What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

12 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

It is not in a reg. It is in the LeaveWeb programming.

No it isn't. I approved plenty of leave for others captains as a captain. If it were in the programming, it wouldn't even be an option.

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

No it isn't. I approved plenty of leave for others captains as a captain. If it were in the programming, it wouldn't even be an option.

Leaveweb never updated my promotion to Major (actually I never bothered to fix it is the correct answer)....I've been approving leave for Major's as a Captain (according to Leaveweb) for over a year.  Not a single one rejected.  This just sounds like an airman with a chip on his shoulder.  

But like previously said...looks like you got a day off from your leadership without it actually counting against you.  Could be worse.  

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

He said any officer can approve any other officer. You’re partially proving his case. 

He said any officer can approve any other officer. You’re partially proving his case. 

Yes. If you read the LeaveWeb manual you will find out that enlisted leave approvals and officer leave approvals are programmed differently even though both groups are treated the same in AFI 36-3003.

We used to find the lowest ranking officer (usually a 1Lt but sometimes we could find a casual 2Lt) and have them approve the old crusty Lt Cox’s leave for shits and giggles. We were a hoot let me tell you!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MDDieselPilot said:

I'm not surprised that there is a spike, but what does surprise me is that every single airframe's mishap rate increased... curious to see what this will be attributed to.

57P2LOIF7RCIZMSALK5M3WGSFQ.jpg

You mean besides an aging fleet and all your experience sprinting to the door when their ADSC is up?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I’ve told him to his face why at one of his “CGO round tables” on why pilots are leaving.   It’s time he starts firing some wing commanders who are still propelling the queep monster while their pilot exec minions’ 90 day time is in the low tens. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

"For the Air Force, the majority of the Class C mishap increases came from cargo aircraft such as the C-130H Hercules and C-17A Globemaster, particularly from physical injuries when airmen were conducting maintenance or loading or unloading the aircraft."

Sweaties!  I knew it!  Remember folks...don't lift with your back...always lift with your E's!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

They’ll conclude that it’s because of old planes so they can justify an increased budget. Then they’ll give it all to contractors large and small while continuing to refuse to pay you even what Congress has already authorized.

I don’t even think they’re getting kickbacks or post-retirement consultant jobs. They’re just myopic bureaucrats set in their ways, which is even harder to budge.

• Upvote 1

The 2nd and 3rd order effects of cancerous leadership philosophies and a lack of mission focus sometimes take time to manifest themselves...especially when many of the problems were being masked by commanders (and line bros) who are conditioned/socialized to never say "no" or "can't".

I always giggle about the "fields of friendly strife" quote from MacArthur that the AF loves to use, and how the Air Force conveniently forgets its corollaries about what fruits are later borne by mediocrity.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 10:14 AM, dream big said:

I’ve told him to his face why at one of his “CGO round tables” on why pilots are leaving.   It’s time he starts firing some wing commanders who are still propelling the queep monster while their pilot exec minions’ 90 day time is in the low tens. 

What did he say?

I consider myself fairly irreverent but a small part of me got triggered by that.  Perhaps I am missing an important piece of information regarding the video.   

*to clarify, my second sentence was meant more as sarcasm. I do not think there is any missing information that makes this okay.*  

Edited by DirtyFlightSuit
Yup
  • Like 1