changed, especially if you swipe right too much...

Edited by HarleyQuinn

The latest incident at the Deid typifies why the Air Force is a burning dumpster of idiocy.  For those who have deployed to this garden spot in recent times you might know the story of “Ghost” a stray dog that several squadrons adopted and nursed back to health.  Well it appears the all knowing leadership decided to capture and euthanize “Ghost.”  Hey Fingers, this is why you and your scyophants are FAILING.  Someone have that deployed commander choke himself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The latest incident at the Deid typifies why the Air Force is a burning dumpster of idiocy.  For those who have deployed to this garden spot in recent times you might know the story of “Ghost” a stray dog that several squadrons adopted and nursed back to health.  Well it appears the all knowing leadership decided to capture and euthanize “Ghost.”  Hey Fingers, this is why you and your scyophants are FAILING.  Someone have that deployed commander choke himself.

WTF?  Poor dog. 

"No rules stopping you from dating a SNCO's daughter home from college"

Of course not.  When MSG Karl Malden's daughter dated LTC Efrem Zimbalist Jr's daughter  there was no problem, even though LTC Zimbalist was MSG Malden's commander.  

President set!

Bombersb5220012540.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombers_B-52

23 minutes ago, JimNtexas said:

"No rules stopping you from dating a SNCO's daughter home from college"

Of course not.  When MSG Karl Malden's daughter dated LTC Efrem Zimbalist Jr's daughter  there was no problem, even though LTC Zimbalist was MSG Malden's commander.  

President set!

Bombersb5220012540.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombers_B-52

They showed girl-on-girl in the 50s?

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

They're citing GO-1 over on FB as to the reason they killed the dog. It's a tough job you know, storming the CENTCOM beaches of Normandy.

What a painful pantomime of life this organization has become. Anthony Swofford shacked it imo when interviewed about it 15 or so years ago.

Edited by hindsight2020
math is hard.

He was married with a pregnant wife. Dating a student. When investigations were ongoing, he buried his cellphone outside a hangar at DRT. Kept it up and brought his student girlfriend to San Antonio while his wife was at the maternity appointment.
He was court martialed in 2015.

Edit: 
Here's a link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expressnews.com/news/local/amp/Air-Force-pilot-given-45-days-in-sex-obstruction-6636968.php

He brought the same ex-student (she was admin separated) around the squadron when he was out-processing after his jail sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bode said:

He brought the same ex-student (she was admin separated) around the squadron when he was out-processing after his jail sentence.

About as classy as the rest of his actions.  Was anyone actually "cool" with him at that point or was everyone done with his shit?

On 9/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, Bode said:

He was a BUFF guy previously and OSI found out he was banging a SrA while deployed to Guam before he went to XL.

http://afcca.law.af.mil/content/afcca_opinions/cp/hill-38979.u.pdf

Edited by Sua Sponte

Whatever, losers.

I was in Del Rio for 4 years... long before the internet.  Long before Tinder (thankfully). 

There were the guys back then that bitched about "being in the middle of nowhere" and couldn't seem to get over it.  

And there were the guys that realized the environment they were in was not downtown Manhattan.  And those guys had smart, hot girlfriends.  OK... a few weren't that smart... but I digress.  In any case, Del Rio is larger than it was when I was there.  And so is Uvalde.  What's your excuse for not having a great date this weekend?  Make some effort if it is so important to you.  

I'm not going to bore you with stories from long ago, but honestly... you're getting no sympathy from me.  Boo-fuckin-hoo.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Whatever, losers.

I was in Del Rio for 4 years... long before the internet.  Long before Tinder (thankfully). 

There were the guys back then that bitched about "being in the middle of nowhere" and couldn't seem to get over it.  

And there were the guys that realized the environment they were in was not downtown Manhattan.  And those guys had smart, hot girlfriends.  OK... a few weren't that smart... but I digress.  In any case, Del Rio is larger than it was when I was there.  And so is Uvalde.  What's your excuse for not having a great date this weekend?  Make some effort if it is so important to you.  

I'm not going to bore you with stories from long ago, but honestly... you're getting no sympathy from me.  Boo-fuckin-hoo.  

huggy, we know you have fond memories of the place. That's great. I did my time at DLF as both a single and a family man. And the latter almost didn't happen, thanks to that place.  The Lost Decade affected us all, not just airline folks. So let's keep things in perspective.

I don't think it's a matter of sympathy, but I can tell you categorically that assignment was a hard inflection point in both my personal and professional life. This isn't just about FAIP pussy grabbing on the weekends or some other sophomoric shit, it's about a lot of other opportunity costs that affect the direction of a household in ways I would expect a family man to understand.

I also have it as fact I did a much longer consecutive stint than you did at the place, so I'm qualified to call bullshit on the implication the place is devoid of opportunity costs.  Which is another way of saying: Anybody can hold their breath for 3.5 years (PCS outprocessing pussyfooting around don't count).

It's not the end of the world, I don't disagree, but let's not be so dismissive the legitimate costs that the place carries on folks with other life circumstances. That's all I'm saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Whatever, losers.

DLF when @HuggyU2 was there: 

92DCD95E-33E6-46EB-ABD9-B495E62804CE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

huggy, we know you have fond memories of the place. That's great. I did my time at DLF as both a single and a family man. And the latter almost didn't happen, thanks to that place.  The Lost Decade affected us all, not just airline folks. So let's keep things in perspective.

I don't think it's a matter of sympathy, but I can tell you categorically that assignment was a hard inflection point in both my personal and professional life. This isn't just about FAIP pussy grabbing on the weekends or some other sophomoric shit, it's about a lot of other opportunity costs that affect the direction of a household in ways I would expect a family man to understand.

I also have it as fact I did a much longer consecutive stint than you did at the place, so I'm qualified to call bullshit on the implication the place is devoid of opportunity costs.  Which is another way of saying: Anybody can hold their breath for 3.5 years (PCS outprocessing pussyfooting around don't count).

It's not the end of the world, I don't disagree, but let's not be so dismissive the legitimate costs that the place carries on folks with other life circumstances. That's all I'm saying.

You missed the point. It wasn't that DLF was a bustling town with plenty of options. It was that even then, without technological wizardry, Huggy didn't have to resort to banging students. No reason someone in the modern era should feel the need to put their own career at risk for a piece of ass.

• Upvote 1