What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

At the glorious safety down day in at least one wing, the continual cutting of undergraduate flying training and MDS initial training was submitted as a safety issue. Chances that makes it out of the wing? I’m not holding my breath. 

38 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

At the glorious safety down day in at least one wing, the continual cutting of undergraduate flying training and MDS initial training was submitted as a safety issue. Chances that makes it out of the wing? I’m not holding my breath. 

I can see it making out of the Wing. It is the staff/managers between WG/CCs and the CSAF that will shut it down.

• Upvote 2

No word on a safety down day at my base or solicitation of suggestions. Doesn't matter though since most of the suggestions will be aimed at the staff buruecrats, which coincidentally will also get first look at any suggestions we push up.

We are having a safety down day... perfect opportunity to catch up on all the ancillary training that we have been behind on since we have been flying and doing the mission so much.

6 hours ago, Right Seat Driver said:

I can see it making out of the Wing. It is the staff/managers between WG/CCs and the CSAF that will shut it down.

My favorite thing is the "innovation idea" taskers that come down urging us to :cut the cruft and think outside the box."

Then require us to route it through the entire chain, brief Sq/Grp/Wg CC's for it to get out of the Wing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

The email from CSAF says to hold focused forums to ID current seams or developing conditions for future unsafe conditions. He also listed several recommended topics, and then after the safety review instructs to pass feedback through chain-of-command to MAJCOM safety office. 

He wants to know where we have high risk areas, and that’s the way in which the UPT/FTU sortie cutting was framed. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:13 AM, 17D_guy said:

My favorite thing is the "innovation idea" taskers that come down urging us to :cut the cruft and think outside the box."

Then require us to route it through the entire chain, brief Sq/Grp/Wg CC's for it to get out of the Wing.

Make sure your out-of-the-box thinking fits inside the box.

• Thanks 1

https://warontherocks.com/2018/05/a-call-for-senior-officer-reform-in-the-air-force-an-insiders-perspective/

Another article highlighting the open secret of how we choose our senior leaders.  And suggesting the only fix is for the people who benefited from the system to believe the system itself is the problem.  

Or we can just vote with our feet, like most of us are doing. 

• Upvote 1

https://warontherocks.com/2018/05/a-call-for-senior-officer-reform-in-the-air-force-an-insiders-perspective/

Another article highlighting the open secret of how we choose our senior leaders.  And suggesting the only fix is for the people who benefited from the system to believe the system itself is the problem.  
Or we can just vote with our feet, like most of us are doing. 

Throwing darts works for the stock market. Maybe we should do the same when it comes to picking commanders.

Throwing darts works for the stock market. Maybe we should do the same when it comes to picking commanders.

“The most successful high-potential officers are those who make their seniors look good in shallow pursuit of the latest fad, thereby avoiding potential mistakes that could result from taking actual risks to advance the mission.”

It’s like 17 years of my experience with the careerists were summed up in a sentence. Well done.

• Upvote 1

I thought that article was interesting, but my jadedness couldn’t help but muster a lukewarm “meh”. All these bleeding heart articles and “Dear Boss” letters just seem like more noise shouted into the void. Maybe it’s just me.

Agreed.

Although the author stated a cogent truism as noted by the "17 years of careerists captured in one sentence, Big Blue has been given numerous intel tippers and target markings.

But the institution always has and always will simply shrug with a "It's not me, it's you."

35 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Wow. Is that real? I thought people were the mission. With attitudes like that....well I feel even less motivated to care about the military. Especially with fingers goldfien in charge.

https://www.duffelblog.com/about/

Duffel Blog is a parody of a news organization, and all content it publishes is satirical in nature. No content should be regarded as truthful

42 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Wow. Is that real? I thought people were the mission. With attitudes like that....well I feel even less motivated to care about the military. Especially with fingers goldfien in charge.

As real as this:

https://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/guantanamo-prisoners-to-receive-gi-bill-benefits/

McConnellDuffelblog1.jpg

Edited by xaarman