What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Some day. And maybe soon. As of right now I would still rather not be outed because my story would do that and I don’t want to have to deal with that fall out while still doing what I am doing. Sorry. Cryptic. You will just have to take my word for it that Fingers Goldfien could have been the one who wrote that article, even though it is a parody.

Edit: he does not care for us as individuals or members, just numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

Welcome to any large corporate entity....

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

Some day. And maybe soon. As of right now I would still rather not be outed because my story would do that and I don’t want to have to deal with that fall out while still doing what I am doing. Sorry. Cryptic. You will just have to take my word for it that Fingers Goldfien could have been the one who wrote that article, even though it is a parody.

Tease.

Housing Management Office, WG/CC, and his Command Chief not giving one shit about BAH. Even after someone filed a congressional inquiry. Leadership: "We feel as though the BAH levels are appropriate." They don't live off base. If GS civilians in the HMO office are complacent, then what good are they? 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Not enough hugs from mom?

14 hours ago, brickhistory said:

And this is why we can't break nice things...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/17/air-force-sorry-tweet-terrorists/

Apparently it's not our job to kill things anymore.  

The irony is that there are probably plenty of articles out there with far more details about weapons drops and shooting terrorists that are still considered "just fine" by AF PA.  I don't understand why we are so bi-polar when it comes to recognizing that the Air Force is a military branch, and therefore, that we kill people and break things.

2 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

What is old is new again. It has been done before.

This. How long until MX Officers wine about lack of command billets...like they did before?

Edited by Azimuth

This. How long until MX Officers wine about lack of command billets...like they did before?

Then I guess they would bring back MX Ops Squadrons instead of attaching them at the Group Staff level. That’s like 50 command billets right there.

http://www.amc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/144275/62nd-maintenance-operations-squadron-deactivates/

Instead of moving O-6's around in a pretend effort to show progress, why don't they change all the regs/rules that say "require Group/CC approval" to "Squadron CC approval?"  I mean isn't the point to make squadrons important again?

This has already been done. Any T-3 item in a reg is the Sq/CC if the Wg/CC delegates the authority (used to be Gp/CC).
  • Like 1

Returned from a 6 month deployment and was staying in lodging. Picked up my truck registration off base because it had expired while I was deployed. A rent-a-civilian cop wouldn't let me on base with my brand new registration in my hand. "You need to peel off the old sticker he told me." Hey dumbass, I've been deployed and my truck has been sitting in a hot ass storage unit. That sticker isn't going to just peel off without a razor blade and some window cleaner which is in my toolbox on the base. After going back and forth he called someone and they told his dumbass to let me on the base. Moron....where do they find these people?

Edited by HarleyQuinn

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, Azimuth said:

Don't jump the gun.  Ops and MX have to get full on married again, consummate the union, and buy a dog before we get to the complaining about needs not being met and getting divorced again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2018 at 5:43 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Returned from a 6 month deployment and was staying in lodging. Picked up my truck registration off base because it had expired while I was deployed. A rent-a-civilian cop wouldn't let me on base with my brand new registration in my hand. "You need to peel off the old sticker he told me." Hey dumbass, I've been deployed and my truck has been sitting in a hot ass storage unit. That sticker isn't going to just peel off without a razor blade and some window cleaner which is in my toolbox on the base. After going back and forth he called someone and they told his dumbass to let me on the base. Moron....where do they find these people?

Most states have a rule that personnel returning from out of state (due to PCS or deployment) typically have a 30 day grace period to renew their tags before they are actually considered expired. Not helpful now but for future reference when dealing with the SF at the gate.

I got this beauty today;

"The MPS is currently closed for sports day and will reopen Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 0830. 

Due to the high volume of emails, please allow 5-10 Business Days for a response. Thank you for patience."--11th Force Support Squadron 

Meanwhile, I still don't have orders to make arrangements for my family. Nice. 

• Haha 1

I always wondered what would happen if people stopped jumping through their asses to get orders. Just do nothing, and when your DEROS is up or whatever and you don't have orders, you stay an extra week while the FSS gets fucked by some O6s. 

• Like 2

I wish I had done that, at least once.  But I think it would only work in theory, you'd still get fucked over somehow...forced out of your rental house/paying for a hotel out of your pocket, all of your shit not getting picked up on time out of said rental house, etc.  I think it'd be a great play for a single guy, probably not so much with wife/kids in tow.

• Like 2