What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Shout out to the "leaders" who said, "Staff's all in for this exercise."  Then wouldn't clarify what that meant until 1500 on Friday.
That clarification - 12's for 10 days straight, sorry-not sorry about your weekend plans.

Can you articulate for those of us outside the loop on this one?

16 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Shout out to the "leaders" who said, "Staff's all in for this exercise."  Then wouldn't clarify what that meant until 1500 on Friday.

That clarification - 12's for 10 days straight, sorry-not sorry about your weekend plans.

You're not at Dyess, are you?

3 hours ago, pawnman said:

You're not at Dyess, are you?

Negative.

15 hours ago, di1630 said:

Can you articulate for those of us outside the loop on this one?

We were told we're participating in an exercise.  Last time we were all in, 12 hour coverage, split amongst the minions.  Found out Friday it's 12's for all 10 days straight including weekends.

57 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

Found out Friday it's 12's for all 10 days straight including weekends.

Do you have the manning to work a Panama schedule (break your flight/SQ into 2 "crews" each with a day shift and night shift)? 

Crew A does 2 days on 2 days off, 3 days on 3 days off. Crew B does 2 days off 2 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on. Just make sure you have some sort of mechanism for handoff between shifts/crews (logs, slides, etc...)

The squadron I'm in now does that in perpetuity and while you don't get every weekend off you do get two 3 days weekends every month... 

We were told we're participating in an exercise.  Last time we were all in, 12 hour coverage, split amongst the minions.  Found out Friday it's 12's for all 10 days straight including weekends.

What’s your role in the exercise? If you can help/train, fine, if not, it’s BS.

My sq was TDY at a base during a ORE...base told us not to interfere, DO said “we’ll participate in full chem gear etc” so that he could look good.

8 hours ago, di1630 said:

My sq was TDY at a base during a ORE...base told us not to interfere, DO said “we’ll participate in full chem gear etc” so that he could look good.

You don't happen to be a Dyess guy do you?

On 1/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, abmwaldo said:

Do you have the manning to work a Panama schedule (break your flight/SQ into 2 "crews" each with a day shift and night shift)? 

Crew A does 2 days on 2 days off, 3 days on 3 days off. Crew B does 2 days off 2 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on. Just make sure you have some sort of mechanism for handoff between shifts/crews (logs, slides, etc...)

The squadron I'm in now does that in perpetuity and while you don't get every weekend off you do get two 3 days weekends every month... 

We do not.  We're terrifyingly under-manned for what we're supposed to be doing.  For example, in the exact same section in other orgs there's 4+ people working together on tasks.  We've got 1 person, same amount of tasks and coord.  It'll be interesting to see this coming week because I'm not doing anything real-world since I'm not staying longer than 12hrs.

19 hours ago, di1630 said:

It's not the fuck-fuck exercise games.  It's the fuck-fuck passive-aggressive for 2 weeks so we make family plans while getting vaguely told we're "team players."  Exercises aren't surprises,  just our level of effort.  "So, am I working this coming weekend?"

Reply, "We're team players."

Got to cut out my dudes early today since they were doing nothing related to it...just being "team players."

On a positive note I found out I could put in for retirement this December.

7 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

Perhaps in the C-17 community.  Care to share with the rest of us?

He might be. But the Herk community has had a rash of C-17 dudes that come over and start messing things up. Now the big question is to how can we stop this silly trend in AMC?

14 hours ago, cragspider said:

He might be. But the Herk community has had a rash of C-17 dudes that come over and start messing things up. Now the big question is to how can we stop this silly trend in AMC?

Stop the PHOENIX programs.  The CAF doesn’t do it, why would the MAF do it?  Also keep people in their MDS’s.  However AMC, and really the entire MAF, has a boner over making C-17 guys in charge of everything, however they have limited command billets.  Which is why you see shitty people like Rat taking over a KC-135 Squadron and C-130 Wing for command as a career strart airlift guy.

A running joke at Altus when I was there was if you’re the #1 tanker guy on base, you were really #15 on the base due to all the C-17 guys.

Edited by Azimuth

1 hour ago, Azimuth said:

Stop the PHOENIX programs.  The CAF doesn’t do it, why would the MAF do it?  Also keep people in their MDS’s.  However AMC, and really the entire MAF, has a boner over making C-17 guys in charge of everything, however they have limited command billets.  Which is why you see shitty people like Rat taking over a KC-135 Squadron and C-130 Wing for command as a career start airlift guy.

A running joke at Altus when I was there was if you’re the #1 tanker guy on base, you were really #15 on the base due to all the C-17 guys.

You are correct. But if we stop the Phoenix programs how will AMC know who the shinny penny’s are? Well I’m sorry if you have limited command billets. Look at the RPA enterprise. They have very limited billets. But they seem to have a problem with messing up the communities that they show up at. Now I get doing the Phoenix program as a young guy but bring them back to where they started. I’ve seen to many guys come into places and have a problem with flying tac vs just flying strat missions. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, abmwaldo said:

By using the term "Warrior Monk" ironically, I think it can be concluded that your post constitutes berating with the intent of belittling or humiliating through the use of an electronic device and social media. An investigation shall commence within 5 days. Expect prevention and response reeducation for your entire unit following shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

Is any other wing in AETC going for "full mission ready status"? Instead of reacting to increasing tensions with N Korea by focusing on making students that much better, we all have to do CBRNE, expeditionary active shooter training, etc.  This is despite the AETC push within the past 12 months to protect all FTU aircrew from deployments.  I'm pretty sure if there's a full blown war a) the production pipeline will still need to go on, and b) all that stuff would be waived anyway.