What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

12 hours ago, torqued said:

Expect prevention and response reeducation for your entire unit following shortly thereafter.

Nah.  They'll find that the squadron fostered a "culture of insubordination" because you can't go stepping on the some individual's freedom of speech.  It's the internet...which is basically a safe zone, right? 

Just fire the squadron commander, promote the wing commander, and move on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, juacey said:

Is any other wing in AETC going for "full mission ready status"? Instead of reacting to increasing tensions with N Korea by focusing on making students that much better, we all have to do CBRNE, expeditionary active shooter training, etc.  This is despite the AETC push within the past 12 months to protect all FTU aircrew from deployments.  I'm pretty sure if there's a full blown war a) the production pipeline will still need to go on, and b) all that stuff would be waived anyway. 

the entire AETC wing? you either have a delusional/overzealous wing king or some serious shit is coming down the pike.

By using the term "Warrior Monk" ironically, I think it can be concluded that your post constitutes berating with the intent of belittling or humiliating through the use of an electronic device and social media. An investigation shall commence within 5 days. Expect prevention and response reeducation for your entire unit following shortly thereafter.

Touché.

14 hours ago, juacey said:

Is any other wing in AETC going for "full mission ready status"? Instead of reacting to increasing tensions with N Korea by focusing on making students that much better, we all have to do CBRNE, expeditionary active shooter training, etc.  This is despite the AETC push within the past 12 months to protect all FTU aircrew from deployments.  I'm pretty sure if there's a full blown war a) the production pipeline will still need to go on, and b) all that stuff would be waived anyway. 

Are you a UPT guy or an FTU guy? 

And if you think CBRNE will be waived in your North Korea example, I think you may be mistaken.

Apparenttly these comments qualifiy as derogatoary, unprofessional, and is a 'microaggression'.  And we're surprised at the professionalism of young enlisted and Lts...

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/02/16/air-force-academy-first-sergeant-admonished-for-microaggression-email/

The first sergeant concluded his email by reminding them about former NBA superstar Michael Jordan’s habit of appearing at press conferences in a suit and tie, even without a dress code requiring it.

"He was never seen with a gaudy chain around his neck, his pants below his waistline, or with a backwards baseball hat on during public appearances,” Parish said.

8 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Apparenttly these comments qualifiy as derogatoary, unprofessional, and is a 'microaggression'.  And we're surprised at the professionalism of young enlisted and Lts...

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/02/16/air-force-academy-first-sergeant-admonished-for-microaggression-email/

The first sergeant concluded his email by reminding them about former NBA superstar Michael Jordan’s habit of appearing at press conferences in a suit and tie, even without a dress code requiring it.

"He was never seen with a gaudy chain around his neck, his pants below his waistline, or with a backwards baseball hat on during public appearances,” Parish said.

Hopefully that shirt can turn in his papers.  What a joke.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Want to lose all credibility as a leader?  Use the term “microaggresion”.  #Triggered

Also, STEP promote that shirt to E-9 ASAP!

• Upvote 3

On 2/12/2018 at 9:22 AM, Danger41 said:

Are you a UPT guy or an FTU guy? 

And if you think CBRNE will be waived in your North Korea example, I think you may be mistaken.

Our FTU is doing the same thing, despite shedding the DOC statement for x crews to support ops squadrons in an effort to make the most of our minimal manning. The things we're asked to do seem kind of random though...CST is a must, but we can't get any time to shoot the M9...

22 hours ago, HeloDude said:

What’s more concerning is the undermining of a military force O-6’s, GO’s, and E-9’s do to maintain a fucked up political correctness.

• Upvote 1

We must be more careful with our words. If we want our young leaders to be successful in macroaggressions during war, we must avoid exposing them to, and victimizing them with microaggressions.

Edited by torqued
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, mikezulu2016 said:

Seen a fair point on a FB page "if tacking on stripes is now hazing, how long until fini-flight spray downs are considered hazing as well"

It's already in there...

"(7) Subjecting another person to excessive or abusive use of water"

3 minutes ago, HU&W said:

It's already in there...

"(7) Subjecting another person to excessive or abusive use of water"

Guess they’ll need to drain the solo dunk tanks too when the T-6 is no longer grounded. 

Is it considered a micro aggression or a macro aggression if I tell someone to grow a pair of goddamn balls. Probably highly offends the gender neutral sensibility as well. I vote Democrat lately and consider myself somewhat left of center. This is the kind of thing that gives liberals such a bad name amongst conservatives. These people need to understand how to be progressive without being such pussies about it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Strictly responding to the "microaggression" apology at the Academy.

Senior military leaders do not know how to respond to social media criticism and demands.  The conventional thinking is to immediately appease to the younger generation and the social media witch hunts because it will win internet points and avoid online backlash.  This method is effective in temporary quelling the social media faux outrages (often not the core audience), but in the long run it erodes good standard and discipline, esprit de corps,  and effective military command and control.  The correct thing to do is simple, everything in the military comes back to the standards/core values.  Defend the standards and the core values and you will eventually be absolved from the internet accusations (whether or not the person has the courage to do this is a different topic for discussion). 

Mattis is the only person I've seen unaffected by the social media and traditional media attacks.  He  receives generally favorable supports from military members and civilian alike, because he stick to his core values/principles, simple and truthful with his answers, and his body of work gives him credibility.  When I think of the SECDEF I think of lethality, he only cares about lethality (have stated many times) and it's my job to support his priority.

I cringe when I see senior managers create selfies and mannequin challenges (Debbie James) or the NSA Director wearing t-shirt and mom jeans in Vegas (Keith Alexander) in an effort to connect with the younger crowds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3