What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Looking for advice. I was recently alleged by my campus housing by an r.a. to have alcohol and am not been proven guilty yet. I am currently a freshman and part of afrotc as a non scholarship student how will this affect me and what steps should I take? This will not be put down as a civil offense.

pretty cool.

standing by for Guardian to tell us how much he hates Fingers in 3, 2, 1....

Haha. Makes me feel like part of my job here is done. Wonder if anyone gives the man baseops feed back.

Awesome that he asks for criticism and remarks from colonels and above. Keep the feed back coming. Why doesn’t he try to cgo’s and majors? I was just told by a leader within the last week that it is as good as it’s ever been here at base x. And all of the people in the room that had been here at least 3 years felt completely the opposite. I’m sure there are LtCols and Cols that get it. But the one I heard from didn’t have perspective. Anyways. Take that for what you will.

7 hours ago, Guardian said:

Haha. Makes me feel like part of my job here is done. Wonder if anyone gives the man baseops feed back.

Awesome that he asks for criticism and remarks from colonels and above. Keep the feed back coming. Why doesn’t he try to cgo’s and majors? I was just told by a leader within the last week that it is as good as it’s ever been here at base x. And all of the people in the room that had been here at least 3 years felt completely the opposite. I’m sure there are LtCols and Cols that get it. But the one I heard from didn’t have perspective. Anyways. Take that for what you will.

Feel free to write your own article if you want an invitation from the CSAF.

NedStark is actually scoobs/butters/Chang/PyB. He used to practice trolling on here, and decided to up his game by going after CSAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stark would be best served if he remains anonymous rather than revealing himself.  There is nothing to be gained by Stark becoming part of the solution: he made his points in his articles, an even offered proposed solutions.  His job is done.

And now leadership can get on with doing their f'n jobs with the issues identified.  They shouldn't have needed an anonymous public input "from the trenches", but since they did, the least they could do is actually display some of that leadership skill and take action to fix the identified issues...like they should have been doing all this time anyway without proving Stark's hypotheses true.

My favorite part of the article:

“Our 10th Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. Lew Allen, took an interest in the author, Capt. Ron Keys, and made some major changes as a result,” Goldfein said. “We got better as a service because one officer wrote down his thoughts and a chief of staff paid attention. Ron Keys went on to become Gen. Ron Keys, commander of Air Combat Command.”

If you look at the three (or is it four, now?) "Dear Boss" letters that have been made public in the last 40-ish years since Capt Keys' famous letter, you'll note that they ALL cover essentially the same territory and have the same types of complaint.

So, how is it that Goldfein thinks that "we got better as a service" as a result of that letter?  Is that what it means when people keep bringing up the same problems year after year, decade after decade?

Good call, Fingers.

Keep your skull down, Col Stark, and keep fighting the good fight.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/22/2018 at 1:12 AM, Tonka said:

The CSAF gets to pick his team, he has the entire 500K+ active, civ., AFRC and Guard personnel of the greatest of AF on the planet at his disposal. I believe the CSAF has exactly who he wants working for him, if he doesn't then that rests solely with him.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Well, he was already contemplating retirement. Not sure how working directly for CSAF would derail that.

He accepts offer and completes a PCS to DC to work for CSAF.  Six months later AFPC drops a 365 to Afghanistan on him...PCS ADSC won't let him turn it down and he finds himself sitting in Kabul guarding TCNs in the chow hall. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

He accepts offer and completes a PCS to DC to work for CSAF.  Six months later AFPC drops a 365 to Afghanistan on him...PCS ADSC won't let him turn it down and he finds himself sitting in Kabul guarding TCNs in the chow hall. 

Soon after his arrival at said chow hall, charges of his reading/openly displaying copies of BBQ Pitmasters monthly surface. Said articles included images of smoked pork butts, baby-back ribs, bacon and assorted unapproved food items that are found "offensive" by said TCN and host nation personnel.  Charges are brought up and our hero is destroyed in the court of public opinion followed by “administrative action” as he is reduced in grade to E-zero, forfeits all pay and allowances, GI Bill benefits revoked and is drummed out of the service on pure BS charges. All this and more brought to you by the Shoes of Mother Blue’s Deep State. Never tell the emperor he’s naked.       

Edited by Stitch
Spelling is hard...

Reading that article, I’m interested to see what actually occurs. It sounds like Fingers is saying to ID guys that are good tactical leaders and develop that. I think that’s a great idea. I hope that doesn’t translate to the guy who has the best excel skills gets the #1 push like we’ve seen so often.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:02 PM, TexasBoy said:

Looking for advice. I was recently alleged by my campus housing by an r.a. to have alcohol and am not been proven guilty yet. I am currently a freshman and part of afrotc as a non scholarship student how will this affect me and what steps should I take? This will not be put down as a civil offense.

You have two choices. Tell the truth or lie. Both have differing short term and long term results.  You tell us which is the better path to take.... typically contrite people survive their mistakes, the damage from the attempted cover up is always worse.

You'll be fine, just don't fail a PT test.

51 minutes ago, Tonka said:

You have two choices. Tell the truth or lie. Both have differing short term and long term results.  You tell us which is the better path to take.... typically contrite people survive their mistakes, the damage from the attempted cover up is always worse.

You'll be fine, just don't fail a PT test.

There is no requirement to self-incriminate.

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

So when asked the question, "Did you have alcohol?" by an officer in ROTC, how should s/he respond?

In the most Constitutionally-appropriate answer, likely referencing any Amendment between 4 and 6. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Deny, deny, counter-accuse, deny.  This works in any situation whether it be your ROTC CC asking about booze in your room, or your wife asking why you have glitter on your face and smell like vanilla.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Option A. Quit before they kick you out. Drink beer and chase women. Graduate. Join the guard. Profit  

Option B. Quit before they kick you out. Drink beer and chase women. Graduate. Get required qualifications and get hired by a airline. Profit. 

Option C. Combine A and B. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Deny, deny, counter-accuse, deny.  This works in any situation whether it be your ROTC CC asking about booze in your room, or your wife asking why you have glitter on your face and smell like vanilla.

Why even tell your rotc det if you aren’t on scholarship or conteacted? Wait til you get the outcome then strategize.

I got hauled in by the cops when I was a freshman, told my det cc and he said, “no biggie, I was a F-4 pilot who boozed like crazy and even wilder in college.” And that was it. I was later told that had his predecessor still been around who was Mormon, I would have been booted but I was on scholarship.

You’ll be fine, just analyze your situation, don’t be dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app