What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

2 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Essential in Syria, huh? GMAFB. That's not a knock on the F-22 drivers out there. Just making sure he's saying it was 'mission failure' if the Raptor's weren't up.

Words have meaning, guy.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck17

47 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Norty didn’t impress me 

didnt blues Monday start under his watch?

Blues Monday, the RIFs, reapings, practice bleeding, etc.....basically all the things we are gripping about today and reasons the good dudes are leaving were all exacerbated under his watch.  

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, waveshaper said:

what a bummer for the (Lt) Col. What I find most aggravating is despite his 28 years, multiple deployments, thousands of flight hours etc, three minutes of (minor) misjudgments forces his retirement.

I will caveat with my own personal experience - I faced a similar situation where I could have had the book thrown at me but a cooler head (sts, a three star general in this case) prevailed and instead of an Art 15 I was given a stern talking to about the finer points of the foreign clearance guide and how it spells out applicable curfews to airmen travelling to foreign countries. I don't believe reactionary leadership is systemic in the Airforce, but it sucks that the new retired Lt Col befell its wrath. 

• Upvote 1

All because of some ridiculous internet outcry...what a fucking joke!  A great case of, if you can't do something valuable, do some things visible.  Dude will look back on this and realize he is far better off not being a part of this toxic, bullshit laden sinking ship.  Retirement can't get here fast enough.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SocialD said:

All because of some ridiculous internet outcry...what a fucking joke!  A great case of, if you can't do something valuable, do some things visible.  Dude will look back on this and realize he is far better off not being a part of this toxic, bullshit laden sinking ship.  Retirement can't get here fast enough.  

And this happened in the Guard gentlemen. Put in other words: the USAF is fucked. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, SocialD said:

And said asshole is now crying about how he didn't mean it that way, and everyone else over-reacted.  "All these places contacted me for comments, or sharing the video...I had no idea it would blow up so big."  

King Blue Falcon acts like he's the arbiter of public Air Force outrage, a Mikey Weintsein of secular "honor" infraction.  A machine of his own making ruined 3 people's lives, and he's attempting to distance himself from it.  What a cowardly villain, inept in his own power - 

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/29/military-page-admin-i-wish-id-handled-dino-puppet-video-differently.html

• Upvote 1

I had a crew chief run out last week to taxi us wearing one of those inflatable dinasour costumes, myself and the crew about lost it, it was hilarious, good for morale, I was deeply sadden about .69 seconds after I saw him and the second thought in my head was “my god, please don’t let anything bad happen happen on this flight and the tapes get pulled” with this puppet incident in the back of my head. The AF has done a fine job of making us to afraid to have fun. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, viper154 said:

I had a crew chief run out last week to taxi us wearing one of those inflatable dinasour costumes, myself and the crew about lost it, it was hilarious, good for morale, I was deeply sadden about .69 seconds after I saw him and the second thought in my head was “my god, please don’t let anything bad happen happen on this flight and the tapes get pulled” with this puppet incident in the back of my head. The AF has done a fine job of making us to afraid to have fun. 

Made me think of the "Balad Light Show" the tower used to put on for us upon request after landing at night. Definitely boosted my morale.

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, moosepileit said:
3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:
Made me think of the "Balad Light Show" the tower used to put on for upon request after landing at night. Definitely boosted my morale.

Always a light moment when taxiing in near view of the tower and announcing that we had our tickets...

They were still doing the Gun Show at Al Udeid in December.

FWIW I've seen the TN adjutant general in action for quite a number of years and this didn't really come as a surprise.  A tragedy, for sure.  But he doesn't like the Air component one bit to begin with, and has a very low tolerance for "flyboy shenanigans".  It's interesting to note that he is one of the most old-school relics I've ever run across (and I'm pretty damned crusty myself).  The stuff I personally have heard him say about women and minorities, out loud, and in public, made me and several others literally wince.  Rule #3: There is no justice!  How he has made it this far is somewhat of a mystery to me, although admittedly I don't know much of his career prior to being a two star.

(Rule 1 being Timing is everything, Rule 2 Life isn't fair. The three rules of an Air Force career)

I already thought the guy who runs the snco/nco Facebook page was a complete Nonner tool, and this whole episode confirms it.  This shitbag literally ruined these people's careers, and in the case of the MSgt who tried re-enlisting, perhaps her entire life (she is a single mom whose only job was full-time ANG) and now tries to backtrack for fear of losing his precious clicks and Likes.  You, sir, can eat a bowl of dicks.  I'll never read or comment on anything he posts again.

Edited by Bergman
  • Like 1

They were still doing the Gun Show at Al Udeid in December.

FWIW I've seen the TN adjutant general in action for quite a number of years and this didn't really come as a surprise.  A tragedy, for sure.  But he doesn't like the Air component one bit to begin with, and has a very low tolerance for "flyboy shenanigans".  It's interesting to note that he is one of the most old-school relics I've ever run across (and I'm pretty damned crusty myself).  The stuff I personally have heard him say about women and minorities, out loud, and in public, made me and several others literally wince.  Rule #3: There is no justice!  How he has made it this far is somewhat of a mystery to me, although admittedly I don't know much of his career prior to being a two star.
(Rule 1 being Timing is everything, Rule 2 Life isn't fair. The three rules of an Air Force career)
I already thought the guy who runs the snco/nco Facebook page was a complete Nonner tool, and this whole episode confirms it.  This shitbag literally ruined these people's careers, and in the case of the MSgt who tried re-enlisting, perhaps her entire life (she is a single mom whose only job was full-time ANG) and now tries to backtrack for fear of losing his precious clicks and Likes.  You, sir, can eat a bowl of dicks.  I'll never read or comment on anything he posts again.
You repeated one

1. Timing is everything
2. It's better to be lucky than good
3. There is no justice
  • Like 2

You gentlemen have a great deal of knowledge and I have a two part question. I'm about to PCS for a good job, then I plan to retire at that location. My functional told me I don't have to worry about a 365 since I have received credit for 3 short tours. People were telling me to do my ACSC, but I refused. If you are happy in life, shouldn't you walk away feeling like you are on top or is this a dumb premise I have surmised?

I have a great friend who is doing well in his career on the support side. He went to Bagram for 2 months and I did a short tour flying there for 6 months. He received short tour credit for taking his family overseas. I did a short tour in Iraq and I also received credit for my enlisted time overseas. My discussions with him make me feel like he is full of the blue kool aid. He said, "If people could pick jobs again, they probably wouldn't be pilots." I wanted to tell him you sat your a$$ in the old Russian building at Bagram never to leave the wire as the flyers launched sorties to kill the bad guys, protect convoys, and prevent him from taking an incoming rocket up the ass. Are these the types of "leaders" who will be left running the Air Force? 

Are these the types of "leaders" who will be left running the Air Force? 

I can’t see it getting any better. Those who are left are basically promoted by survival.

I just sat through a UTA “sign out visit” while I watched a Command Chief talk about how other folks in the wing question we get away with everything. We were then berated after some pushback by our Vice Wg/CC for playing the victim. My understanding is the intent of the visit was to bridge the gap in relations. I’ve been confused ever since they walked into that room.

The logic is gone and they want the lower ranks to fix leadership problems.
  • Upvote 1