What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

USFJ just added on a curfew of 0000-0500 for all military, in addition to the alcohol ban.  I never would have imagined I'd say this, but if anyone over there needs a little freedom come on out to Korea.  Soju flows freely til 0100!

zach braff

11 hours ago, joe1234 said:

This is an interesting conversation. The answer is, if you're in Okinawa, you're just a pawn in a much bigger game being played. The government of Japan wants us there but has to placate the Okinawans and convince their own citizens to look the other way. Committing a crime -- any crime -- makes them lose face. So, the U.S. does curfews and punishments. It saves face at the cost of pissing off the pawns who justifiably bitch about it being unfair, but they are pawns and who gives a shit what pawns think.

You guys complain about bad management and poor leaders, but the truth of the matter is, the vast majority of the military will eat shit and ask for seconds no matter how badly you treat them. You can't be that shocked that most leaders will take advantage of that fact.

You have been exposed to the wrong community of the military if you believe this.  The best officers I've served with have a lot of "fuck you and your fucking bullshit order" in them, and the best generals I have known, know this.

Apparently though, you cannot draw sky dicks.

Edited by matmacwc
  • Like 1

Those Growler bros who drew the sky dick messed up in their message.

Right away, it should have been a post on their social media:  "To show solidarity with the Movember movement, we did our part to raise awareness for men's health."

BOOM - it's a movement.  Use the social welfare BS when it suits you.  At trial:  "WHAT?  YOU'RE AGAINST MEN'S HEALTH???  GENDERIST!!!"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

There it is: winner of the the dumbest fuckin rule of November, 2017.

So there I was, finishing up my go-to workout set of warm-up, weights, pool, sauna.  Like I've done a hundred times at this and other bases.  Gettin my sweat on, a 1ea kakis and polo pops her nugget in the sauna, looks over at me, "Excuse me, could you please put a shirt on?"   ...in the sauna?  Time for this but no time to have towels available?

Time to join the Y I guess.

1 hour ago, BFM this said:

There it is: winner of the the dumbest in rule of November, 2017.

So there I was, finishing up my go-to workout set of warm-up, weights, pool, sauna.  Like I've done a hundred times at this and other bases.  Gettin my sweat on, a 1ea kakis and polo pops her nugget in the sauna, looks over at me, "Excuse me, could you please put a shirt on?"   ...in the sauna?  Time for this but no time to have towels available?

Sounds to me you need to change your work out routine, so you get a different response next time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BFM this said:

There it is: winner of the the dumbest fuckin rule of November, 2017.

Was she hot?

AFI 36-3003

4.1.1.7. Leave Begins and Ends in the Local Area. The local area is the place where the member lives and from which he or she commutes to the duty station. Charge leave forduty days and non-duty days (for example, Friday through Monday) when members take leave on the day before and the day after non-duty days. This applies to leave taken in the local area. Exception: When a member’s leave ends on a day before a non-duty day, the commander may authorize leave on the next duty day for an emergency situation and not charge leave for the non-duty days. If the member knew of the emergency situation before his or her departure on the original leave, charge the member leave for the weekend or other non-duty days.

TLDR: Can't take leave Fri and the following Monday without taking four days. Stupid rule.

Fraternization rules could use a lot of updating. Too much drama over nothing burgers in the military these days. Female participation in the military to the degree they do today, warrants more liberal frat policy.

Of course, pretending every single male/female interaction out there is a casting couch power dynamic is the flavor du jour, so fat chance frat policy getting liberalized in this climate.

If Top Gun 2 generated buzz, then, of course, another in the genre will too...

12 O'clock Nigh

Scene 1:  Delta FO Harry Stovall, having parked his 787 at Heathrow, kills part of his 20 hour layover with a stroll down some shop streets near The City in London.

Suddenly, he spots a model of an F-15C in the window in a junk shop...cue harp music and wavy focus camera...

Scene 2: Then Captain Harry "Burner" Stovall is the reluctant wing exec and is slaving away at his desk awaiting the arrival of the new wing king after the previous one had been fired for boning SSgt Yummy Britches in the staff car.

The door bangs open and in walks Col Frank Savage, fresh off his Air Staff tour (prior to that he'd flown the Eagle for one tour at Eglin, then had a career of exec/school/exec/school/command, to the Air Staff and now here at RAF Archbury).

Stovall stands up to acknowledge the O-6.  Who immediately berates Stovall for having the fun meter morale patch, his flight cap visible in his leg pocket, and his zipper slightly below his name tag.

"Captain, I want to see the personnel folders of every pilot in this wing immediately."

Scene 3:  That evening in the Club bar, Stovall is at the bar trying to not badmouth the new commander as the bros gather 'round looking for gouge.

When in bursts Savage himself, proclaiming "This bar is closed.  All pilots will muster in the wing auditorium at 0700 tomorrow morning."

The crowd files out grumbling unintelligibly...

Scene 4:  The next morning, at 0700, the auditorium is called to attention and in strides Savage, his Chief, and Stovall.  

Savage ascends the stage, dramatically pulls the cord to the curtain covering the big board, to reveal...The Plan

"Gentlemen, effective immediately, every single one of you will reset your clock on all the ancillary CBTs the Air Force and DoD have mandated.  You will complete this no later than a week from today.  I will not tolerate sloppy uniforms or sloppy green dots."

Raising his hand the OG asks, "Sir, that will take nearly 70 hours even if we group take all the on-line tests and the like.  We are supposed to deploy for the Baltic Ops mission next week and had some LFEs scheduled with the Brits over the Wash."

"Col Cobb, if I want your opinion, I will give it to you.  That's all, gentlemen.  Dismissed."

Scene 5:

A week later:

"Stovall, why am I seeing all these 7-day opts?"

"Dunno, sir.  Here's mine..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4